Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #91
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
I agree they need to offer more full frame lenses, but let's get this correct. From my memory the full frame compatible lenses in the current line up are at least:

FA 31ltd
DA 40ltd (yes, it covers full frame, it is not as simple as that DA=APSC and FA/DFA=FF)
FA 43ltd
FA 50
DFA 50 macro
FA 77ltd
DFA100 macro
DA* 200
DA* 300
Some of the last FA zoom's also exist in stock in Japan. I checked with a camera shop here that I could order the FA20-35 from Japan.

Does the DA35/2.4 cover full frame? It's original lens design the FA35/2.0 does.
Does anyone know if new 50mm and the 560mm cover FF. I suppose no one will until we get one and can test it.
If you really want to know what current lenses cover full frame you should dig up the gigantic thread falcon & Co were running ~2 years ago, where they tested all current lenses on film bodies to see if they covered full frame.

The way I see it, they need to offer some wider prime than 31, two if they can manage, a fish eye, something longer than 300 and three full frame some, wide-angle zoom, normal-zoom, tele-zoom. Preferably two of the later two, one of them f2.8.
But it is not as if they need to develop these lenses. They already have all these designs. New coatings, some WR etc, and that's it. If this is what Pentax-Ricoh is preparing, the crucial thing is to make room for more production-lines. And from what we know, Ricoh could have started that work from the first day they took over.

Do we have any Vietnam member who could get to the Pentax factory and figure out if they are expanding the plant?

I'm not usually the FF advocate here, but right should be right.

I only want to add:

"Praeterea censeo SMC Pentax-FA 200mm f4 macro 1:1 esse fabricari iterum!"

The FA 35/2 is still around as well. As far as the DA 35/2.4 AL, it was based on the same design with the same coatings. However, the elements are slightly smaller in diameter. However, it may still cover full frame. Even it it does, I wold take the FA 35/2 over the DA version if for no other reason build quality and the aperture ring.

http://www.pentax.jp/english/news/2010/201015.html

05-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #92
Veteran Member

I agree they need to offer more full frame lenses, but let's get this correct. From my memory the full frame compatible lenses in the current line up are at least:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/183420-current...me-lenses.html

Does the DA35/2.4 cover full frame? I
Basically, yes.

Does anyone know if new 50mm and the 560mm cover FF.
It would be almost difficult to design a 560mm that ONLY covered APS-C.

The way I see it, they need to offer some wider prime than 31, two if they can manage, a fish eye, something longer than 300 and three full frame some, wide-angle zoom, normal-zoom, tele-zoom.
The 60-250 is patented as a FF lens. There are two lenses on the roadmap - roughly a 12-24 and 24-75 - that have an unknown image circle.
05-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/183420-current...me-lenses.html
(...)

There are two lenses on the roadmap - roughly a 12-24 and 24-75 - that have an unknown image circle.
Those are the kit lenses for the future µ4/3 Pentax
05-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Asahi Man from yesterday, on DPR:

K30, K5n, K3 and maybe full-frame at Photokina...
"Sorry,complete nonsense
K30 is next, everybody knows it i think.....
than the next body is to see in September, not a day earlier.
The overnext body beginning of 2013, it is NO 35mm Body."

I'll believe him, ahead of some guy on a Russian forum.
I blieve that too. A K-5n with rotating screen seems bogus and pointless as it will not increase the models life-span with any noticable amount. The K-30 shows that the K-5 replacement will move upmarket; my guess is that Pentax will fill it with new technology instead of an expensive sensor(FF).
The camera for early next year is either a 645 or an entry level K300....

05-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #95
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I blieve that too. A K-5n with rotating screen seems bogus and pointless as it will not increase the models life-span with any noticable amount. The K-30 shows that the K-5 replacement will move upmarket; my guess is that Pentax will fill it with new technology instead of an expensive sensor(FF).
The camera for early next year is either a 645 or an entry level K300....
If the D600 comes in at $1500 to $1700, it could be a problem for a K-5 replacement released in the price range the K-5 was in 2010.

