Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
05-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Google Earth - Overhead Imagery....

Pentax has about 5 locations around Hanoi

You might be surpriced to learn that google earth is a composit of satelite images of various age. For instance, if someone ask the question: "does Douglas_of_Sweden still drive an old red Ford?" you will still find that car parked in front of my house despite that I sold it three years ago. Google earth isnt that updated that you can use it for industrial spionage.

05-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Asahi Man from yesterday, on DPR:

K30, K5n, K3 and maybe full-frame at Photokina...
"Sorry,complete nonsense
K30 is next, everybody knows it i think.....
than the next body is to see in September, not a day earlier.
The overnext body beginning of 2013, it is NO 35mm Body."

I'll believe him, ahead of some guy on a Russian forum.
05-19-2012, 05:17 AM - 1 Like   #78

QuoteOriginally posted by SuperK5 Quote
I don't see the logic if this K-30 were true. It would mean Pentax is way behind in the market place. This "K-30" will be a market DUD!!!
Why would anybody pay $850.00 for an outdated camera when you can get this for $700.00??? ...Just does not make sense to me.

Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera With AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm 25492
Why are you comparing just megapixels? Because I fail to see where else the D3200 would be better.

Since you think megapixels make a better camera, why would you get the D3200? When you can get a Nokia 808 which has 41 megapixels?! It doesnt make sense to me /sarc

The K30 has higher ISO, is weather sealed and shoots faster. Also have you seen samples from the D3200? I've seen some and they are horrible.:S
05-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Just go and take a D3100 or D3200 in your hand. You will feel this is alow end camera

05-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote

"Sorry,complete nonsense
K30 is next, everybody knows it i think.....
than the next body is to see in September, not a day earlier.
The overnext body beginning of 2013, it is NO 35mm Body."

I'll believe him, ahead of some guy on a Russian forum.
I would too.
05-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Asahi Man from yesterday, on DPR...
I have read some posts by asahi man before, but searched what he has posted at Dpr over the time. It seems he's working at a major Pentax retailer in Germany. Some of his earlier posts have not been quite accurate, but it is of course possible that Pentax has changed their plans.

This is the impression I got from his posts. Take it with a LOT of salt, not just a grain.

- Now there'll be the K-30 which is a K-r replacement and will have a Sony sensor
- At Photokina we'll see the K-5 replacement, which will NOT be called K-3, will NOT be a full frame camera and will NOT use the 24 MP Sony sensor but rather some new 16 MP Sony sensor.
- There will be a Q II at some point, but I gathered no other DSLRs in 2012 in addition to the two above.
- A third DSLR in early 2013, probably not a FF camera either.
05-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #82
Veteran Member

"Sorry,complete nonsense

Coincides with this also:

Post from another forum member ( @leonsroar )
QuoteQuote:
Hi there, I found an interesting post from the other forum in Japan.
He has never leaked clear things only abstract ones but it’s always convinced as true once new models were launched.
Excuse my awful translation to English…

PENTAX K-5 Part69

//////////////Quote//////////////
#167 & #170by "Sales Rep of Pentax" 05/17/2012(Thu) 03:45
*2 more models are upcoming.
*K-5 will be discontinued after K-30 launched.
*K-5 price will go up (=> in Japan market)
*18 colors (=> no indication which model)
*The next one is the low price one which has been longed and expected. it will be with unperverted (=normal=appropriate=classic<?>) evolution.
*A compact one is upcoming.
*BTW I'm just a sales rep (responding to questions from others "Are you actually working for development team?")
*K-5 successor will have unperverted (same meaning as the above) evolutions also known as "brush up" and don’t have what you guys are concerning about.
*The last one's image will have obvious difference which assaults into C&N's area. You will immediately see the difference.
//////////////Unquote//////////////

<Supplemental and Presumption>
*18 colors => not sure which model is indicated but most likely K-30 in this context. (there is small possibility to lower price one though)
*the low price one => seems like "real" entry model below K-30. (K-Z or K300?)
*Compact one => not sure if it is indicating normal point & shoot or such like G1X or integrated model with Ricoh's system.
*K-5’s successor don’t have what you are concerning => My assumption is 24MP with lower High ISO performance than current 16MP. But if "what we are concerned" means the fact of still sticking with APS-C then whole context paradoxically means equipping FF?
*C&N’s area=> FPS? AF? Sensor Size? or No LPF? He is mentioning "IMAGE" so that it needs to be directly associated with IQ...sounds like No LPF. Personally hoping everything though
This one seems to be pretty legit as it is fairly detailed. Sorry but I for one honestly can't see Pentax investing in FF with the minuscule market share they currently have, with all things "being relevant" going by the numbers they would hardly move any FF units.

