Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #76
RaduA

[QUOTE=lol101;157248]
QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
The K20D will likely have the Sony 12mp CMOS sensor QUOTE]

Time to take a bet on this... $100?
Hi, Lol101!

Very easy money to make from such a bet!

Radu

01-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
[QUOTE=RaduA;157261]
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote

Hi, Lol101!

Very easy money to make from such a bet!

Radu
Well, apparently, Anastigmat is the only one willing to bet on the Sony sensor and I'd always need a few bucks... you know, just in case the K20 would use a better Pentax and Co. sensor...
01-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #78
RaduA

money talks and ...

[QUOTE=lol101;157266]
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote

Well, apparently, Anastigmat is the only one willing to bet on the Sony sensor and I'd always need a few bucks... you know, just in case the K20 would use a better Pentax and Co. sensor...
Honnestly I think Anastigmat is very willing to TALK about the 12 Mp sensor, but I am afraid he's not that ready to put his money where his mouth is. No disrespect here but this Sony sensor mantra is geting a bit old.
01-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #79
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by anomaly Quote
I shall not visit this site again till thursday.
On thursday there will be a server breakdown on this site...
and this message will be lost in the recovery process
So why am i posting something you will not be able to read
(unless you cant stay away until thursday??)
/Mats

01-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Dude, You just don't give up do you. So OK, everyone else says it is not a Sony, is not 12 mp, but a 14mp cmos built by a company other than Sony.

So it is now time for you to enlighten the rest of us unwashed masses, and tell us what you know that the rest of us do not.
01-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Honnestly I think Anastigmat is very willing to TALK about the 12 Mp sensor, but I am afraid he's not that ready to put his money where his mouth is. No disrespect here but this Sony sensor mantra is geting a bit old.
Exactly, so is his FF rambling. The worst part is that he would not respond to any posting directed at him. You can point out what's wrong with his "info", and he would totally ignore it; and keep posting his own belief in every single thread he wrote (must be in hundreds... by now).
01-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #82
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Exactly, so is his FF rambling. The worst part is that he would not respond to any posting directed at him. You can point out what's wrong with his "info", and he would totally ignore it; and keep posting his own belief in every single thread he wrote (must be in hundreds... by now).
Maybe he is a man with a mission and logic or common sense meen little to nothing for him. I would not be surprissed after the official announcement (of course 14 Mp) to say that this sensor is only a temporary replacement for the K20D mark II with ... drum rolls ... a 12 Mp Sony sensor.

My 2 cents.

Radu

01-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Yes, it is one definition of a Troll n my book...
01-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #84
Veteran Member

Well, it would be interesting how he plays it off when the K20D is announced using a different sensor than the Sony 12 MP sensor he's championing for.

Personally, if he likes the Sony sensor that much, why bother waiting for the K20D, which has been strongly hinted at *not* using that sensor? The A700 and D300 are out already.
01-21-2008, 04:03 AM   #85
Inactive Account

Re: Trolls, boring posters etc. - Use the block facility

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Yes, it is one definition of a Troll n my book...
May I suggest that all the trolls/naysayers are put onto your blocked list. That way their incessant ramblings are hidden and no-one will respond, hopefully they will then go away (fat chance!).

Unfortunately it doesn't work if you are not registered or not signed in.

But then, thats a very good reason to register and DONATE! - Tightwads! - Are you reading this?
01-21-2008, 04:11 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
May I suggest that all the trolls/naysayers are put onto your blocked list. That way their incessant ramblings are hidden and no-one will respond, hopefully they will then go away (fat chance!).

Unfortunately it doesn't work if you are not registered or not signed in.

But then, thats a very good reason to register and DONATE! - Tightwads! - Are you reading this?
Excellent ideas!

One thought I had though is that if no one answers, it might look as if their allegations went unchallenged and might give them some credibility to the untrained eyes...

But then again, answering sometimes makes one look defensive... Oh well, let's try the block thing!
01-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Lenses will now show their warts?

QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote
Many lenses [even very high quality ones] reach their maximum resolution with 10 megapixels. To fully use 14 megapixel you must redesign a sharper lens.

Hmm. So...

What does this say about all other existing Pentax lenses, besides the 18-55? Are they going to start showing their true resolution deficiencies now with the new bodies?

Or are we talking about resolution at the pixel-peeping level - when you're able to zoom in much further into the bits, you see more, but the real image looks the same at the same magnification as before?

It's a bit concerning if all our existing K-mount lenses start producing crap with the new cameras...

test:

test:

http://api.photoshop.com/home_b231f0937f27485799c257f2880d8c43/adobe-px-asse...daf84e722ccd41

Last edited by jsherman999; 03-28-2008 at 01:06 PM.
01-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
It's a bit concerning if all our existing K-mount lenses start producing crap with the new cameras...
Now you know why Pentax has not re-used their old FA designs for the DA-serie...
01-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #89
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Now you know why Pentax has not re-used their old FA designs for the DA-serie...
Mmm AFAIK the DA200/2.8 is really an updated FA200/2.8 so I guess the designs whoch were still good will be reused under DA/DA* range.
01-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #90
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote
Many lenses [even very high quality ones] reach their maximum resolution with 10 megapixels. To fully use 14 megapixel you must redesign a sharper lens.
This is definitely wrong.

1. I do not want to do all the maths again, but we discussed this recently on dpreview and the result was that the good lenses (basically all Pentax fixed focals) reach their limit somewhere at 18 Megapixel.

2. Even if you are right, there is no need to redesign new lenses. It is actually better that the lens limits the resolution and not the sensor. This way you avoid all sorts of sensor resolution artifacts (Nyquist etc.).

3. No, you are 100% right, sell all your K, M and A lenses to me!