Show Printable Version 59 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2012, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #76
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Yup, just found it on Amazon too, here is a much bigger picture:

05-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guess where I'm going tomorrow, if open ... ?

Bonsoir,

Answer = BOULANGER store N° 1 and N° 2 in Poitiers ... to see if I can pre-order !!! Just for funnies though, since I already have a K-5 & K-r in the house ... just want to see the saleperson's face and reaction. They know me ... it's my accent thing that gives me away.

It may have to wait until Friday, since tomorrow is a holiday in France ... On verra.

Allez et à demain, John le French Frog
05-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet, but there's a Raw/Fx button on the side. Not really a killer feature, but one that does bring it a bit closer to the high end.

That 799 euro price tag looks like it's for the 18-55 WR kit. Considering that the 18-55 WR kit added $150 to the price of the K-5 (in the US), the body only K30 should be a fair bit cheaper.

Last edited by Cannikin; 05-16-2012 at 01:09 PM.
05-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Considering that it's the non-WR lens it's still the same price as the K-5, at least converted to the Swedish pricing.

05-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Oh my god it comes in white and blue!?!?!?
05-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
That blue looks sexy

That it does

£700, that's quite steep, you can get a K-5 for that. Hopefully this means the K5 Replacement and the FF come soon though
05-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Pentax can't be just about getting the existing base to UPGRADE. Its got to be more about increasing market share.

Over the last year, there's been a lot of buzz about the mirrorless cameras from Fuji and Sony.

Altho, the K30 is not a mirrorless camera (i think), its a very credible alternative to the Nex 5n at $649 and the Nex7 at $1000+. One occasionally sees a post from a PF member, about "since i've got the Nex 5n, i just don't use the K5 anymore" or "I got the 5N and then sold the K5". For these market losses, the K30 is a small form factor that sill ranks as a dslr.

Plus, am i right in suspecting that for small registration distance lenses, like the Nex e lenses, there seems to be a frequent case of soft corners, such as the e-16mm one and the e-18-50 zoom? ( i may be totally out to lunch on that ) Course if one uses the manual adapters, then one can use the better lenses, but not in AF mode.

A small Pentax K30 that is fairly compact but also offers AF lenses with great optics, albeit generally larger lenses, has a lot to offer. Not that there isn't a case for the Nex type of camera - there is.

05-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #83
Moo

Is this particularly smaller than previous models then? Otherwise, it's not really a mirrorless-competitor...
05-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
Don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet, but there's a Raw/Fx button on the side. Not really a killer feature, but one that does bring it a bit closer to the high end.

Also, to those who keep saying it's close to the same price as the K-5, that 799 euro price tag looks like it's for the 18-55 WR kit. Considering that the 18-55 kit added $150 to the price of the K-5, the body only K30 should be a fair bit cheaper.
Here in Sweden the 18-55 WR adds about 50-60€ the pricing. I bought my K-5 + 18-55WR for about 799€ last winter so I'm still disappointed at the pricing compared to the K-5. I want a second camera so I would be very happy for a new model but this doesn't appeal to me more than another K-5. Although I also have to say that the Blue one looks great and the camera got a robust look to it.
05-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #85
Pentaxian

"K 30" = better choice than "K-z"

Bonsoir,

At least the "K 30" name is good news as opposed to the previously leaked/trolled name of "K-z " ... maybe someone at Pentax read the heated debate and exchanges over the "K-z" name upon PF ... I will bet you dollars to dough nuts that they are reading us closely.

Salut, John Frog
05-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice specs! Like the design except for the Pentax logo. It'd be interesting to see a picture of the back. Swivel LCD perhaps?
05-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Anyone notice the K looks different in the various images. The Boulanger images have the K that is also used on the K-01, but the Amazon pictures have a K like used on the DSLR K-series. Which is real?? Not that it matters, since the overall design is the same it's probably early days but real nevertheless... Like many this makes me wonder what the K-5 successor will be like?

Wim
05-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #88
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Additional info about the K30:

-Three color options
-6FPS, not four
-100% VF
-11-point AF

The camera will be officially announced early next week.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is expensive for an entry-level camera, but that is in line with Pentax deliberately aiming for higher prices. To compensate it has two great features from the top-end camera: weather-sealing and two dials. This leaves me quizzical. It doesn't really offer anything over the K-5, which will be at a similar price point on launch. It is very much a "me too" camera at a time when Pentax needs to make a statement about their SLR line.

P.S. To those forum members who were telling me to wait for the next Pentax camera because it would blow my socks off... please eat your words. And stop dreaming of a future that will always be "next camera" away. You'll be much happier taking pictures today with the camera you have today.
05-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #90

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Anyone notice the K looks different in the various images. The Boulanger images have the K that is also used on the K-01, but the Amazon pictures have a K like used on the DSLR K-series. Which is real??
Yes, well observed. Also, on one the right hand grip is leather, in the boulanger catalogue it seams to be smooth plastic.

Anyway, i think they look stunning!! Like the tilted Pentax logo too