Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #226
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
And you were pretty adamant that Ned is a liar.
I never was.
Stop making these silly allegations.

Another spanking.
I find your continued "punishments" rather disturbing.

I could refute your other claims as well, but it does not make sense to debate with someone who is not confined to the boundaries of logic.

06-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #227
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jmg257 Quote
Agree.

Don't agree. {the Robo Cop scene was pretty cool though! BTW - Ned IS a real person - so no need for quotes!}

Don't agree, and a Straw Man. The real ignorance is in thinking it disingenious to hold Ned responsible for what Ned does (hence the several analogies showing otherwise). {there are those quotes again - Ned lives!}

Though possibly helpful to some - analogies, legal proceedings and corporate law did not affect what are simply personal opinions at odds in this discussion.

And so an impass.

As for me - if someone thinks what Ned posted is untrue, they could have the balls to call him on it. But if someone feels doing so would be rude because it is not really Ned's (or is that "Ned's"??) fault, so be it!
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I never was.
Stop making these silly allegations.

I find your continued "punishments" rather disturbing.

I could refute your other claims as well, but it does not make sense to debate with someone who is not confined to the boundaries of logic.
Not an impasse. You lost. You have no logic when you assert that "corporation cannot speak, only their people can" which goes against 200 years of the common law in Western nations.

What next? Snap, Crackle, and Pop speak for Kellog's?!?!

I demonstrated where in the law it says the opposite of what you assert, yet you still assert it! These are not "personal opinions". They are discursive facts determined through legal and market adjudication.

You cannot build a logic pyramid based on factually incorrect statements which your posts are rife with. You simply do not understand, or choose not to for fear of having to admit you've been wrong in this discussion from your first post.

If you cannot get your facts straight, and then claim that personal "opinion" trumps, then you have admitted you lost.

Back to bed, disturbed as you are.
06-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #228

hopefully FA31 price can go down, hahah
06-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #229
Pentaxian

Back to bed, disturbed as you are.
Glad I got away without a spanking this time...

P.S.: You misquoted me. Hence your conclusions are worthless.

06-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #230
Pentaxian

He's still going on with that?
06-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #231
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
He's still going on with that?
And still confused. Confused about who posted what...
about who lied or didn't, or who attempted to make Ned (or "Ned"?) out to be a liar or didn't, or who blamed #Ned# or $Pentax$ or !Ricoh! or didn't, or who called ^Ned^ a criminal or didn't, or which perjured executives he spanked in bed or didn't, or whether "Crackle" writes his own blog, or wh...wait - what were we talking about?

Too much confusion, unverified & questionable "facts", & goofy opinion in this thread!

Back to watching movies...

Last edited by jmg257; 06-20-2012 at 07:05 AM.
06-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #232
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Yep. Not sure why that happened. Adorama never followed B&H in adopting the lower prices. Maybe B&H got some reprimand from Pentax and had to "get in line" with other retailers.
Consider the possibility that B&H had an overstock that they were "permitted" to liquidate by temporarily lowering their prices - a manual version of Amazon's computer-driven price changes (or the old version of what Amazon automated). Perhaps B&H has an order in the pipeline coincident with the K-30 introduction (or something else coming) and their projected inventory was too high.

One of the features of retail channel price management is the ability to work with a Dealer in this way.

As consumers we'll never know the answers. As price watchers we must have our own roadmaps and tactics and strike at opportunities as they arise. Unfortunately this destroys consumer loyalty to the individual Dealer, since we are all shopping on price-only again.

Wasn't consumer loyalty to dealer a stated objective of UPP?

Last edited by monochrome; 06-19-2012 at 09:58 AM.
06-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #233
Pentaxian

So true. It's been really challenging to buy brand-new. The used market, or importing grey market goods, is probably the way forward for the time being.
06-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #234

Photos: Albums
Just looked at Adoramo and B&H and prices are back up!!!!
Mike
06-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #235
Pentaxian

Why doesn't somebody just ask B&H what is going on?
06-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #236
Site Supporter

I've got an email off to them. Chuck is on vacation, so he said to email them. I'll post the response.
06-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #237
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by COULDBE2 Quote
Just looked at Adoramo and B&H and prices are back up!!!!
Mike
As already mentioned, Adorama never reduced prices to match BH. It appears that BH went rogue for a weak. Somebody owes Ned some cookies.
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #238

Looks like Amazon didn't get the memo - they are still at the lower prices - but their inventory is a bit low on some of the DA* lenses.
06-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #239
Site Supporter

I got a nice non-answer from B&H -

"Hello , my name is redacted: Thank you for contacting the E-Mail Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio. The price fluctuations reflects the fact that we are continually negotiating the best prices we can with Pentax and all of our vendors. While B&H tries to maintain the best legitimate price for the items it carries, photography equipment prices can fluctuate like anything else that is part of a broader market. So prices may rise or fall. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Thank you, we appreciate your business."
06-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #240
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is this price dropping thing all about getting brand visibility on website price watch changes (nextag, shopbot, etc.)?