Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Here is my friend Alan with a Pentax representative from... well, Tokyo.

Does your local Pentax store have guys like this too? I'm very positive that.... the presence of such "very official" guys indicate Ricoh's seriousness in knowing how well do their products fare in different countries. They don't normally send reps to check out stores or supervise the marketing of their products on-site. Dang. Ricoh. Is. Serious.

07-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Here is my friend Alan with a Pentax representative from... well, Tokyo.

Does your local Pentax store have guys like this too? I'm very positive that.... the presence of such "very official" guys indicate Ricoh's seriousness in knowing how well do their products fare in different countries. They don't normally send reps to check out stores or supervise the marketing of their products on-site. Dang. Ricoh. Is. Serious.
My guess?

Manila = Philippines, as in certain Pentax products are made there. The fact that he's from Tokyo means he's there for *other* Pentax business and is just showing up in a retail store as part of some collateral duties.

He's not very bright/cheery/markety, so he's just rounding out a trip down there. He looks like an engineer.

I've done the same thing when I'm on a business trip. I've shown up in a division that I am not there *for* as part of getting more exposure of what is going on.

Pentax corporate would not waste time/money with sending a sales person from Japan to a local store, just to have a picture taken.