Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Hey, Torge. Looks like I might have found a brother. I don't know about you but I need a body (hell, a system!) that can give me the resolution of medium to large format without breaking my back(pack). I sure hope that's what Ben is on about.

01-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am dreaming of an affordable 645D

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoffreyS Quote
Hey, Torge. Looks like I might have found a brother. I don't know about you but I need a body (hell, a system!) that can give me the resolution of medium to large format without breaking my back(pack). I sure hope that's what Ben is on about.
I think this could be done based on the 645 platform. A system with the 645N with well chosen lenses doesn't have to be very heavy/bulky. I am afraid though I won't be able to rectify the body, although I have most of the lenses I am lusting after.

If this K20D thing still has APS-C with the same view finder as the K10D I will pass. If it has a somewhat larger sensor (1.25 maybe) and therfore comes with a better viewfinder I will have to re-assess.

Very interesting indeed,
Torge
01-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #18
Lou
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Who is Travis Cooper?
One of your biggest supporters, sans doute:

"https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/153542-post29.html"

--Lou
01-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lou Quote
One of your biggest supporters, sans doute:

"https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/153542-post29.html"

--Lou
Oh Yeah..OK. Thanks for the reminder. Yes, a trusted close friend.

01-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Torge:
I am with you in the wish for a better viewfinder. I've taken a look or two behind FF cameras and what impressed me most: the VF was WAY clearer and brighter. I really think this spells the big decision for me. I haven't invested in my present system for a long time because I've been waiting to see what happens. It sounds trite, but January 24th may be the day I have to make a decision ... but I hope not.
01-18-2008, 06:45 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can we play 20 questions....

Just got a wonderful message...Getting some new toys on Monday...

Speak soon...

Ben
one at a time, and when we guess right will you just flip your avatar the other way? Then the Pentax police won't know you've answered, it will be just our secret, OK?

I'll start.....ahem....

Question 1) Does the name of the new camera have 2 numbers or 3?

Cheers,
Cameron
01-19-2008, 05:07 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Tell me more

01-19-2008, 05:17 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Speak soon...

Ben
So you will get a new toy on Monday and speak about it three days later? You know, that's NOT good enough!!!
01-19-2008, 05:34 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ddhytz Quote
So you will get a new toy on Monday and speak about it three days later? You know, that's NOT good enough!!!
That is the best I can do...Sorry Guys and Gals!
01-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #25

Have to learn how to focus, press the shutter, put on a lens etc. You know, all the important stuff.
I would like to point out that I am highly skilled at these procedures, and that I can pop over to show you how to do it.

Just offering my services.

-- MW
01-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #26

lucky lucky .........

Ben

I expect some serious testing of this new toy/s between Monday and Thursday.

Actually I would like to think you will favour us all with a few examples within seconds of your NDA expiring.

Crash
(Sucking the sands of the Sudan.)
01-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Speak soon...

Ben
Ben,
Your contributions to the Pentax whisper campaign have been helpful and fun. I know some people objected but the confusion surrounding the Hoya takeover demanded some reassurance to the Pentax community even if it came from a semi official source. You, Steve, Richard, Chris, and several others did a nice job of that.

It is less than a week before your NDA agreement will end and I suspect there is at least one new feature that will be unique. I'm hoping all of you that are "in the know" will take the time to post how you think this, or these, new features work in the real world. I think (hope) one feature will be LV in the OVF. Being able to fine tune focus by magnifying LV is, I think, a major breakthrough for old farts like me with failing eyesight.

Many of us live far enough away from a Pentax dealer that it is very difficult to try the new features before purchasing. We depend on guys like you to fully explain how these features will work in real situations, something missing from most reviews.

Again, thanks for keeping us amused and a little better informed. I, for one, am looking forward to some very long posts with example photos on how to use these new features.

Thanks,

Ken
01-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #28

OMG less the ine week left of all that long waiting! And Ben, you say new toys are good for landscapes! That's what I enjoy mainly during the summer! I guess at 24th of Jabuary I'll ckeck this forum like once in 5 minutes lol. I am all imaptient to see what awaits!
01-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #29

yeah, less than one week, and then I'll no longer have the top-line product
Just hope whatever comes will assure me of a nice growth-path (and maybe a lesser need to go for fish-eyes?)

Anyway, guess we'll see the last week of this section of the forum. Maybe we'll start thinking about photography again

Ah, it is still fun...
01-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #30
Veteran Member

All this speculation has made me forget about buying lenses. That's one good thing!

Ben, you rock man. I hope your conference goes off without a hitch!