Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did they seriously stop making it? I'm not buying that. A price increase on it was announced late last year.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Did they seriously stop making it? I'm not buying that. A price increase on it was announced late last year.
Pentax USA says so. It's no longer listed anywhere on the Pentax web site. The price was reduced a few months ago and then it disappeared.in the past when it was out of stock it just said out of stock.
05-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #18

But it still appears on the japanese website

Other Accessories[For 35mm SLRs] : Accessories : Film Cameras | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
05-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #19

Even on their webshop

?????????K: ??? | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

05-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #20

Well I certainly hope they didn't stop making it. There are certainly plenty of cheap third party options, but I think this is one case where quality takes priority. The third party options don't all maintain the ability to focus at infinity. They are also known to warp. That's no surprise since they're made of thin aluminum, but it skyrockets the chances of the adapter getting stuck on the lens or camera, or just becoming unusable.

Disclaimer: I don't own any M42 adapters so all of this is strictly based on what I've read elsewhere on PentaxForums.
05-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #21

Recently I've bought Fotodiox M42 adapter and it works really good and it's cheap!
First I tried to get the original one from Pentax site, but I can't get it here in The Netherlands.
05-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #22

As a sales rep person myself I find this remark to be highly accurate and completely hysterical. The Pentax rep who manages my store's account happens to have one of the most astute business minds I have met in 19 years in this industry. Fortunately for Pentax in North America he doesn't happen to fit the meteorolgist whipping post.

06-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #23

I hope to see these come back in stock soon. B&H lists them as on backorder, and I've been scouring ebay and elsewhere to find one. If this happens regularly, how long do they generally go out of stock?

Daniel
06-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by debruch Quote
I hope to see these come back in stock soon. B&H lists them as on backorder, and I've been scouring ebay and elsewhere to find one. If this happens regularly, how long do they generally go out of stock?

Daniel
In the past, Pentax would simply list it as out of stock. This time Pentax removed it from their site and are saying it is discontinued.

I did an evilBay search the other day and found them listed between $39 and $80.
06-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #25

Crap, I should have bought a couple more. I bought one last year from B&H. It was made in the Philippines and not Japan. That may have been the reason behind the price drop. It seems to fit perfectly but I don't have a Japanese made one to compare it with.
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #26

Well the adapter is back in stock on the Pentax Webstore. At least for now:

PentaxWebstore.com:Mount Adapter K(35m m Screwmount to Bayonet) Mount Adapter K(35m m Screwmount to Bayonet)
06-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #27
Site Supporter

thanks for the heads up!
i just ordered myself one.
can't wait to try all these old lenses from estate sales now.
06-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stainsor Quote
Disclaimer: I don't own any M42 adapters so all of this is strictly based on what I've read elsewhere on PentaxForums.
You should retain yourself from commenting in such cases rather than possibly misinform other readers
06-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Because Pentax USA says it has been discontinued. It is no longer listed on the website. Pentax must have decided that 37 years was long enough to provide legacy support to the screw-mount lenses.
I'm not usually a cynic, but perhaps Pentax doesn't want us to keep buying and using old lenses on newer cameras. They want us to buy new lenses; their survival depends on it.
06-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by P. Soo Quote
I'm not usually a cynic, but perhaps Pentax doesn't want us to keep buying and using old lenses on newer cameras. They want us to buy new lenses; their survival depends on it.
Sure but without proposer support and until Pentax has an acceptable market share, people would rather go to Canikon.
Pentax has no choice, they HAVE to support older lenses...