Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 59 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #721
Inactive Account

K-7/K-5 grip is still the king of its class Its thicker than K-30 and just the litle more thickness makes great difference.

No doubt though.... K-30 seems to be one heck of a package!!!

05-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #722

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
that's the 18-135mm WR. Which would be the ultimate bundle for many consumers. Hope they do put out this kit and price it right.
So far i found body only, 18-55 DA and 18-135 kit. There's no price yet. Somebody was not paying enough attention, and the info is available (if you know what to search for).

That's where i got the info. It's a retailer from our planet it's not amazon, it's a small fish.

Would do them no good if i say who they are (maybe Pentax will get angry). After all, i guess they just make a living.

Last edited by StepOne; 05-21-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: more info
05-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #723
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StepOne Quote
So far i found body only, 18-55 DA and 18-135 kit.
where? and for which markets?
05-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #724
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
The built-in flash is longer/taller than the k-7 or k-5, so that may be a good move as well.
I sometimes hope they'll omit any such flash! A dedicated flash is always going to be far superior. Without it, use high ISO instead. Who uses these flashes anyway?
No offence intended of course but I cannot see the rationale and I could see an opportunity to reduce height. Or, for mirrorless cameras, include the contacts for an accessory viewfinder.

05-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #725
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
SAFOX IXi+ autofocus
k-5 is SAFOX IX+
so k30 autofocus should be better than k-5..
that is cool.
Different. The jury is still out RE: conditionals. Just sayin'
05-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #726

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
K-7/K-5 grip is still the king of its class Its thicker than K-30 and just the litle more thickness makes great difference.
true, still look very smallish to me
05-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #727
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
But there aren't plenty to choose from that will natively take my collection of K mount lenses...
I am referring to someone here complaining about not getting an articulated lens and prefer to see R/P get close to the specs similar Canikon models to gain new market share.

05-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #728
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
I sometimes hope they'll omit any such flash! A dedicated flash is always going to be far superior. Without it, use high ISO instead. Who uses these flashes anyway?
No offence intended of course but I cannot see the rationale and I could see an opportunity to reduce height. Or, for mirrorless cameras, include the contacts for an accessory viewfinder.
Because if you remove the on-board flash, you automatically alienate the enormous population of "Want-to-buy-dslr-just-because". That population is the one that will drop $800 bucks on a camera, use it with the lens it came with, and never ever get anything else.
05-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #729
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
There is one called Olympus E-5
OM-D E-M5 too
05-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #730
Veteran Member

I do agree with that... in fact, I can count how many times (no more than 10) I used the built-in flash with my k-7 and k-5 in the past years. Definitely, I would like to see them getting rid of that on high end models.
05-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #731
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Different. The jury is still out RE: conditionals. Just sayin'
Careful. You dont want to be called an eeyore or a forum nerd on this thread do you?
05-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #732
Veteran Member

I never use my flash either, I would pay to remove it. I suspect I'm not a standard customer, though.
05-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #733
Veteran Member

Lots of people use them as wireless master triggers, and they're incredibly useful for beginners in that sense.But I sort of agree, I wouldn't mind losing a built in flash.
05-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #734
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Just a few more hours until the official launch now. Looks like one of our moderators accidentally published info about the K-30's AF, though, so feel free to browse that...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #735
Veteran Member

I often use the built in flash at partys and receptions. It works realy well on the Nikon.
Unfortunatley I have a fat lens on the K5 and it causes vignetting lol.
Its handy because you have 50 idiots a night grabbing the camera to see there pic lol
Quick shot... push it down as soon as.....
And yes.... acts as a master nicely on occasion with no fuss !