Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 59 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #136
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Would you rather see a T1i, T2i, T3i or similar conventional models... or 5D/7D.... all too boring for me... I honestly don't want to see Pentax going in that direction... perhaps it is just me, I guess (and I even like the Q better than the G12)....
Absolutely not. But look at what relative upstarts Olympus, Fuji, Panasonic, and Sony have forced big CaNikon to do. The Nikon 1 system and Canon G1x (rumored to go interchangeable next month).

If you're moving slower than Canon or Nikon you know you're in trouble. Is anyone here really excited for 11-point SAFOX XVIIII? Be honest.

05-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #137

Photos: Gallery
That might be just the replacement I wanted for my trusty K200D!
05-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #138

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
LOL! The opposite of what you want is for Pentax to succeed. You should not presume to speak for the people here.

You've picked a bad time to troll. I think the mood right now is a little too jovial for your sad sack tactics to bring anyone down.
I disagree with illdefined's post, but i don't see any signs of him being a troll nor of trying to speak for everyone.
05-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Edit: So it's a K01 in a normal body? Or, a normal body with a K01 sensor? Or, a normalized design with a K01 sensor?
Lets hope not i dont want 1fps RAW....

05-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #140
Forum Member

K30

Looks like a very promising direction for Pentax. I love the look and the fact that Pentax could be continuing down the "rugged" path. The design makes a strong statement like many of the beautiful Nikon designs in recent years.

I only hope it has an add-on grip option! Gripped bodies (K-5/7 especially) always fit my hands better.
05-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #141
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
If it's the k-5's sensor, and if it's 900 bucks with the 18-55, I think I'll go for it over the k-5... or even the k-5 replacement..
It's not 900 bucks, lower around $700
05-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #142
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
You know it's about 2/3's of the European price? You get away cheap!

05-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
If it's definitely $700-$800 with that kit lens, I am SO getting it instead of the k-5.
05-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #144
Veteran Member

The kit on the French site was WR, IIRC.
05-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #145
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Any word on AF besides the number of points, such as the SAFOX version?

--DragonLord
05-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #146
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
You should not presume to speak for the people here.
I was speaking as part of the general camera buying public, but do a search on this forum (even this thread) for "D-LX" and see if fellow Pentaxians haven't been calling for this kind of product for years now. Also check back to see how many people have likened the K30 design to a "transformer", whether they like it or not, I wasn't the first and I won't be the last.

I was very encouraged by Ricoh acquiring Pentax because I felt they both had similar photographic philosophies that made sense together. They said the first Pentax product that had Ricoh input would come out this summer, but I can't believe this is it because I don't recognize it being from either company.
05-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #147
Pentaxian

Let me doubt this is weathersealed body if sold with DA-L kit lenses, as shown by the 3-model picture ...
05-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #148
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
I was speaking as part of the general camera buying public, but do a search on this forum (even this thread) for "D-LX" and see if fellow Pentaxians haven't been calling for this kind of product for years now. Also check back to see how many people have likened the K30 design to a "transformer", whether they like it or not, I wasn't the first and I won't be the last.
Better to try and advance a new design rather than stick with old ones though eh? I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure putting another retro styled SLR out there would really be any better than this. If Pentax want to go for the rugged style then so be it. I think making a new design is far better than trying to re-hash an old one, like the OM-D or the Fuji cameras. For example, I think Samsungs NX200 is one of the best looking cameras going, but then I think I'm fairly alone in that regard. I also think the K-01 is an amazing piece of kit aesthetically.
05-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks nice. This could be a great travel & backcountry camera for those wanting to travel light and small and have weather sealing. Right now I have to choose between smaller/lighter OR weather sealing with my K-x & K-5.
05-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #150
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
Better to try and advance a new design rather than stick with old ones though eh? I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure putting another retro styled SLR out there would really be any better than this. If Pentax want to go for the rugged style then so be it. I think making a new design is far better than trying to re-hash an old one, like the OM-D or the Fuji cameras. For example, I think Samsungs NX200 is one of the best looking cameras going, but then I think I'm fairly alone in that regard. I also think the K-01 is an amazing piece of kit aesthetically.
I like that they are finding a profile after the years of different directions in every strange way. The "pro" adventure-looking cams aren't that common and the K-01 looks and feels solid too. The Q is a good jack pocket cam to complement the rougher ones on the street and the rough compact ones are for the pockets during the tough adventures. I just think the K30 is strange when combining price with specs and looking at the K-5.

I also think the NX200 looks really nice, it's the lenses that keeps me away as I don't like them.