Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2012, 03:07 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
I thought I saw it on the Pentax USA site hours ago. It's there now - if you look carefully enough, you can find several references amongst the jumble that's the home page. Seriously folks, it's given the same emphasis as a story about a pet shelter.

I'm holding my tongue, thinking of my late mother and her admonition about finding something nice to say about someone. She was a long-suffering soul in the find-something-nice-to-say camp but she'd struggle with that page and crew, I'm certain. My father, being a CEO in a small way, would be somewhat less reluctant.
Adam was referring to the Optio LS465, the K-30 was there.

05-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #17
Pentaxian

I have to say that today something totally unexpected arrived in my email in box......an email from Pentax announcing the K30 with an awesome picture of water dripping off it. After 2 cameras and several lenses purchased in the past few years, this is the first time I have ever received a thing from Pentax. Contrast that with Canon which sends me announcements of every new product they make since I bought a printer from them several years ago. Maybe not a big thing but at least I feel a little better about the direction the company is headed and especially for the US customers who have pretty much been ignored in recent years.
05-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #18

It's kinda strange, but K30 has been announced today in Russia http://pentax.ru/press/articlehtml/news_220512_3/
I thought it would take them ages as usual, to refresh the news.
05-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Sorry if this has been posted in one of these many threads, but to me it is odd that the K-30 was introduced in most of the Pentax markets. It does not appear on the Pentax Japan, China, or Canada websites, not does the new 50/1.8.

The Pentax Japan website is announcing the
"PENTAX Optio LS465
A pocketable, stylish digital compact camera, combining an
ultra-compact, low profile body with a full array of
user-friendly features
dated 5/22/2012.

I just think it's kind of odd.
Well speaking for Canada yesterday (Victoria day - a relic of British influence that has us celebrating a long dead queen's birthday) was a stat holiday no-one was at work to update anything (that being said it's not there today either but they aren't always the fastest - none of the stores list it yet either.... no big issue given stock is more than a month away)

05-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #20
Lens Buying Addict

K30 is now feaured in the opening slide in the banner head scroll. Clicking Products >> Digital SLR's show a huge blue K-30 right at the top. Details are there as is the Webstore entry.

Contrary to my detailed post pointing out the failure to show a K-01 versus every Pentax regional site in the rest of the workd, Pentax USA did it right this time. Ned and John are starting to execute - don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
I thought I saw it on the Pentax USA site hours ago. It's there now - if you look carefully enough, you can find several references amongst the jumble that's the home page. Seriously folks, it's given the same emphasis as a story about a pet shelter.

I'm holding my tongue, thinking of my late mother and her admonition about finding something nice to say about someone. She was a long-suffering soul in the find-something-nice-to-say camp but she'd struggle with that page and crew, I'm certain. My father, being a CEO in a small way, would be somewhat less reluctant.
QuoteOriginally posted by dominikkolendo Quote
this is weird, becasue pentax.com emailed me BEFORE pentaxforums.com did about the k30, and the pentax usa website had more info and pictures and made a bigger deal out of it i thought.
the emails were back to back in my inbox... so maybe your cookies need to be deleted or something?
it says "never take a raincheck" on the main page emphasising the new WR camera. i know im posting this late, but i first checked this after work (3pm pacific time) and am back online now.
but, yes, i do agree that pentax marketing is the biggest hindrance to the company.
05-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #21
Pentaxian

I, too, got the email around 6 PM CDT US time (I think) and was pleasantly shocked. That part was done very, very well - nicely laid out, enough white space in the right places, with the right graphics and fonts.

Kudos to the email team!
05-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Weird, it still hasn't been released in Japan.
05-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Weird, it still hasn't been released in Japan.
Perhaps "save the best for last"? lol, that's not very effective... they should make coordinated efforts, if it's a worldwide release it should be simultaneous, worldwide.

05-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
if it's a worldwide release it should be simultaneous, worldwide.
Possibilities:

1) It was supposed to be a worldwide release, but somebody screwed the pooch.
2) It wasn't intended to be a worldwide release, and all plans are going smoothly.
3) Nobody knew if a simultaneous release was intended, so nobody coordinated.

(1) and (3) do not have good implications for Pentax-Ricoh.
05-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
Pentaxian

4) Japan people are so busy with R&D for new, so much better products they simply forgot they have to release the K-30
05-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #26
Site Supporter

Original Poster
5) They are so concerned with social media they forgot the corporate dot coms.
05-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #27
Lens Buying Addict

6) They expect to sell a lot more K30's in the USA than in other global markets.
Corollary: They expected to sell a lot more K-01's in EU and Canada than in the USA
05-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #28
Veteran Member

IMHO it seems silly to not coordinate your release worldwide. Perhaps you don't need a full blown media blitz worldwide, but the online stuff should be relatively simple for a company of this size.
05-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #29
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
6) They expect to sell a lot more K30's in the USA than in other global markets.
Corollary: They expected to sell a lot more K-01's in EU and Canada than in the USA
That may not be far of the mark. Has anyone else noticed Michele Martin hasn't been handling the last few press releases out of Denver?
05-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm not sure why Pentax USA hasn't announced it yet, but the info is up on our homepage.
Still moving the brooms out of the closet?