More Nikon D600 specs | Nikon Rumors

Last edited by Blue; 05-19-2012 at 11:50 AM.
05-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #96
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
All fixed focal lengths...

Anyone surprised to see that the new lenses on the roadmap are mostly zooms? Even a first limited zoom.

And a replacement "DA wide zoom" that just covers 12-24 as the DA 12-24 does. And that is not a bad lens and you can still buy it.

Now back to palm reading and throwing rune stones.
A Dx crop mode would solve a lot those problems especially the zoom category.
05-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
If the D600 comes in at $1500 to $1700, it could be a problem for a K-5 replacement released in the price range the K-5 was in 2010.
One is an FF camera and the other is APS - different formats - different buyers. For the same magnification and speed FF lenses will be more expensive. Besides, I doubt the price of the Nikon. If it indeed is that crippled it may get the same fate as the slow selling Canon 5D; they used years for emtying stock. It is more about filling every hole in the market. Cannibalization will hit Nikon more than anyone else...

05-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #98
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
One is an FF camera and the other is APS - different formats - different buyers. For the same magnification and speed FF lenses will be more expensive. Besides, I doubt the price of the Nikon. If it indeed is that crippled it may get the same fate as the slow selling Canon 5D; they used years for emtying stock. It is more about filling every hole in the market. Cannibalization will hit Nikon more than anyone else...
Wow! Aps-c and FF are different formats. sarcasm Here is your sign. If people don't use both, why does Nikon incorporate auto DX select into the D600? There are plenty of people running multiple platforms or single platforms that use both APS-c and ff bodies. As far as the cost regarding lenses go, that is a strawman argument that you pull out as a deflection every time this comes up. Early you said a Pentax FF would be too expensive. I merely pointed out the a Pentax APS-C that costs as much as a NIkon full frame body will be too expensive. Furthermore, I guarantee the Canon 5D outsold the Pentax ff digital camera by an astronomical margin.

I will repeat this so that you get it: If Pentax runs a flagship aps-c at the same price as the D600 ff Nikon, it will be a problem. You stated in the post I quoted earlier that FF would cost too much.

QuoteQuote:
my guess is that Pentax will fill it with new technology instead of an expensive sensor(FF).
05-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #99
Veteran Member

There are two lenses on the roadmap - roughly a 12-24 and 24-75 - that have an unknown image circle.
Those focal lengths are highly speculative. We don't know how to interpret the fadeout at each end. These look like 12-28 and 16-85 to me.
05-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow! Aps-c and FF are different formats. :sarcasm: Here is your sign. If people don't use both, why does Nikon incorporate auto DX select into the D600? .
I never said people don't use both (I use APS, 35mm and 645 myself). I said they are appealing to different segments; people who want an full featured APS camera are not likely to fall for a stripped down budget FF one at the same price (provided that they actually are going to be sold at the same price in the first place; it remains to be seen). In addition, most buyers don't give a shit whether a camera is FF or not. In fact, for many users if not most, FF is a drawback except for image quality but then the camera must use a better sensor than the current Sony 24mp sensor. Most of todays DSLR users have no background in the film 35mm system and are not married to the 35mm format.
Pentax is currently an APS system. A new FF Nikon will no more affect Pentax upper APS camera sales than the Pentax 645N did for the Nikon F5 sales (they costed the same).
05-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #101
Veteran Member

wow...it is already May....can not wait!
05-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #102
Veteran Member

good for both
people like to move to FF are likely sell their DA lens
so people stay with APS-C can pick up some good DA lens with great price
05-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I wonder if those guys over there are citing PentaxForums.
I believe the German term is "Rückkopplung"...
05-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It would be almost difficult to design a 560mm that ONLY covered APS-C.
I think that argument applies to most tele lenses from about 100mm, so for the same reason the DA200 and DA300 are full frame compatible (in difference to the list in the link you give where they don't seam to believe that the 200mm is FF).
05-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #105

does the k5n have avchd video format, and multiple framerate??? i hate mpeg 4 with 25p!!!