Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2012, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax/Ricoh promotion

I don't know if anyone else has seen this but I just opened my daily paper and in with all the flyers I found a full colour Pentax Ricoh flyer featuring a bright yellow K-01 on the cover! It is a bright parade of the Pentax Ricoh line up from cameras to scopes and binoculars including a nice group shot of the current lens line up. Nothing new of course but a much more high profile presence just before Father's Day. Our best local Camera store is also prominently featuring a Pentax sponsored photo contest on its home page. I have not seen this level of promotion for the brand in years, that has to be a positive thing.

06-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
I don't know if anyone else has seen this but I just opened my daily paper and in with all the flyers I found a full colour Pentax Ricoh flyer featuring a bright yellow K-01 on the cover! It is a bright parade of the Pentax Ricoh line up from cameras to scopes and binoculars including a nice group shot of the current lens line up. Nothing new of course but a much more high profile presence just before Father's Day. Our best local Camera store is also prominently featuring a Pentax sponsored photo contest on its home page. I have not seen this level of promotion for the brand in years, that has to be a positive thing.
Haven't seen that out east yet, but i imagine we will (they need to get Henrys on board more. we have other dealers (some good ones) but the one with the most reach is Henrys by a country mile
06-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Possible to take a pic of it an then post it here?

I also wouldn't mind in Pentax, the paper, or anyone else had a pdf of it.
06-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Haven't seen that out east yet, but i imagine we will (they need to get Henrys on board more. we have other dealers (some good ones) but the one with the most reach is Henrys by a country mile
You would think that they would have some (beware buzzword) synergy in your area. After all you have the Ricoh Coliseum in your back yard don't you?

06-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #5

We got it here in Vancouver this morning with the local paper. Very nicely done but would have been nice if they included the 645D and the upcoming K-30.
06-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
You would think that they would have some (beware buzzword) synergy in your area. After all you have the Ricoh Coliseum in your back yard don't you?
Right downtown, home of the less than stellar TFC (who like every other losing Toronto team still manage to have an absolutely rabid fan base)
New coach (again) we'll see how that goes
meanwhile i watch the euro, much better class of play
06-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carmic Quote
We got it here in Vancouver this morning with the local paper. Very nicely done but would have been nice if they included the 645D and the upcoming K-30.
I left the paper at home this AM maybe we got it too

06-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Foto Source - the Independant buying group was featuring K-01 as product of the month - emails and web presence.
06-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Foto Source - the Independant buying group was featuring K-01 as product of the month - emails and web presence.
isn't Carmen's( Prodigital) Fotosource ?
06-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
There should be a link to the flyer somewhere on line but I can't find it right now from work. I will check when I get home.
06-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
isn't Carmen's( Prodigital) Fotosource ?
Not sure... I just got the email and thought it was worth adding to this thread.
06-13-2012, 12:56 AM - 1 Like   #12
Forum Member

I saw a add in the paper as well and thought, "hey pentax and ricoh is really stepping up their game" and then i saw this... hold on to your socks.

sorry about the quality it was taken on a iphone (and rather quickly)
06-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Except it looks like they're recycling old advertisements/photos... cause I'm pretty sure that's a K10D/K20D.. heh
06-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Except it looks like they're recycling old advertisements/photos... cause I'm pretty sure that's a K10D/K20D.. heh
I looks like a bus shelter ad, those turn over pretty often, it's bloody odd to see old product in one. But then again our one big ad in toronto is a 30+ year old billboard that never changes
06-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #15
Inactive Account

odd that its an old camera! layout looks dated too.