Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #586
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
big city folks tend to think their city is the country, (manila folks are a good example) and forget there is something outside of that.
Personally I think it's the other way around - which is why so many people from the countryside migrate to Manila because they think "most of the country" is here. While most of us city people here in Manila feel so boxed-in because we see the rest of the country and yet couldn't move out, because of our jobs!

05-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #587
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Personally I think it's the other way around - which is why so many people from the countryside migrate to Manila because they think "most of the country" is here. While most of us city people here in Manila feel so boxed-in because we see the rest of the country and yet couldn't move out, because of our jobs!
haha, you may be right about that my friend, but lord knows I've met more than my share of manila folks who think manila is where its at, and nothing else seemingly exists. ah, but all in good spirits I guess. a wonderful city. until a police officer starts directing traffic of course. ha, but you know all about that I'm sure.
05-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #588
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
But that's the thing with this digital age.
With film the advances in the camera weren't that much and you don't see it back in image quality because you replace the film, with digital the quality of the image is connect with the body.

Now we replace the camera, what is it every 3 to 4 years, so if you can save $1000 on the body then that is a lot, a lot more if you save $1000 on a lens over time.
Systems these day need to be based around the lens and not around the camera.
My point was that the lenses you want would be stupidly expensive for APS-C. Much more than $1000 more expensive.
05-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #589
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Wow, given Poitiers' place in world history, I had always assumed it was much larger.
Funnily enough I've been there and didn't realise it was that large

05-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #590
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
hahaha, reality is it should be "you are so Parisian" because the rest of France is very different LOL ( Not a knock at you just an observation from someone who actually loves Paris - and France)
Don't worry, i totally agree with you

what does it mean in france to be parisian? do the rest of the french view them differently?
The non-parisian see parisian like ... hum ... a bunch of idiot, with lots of money, that pretend to love nature but don't even know how to grow grass, that pretend to know everything better than anyone, and see the rest of the country like morron with air in the brain.
That's the long story in the short version.

ok, so its pretty much the same as knowing in an instant someone from manila, when you are in the provinces. or here in the states, someone from atlanta, in a rural area. I just wondered if the french generally regard parisians differently than other french because of the very different lifestyle. big city folks tend to think their city is the country, (manila folks are a good example) and forget there is something outside of that. it often breeds a kind of 'disgust' from the fine folks outside the big city.
Fact is that Paris and what we called "Ile de France" (Paris + suburbs) represente around 1/6 of the country's inhabitant so that explain maybe why Parisian people think Paris = France
05-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #591
Veteran Member

and nothing else seemingly exists. ah, but all in good spirits I guess. a wonderful city. until a police officer starts directing traffic of course. ha, but you know all about that I'm sure.
I think I kind of understand what you mean now, haha! Yeah, I've met people like that too. I've befriended/got acquainted to some actually, but that's just as much. And I agree with the officers - all is well and happy until one appears on the road. Worse if one appears waving at you (been there, hate it, haha) =))
05-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #592
D0n
Banned

Learn something new everyday..... I always thought being from France vs being from Paris was the same thing as being from from America vs being from San Francisco....
Fabulous!

Last edited by D0n; 05-31-2012 at 06:50 PM.
05-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #593
Veteran Member

I wonder if Pentax engineers are reading this thread. Wonder what they're thinking now that forum users are uh, virtually traveling over various cities in the world while waiting for their much-sought 'rumors' =))
05-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #594
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
I wonder if Pentax engineers are reading this thread. Wonder what they're thinking now that forum users are uh, virtually traveling over various cities in the world while waiting for their much-sought 'rumors' =))
During the Hoya era, one company official said something to the effect that dealing with the USA market was a major pain, and was of little value to Pentax, IIRC.

During PF's interview Mr. Hiraku Kawauchi, the planning and product manager of Pentax Japan at the CP+ show last February, he (Kawauchi) seemed surprised that PF features a database of all Pentax lenses. Though he did say he looked forward to build a relationship between Pentax Japan and PF.

Further, my take on the recent UPP lens price mess is that it came about because Pentax informed Ned in no uncertain terms that PRIAC was hurting Pentax big time and Ned must get his house in order (or else).

In short, I think there is little to no awareness of PF among Pentax Japan employees. Maybe that will change over time if Ricoh brings a more progressive view of world markets and information sharing to the corporate culture.
06-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #595
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
Further, my take on the recent UPP lens price mess is that it came about because Pentax informed Ned in no uncertain terms that PRIAC was hurting Pentax big time and Ned must get his house in order (or else).
IMHO, nail, meet hammer.
09-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #596
Inactive Account

Simple question [ what is] a ( articulated screen)
09-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #597
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sqjaw Quote
09-02-2012, 12:45 PM - 2 Likes   #598
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sqjaw Quote

Something that makes your camera more expensive and fragile, but no one really needs.
09-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #599
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mace Quote
Something that makes your camera more expensive and fragile, but no one really needs.
Except all those who do need it.
09-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #600
Inactive Account

thanks folks enjoy your debate on this matter LOL