05-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Give me finer and more focus points on the K5 along with better flash metering and
I will be a happy bunny
05-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #84
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
I have read some posts by asahi man before, but searched what he has posted at Dpr over the time. It seems he's working at a major Pentax retailer in Germany. Some of his earlier posts have not been quite accurate, but it is of course possible that Pentax has changed their plans.

This is the impression I got from his posts. Take it with a LOT of salt, not just a grain.

- Now there'll be the K-30 which is a K-r replacement and will have a Sony sensor
- At Photokina we'll see the K-5 replacement, which will NOT be called K-3, will NOT be a full frame camera and will NOT use the 24 MP Sony sensor but rather some new 16 MP Sony sensor.
[snip]
Yup, plenty salt. Unless Pentax can produce something amazing from another 16-meg sensor, they'll having a hard time convincing folks to shell out 1500 bucks or so on a K5 replacement when the present K5 and probably the K30 would likely run it so close. And if asahi man is to be believed, it's beginning to look as if Pentax's activity in 2012-2013 isn't really all that much more than in previous years despite all the hype about a 4-DSLR line-up and lots of compacts, new lenses, etc. In fact, as of today, Pentax almost have a no-DSLR line-up since the K30 is not yet released, the K-r is officially end of line and the K5 is unofficially end of line and both are being sold off on a discounted, while stocks last basis.
05-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
i'm quite late here but

@Douglas of sweden :

Yes ! the 35/2.4 cover full frame, even @2.4 without vignetting as far as i noticed.
The 40 vignette @2.8 but it's almost invisible if you don't search for it.
DA*55 is vignetting @1.4 to 2. Onward not visible.
05-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #86
Veteran Member

Hell Im more than happy with 16milion and I personly dont want more.
So its all good for me lol
05-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Sorry...I don't follow on this one. Are the K10, 20, 200 and stuff all manual focus? I did not know that.
The price still seems rather high. maybe $400 to $500 is probably a better range if they want to attract anybody other than
people already using Pentax.
The 3200 does not have a focus motor in the body, so it requires the use of AF-S or AF-I lenses that do have a focus motor in the lens in order to autofocus.
05-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #88
ogl
Banned

From what I have seen so far the K-30 specs look similar to the Nikon D5100 which is on the chopping block as far as I know.
The D5100 is being replaced at the same cost point by the 24 MP D3200.
Nikon D3200 Review Summary | Neocamera
05-19-2012, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #89
Veteran Member

This is where I saw the "specs" for this K-30

Pentax K-30 - Digital SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

What I'm trying to point out is that the next generation of medium priced DSLR's seem to be moving to 24 MP sensors. The D3100 and D5100 are now considered old as is the K-r and are all being discontinued very soon. so with the "specs" of the K-30 being pretty much inline with the specs of the D5100 it kinda makes the technology of the K-30 old too before it even gets to market.

That's why the comparison to these others?... because of the similar price class.
Sensor isn't everything and if we look at the features the K30 is classed above the D3200 and the D5100, just dont look at the price or the sensor but at the whole package.

The K30 has a lot more in common with the D7000 and the 60D when we look at the specs, and pentax is offering those specs at 2/3th of the price they are offering their cameras, the K-30 is a step forward for the budget market, they are getting better viewfinder and a camera body with more manual controls.
The difference between 16mp and 24mp sensor is neglect able for the budget market because you only see a good differnce when you're using a tripod or flash light and are using low ISO.
Besides that 16mp files are easier to handle then 24mp is why cripple yourself, with 16mp you can have a larger buffer and a faster camera with the same hardware.
So it makes more sense to go with 16mp, you get a far better balanced camera and the K30 isn't aimed at the complete novice but more at people that are a bit more in the known because of the more advance control it offers.
I'm sure all Km, Kx and Kr users here sees what the K30 is about, it will give them basicaly a K5 for a low price.

Last edited by Anvh; 05-19-2012 at 09:23 AM.
05-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #90
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by frankfanrui Quote
A quote from the German DSLR forum:
translated:
"... 1.) the last K5s arrived from the Far East
2.) As of May, the K5n will be available (with articulated screen)
3.) As of July/summer there will be a K3

...and the big bang:

a truly professional DSLR (K1?) is due in autumn WITHOUT APSC (!)"

because the original content is in Deutsch which is beyond my understanding, I guess the English is translated by Google translate, which may not exactly express it's original meaning.

Below is the original address, hope this is true although the possibility is low.

K30, K5n, K3 and maybe full-frame at Photokina...: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

I wonder if those guys over there are citing PentaxForums. laugh