Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2008, 06:03 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Jees...I think the K20 will be released before these photos finish downloading!
Here you have another mirror:

Pentax K20D: First pictures from Pentax K20d

:P

01-22-2008, 06:10 AM   #32

Another hidden picture

http://belfo.photo-forum.net/test/400iso.jpg
01-22-2008, 06:11 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Jees...I think the K20 will be released before these photos finish downloading!
The mirror given a couple posts later are way faster.
01-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by citi snap Quote
This one is bogus, doesn't have anything to do with K20D per discussion on DPreview. Disregard.

01-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
And they already complain about bandin in DPR, Geeeez those shall never change
These are all shot with pre-release versions with firmware 0.20 to 0.39. There will be many updates prior to the camera hitting the stores. There isn't even a profile for Adobe Raw available yet. The images I am shooting have to be manually adjusted to achieve the balance one would get with the included PEF or DNG K--D profile.

Ben
01-22-2008, 08:09 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
These are all shot with pre-release versions with firmware 0.20 to 0.39. There will be many updates prior to the camera hitting the stores. There isn't even a profile for Adobe Raw available yet. The images I am shooting have to be manually adjusted to achieve the balance one would get with the included PEF or DNG K--D profile.

Ben
For the record Ben.
Did you just confirm that these pictures found on the net are from the K..D?

Tim
01-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
For the record Ben.
Did you just confirm that these pictures found on the net are from the K..D?

Tim
There is no way to tell from any of them if they are and that last link with the three images looks like they are 100% crops of ISO1600, 3200, and 6400; but thats a huuuuuuuge guess cause I don't have what Ben has in his meaty paws right now.

Ben, you should have the Pentax conference at my house, I'll cook if you clean

01-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
There is no way to tell from any of them if they are and that last link with the three images looks like they are 100% crops of ISO1600, 3200, and 6400; but thats a huuuuuuuge guess cause I don't have what Ben has in his meaty paws right now.

Ben, you should have the Pentax conference at my house, I'll cook if you clean
From a techical point of view, I beleave you are right. But...
There is a low tech way to know... knowing the actual source of the pictures.

Thats why I asked Ben, who gave a strong hint in the quoted post.

Tim
01-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by citi snap Quote
This has nothing to do with K20D; this is an old photo comparing Canon Pro 1 vs Samsung 815 vs Panasonic FZ30 at ISO 400.
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Pisses Me Off

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
This has nothing to do with K20D; this is an old photo comparing Canon Pro 1 vs Samsung 815 vs Panasonic FZ30 at ISO 400.
Those appliance machine images are definately NOT from the K--D. Are you kidding? If those were the new Pentax K--D samples at 400 iso, I would jump ship immediately and buy a Casio. I will post some 400 iso images tomorrow night that will knock your socks off and those are not even the final release version. Remember, I am using the pre-release version 0.39.

I will post about 5 to 10 images maximum. I will NOT take requests as I am NOT a Beta tester. The images I will post are images that will not be nearly as good as the final version, in that there isn't a profile available for the K--D as yet.

Ben
01-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Tomorrow night? It is still Tuesday here. Have we had the date wrong the whole time?
01-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is all very interesting and I can't wait to see it, hold it, Put it through its passes.

This is what we know for now:
Much better IQ.
Much higher usable ISO at 3200, It will be intersting to see what the next step of ISO is most likely 6400.
Same SD card.
Same battery grip.
Better AF speed at least with the 35mm Macro.
Very quiet shutter.

Although it's not stated, If we get better AF speed then I would guess that we may see a slight increase in shutter FPs say maybe 5FPs.

Live view has been mentioned but that is give or take for me.

Better, larger screen was also mentioned and if it follows the same tendencies as Samsung it will be 2.7 in. Pixel rate?

More ergonomic, I guess that can be kind of subjective depending on hand size and range of motion.

What else have you been able capture from the people in the know?
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
This is all very interesting and I can't wait to see it, hold it, Put it through its passes.

This is what we know for now:
Much better IQ.
Much higher usable ISO at 3200, It will be intersting to see what the next step of ISO is most likely 6400.
Same SD card.
Same battery grip.
Better AF speed at least with the 35mm Macro.
Very quiet shutter.

Although it's not stated, If we get better AF speed then I would guess that we may see a slight increase in shutter FPs say maybe 5FPs.

Live view has been mentioned but that is give or take for me.

Better, larger screen was also mentioned and if it follows the same tendencies as Samsung it will be 2.7 in. Pixel rate?

More ergonomic, I guess that can be kind of subjective depending on hand size and range of motion.

What else have you been able capture from the people in the know?
That sound about right although Ben didn't say "better AF", he said "very fast AF" but since we don't know the kind of light he was shooting with, I wouldn't put it as being faster than K10 yet.

I can assure you that the FA135 focuses very fast with a K10 in good light.
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Just so you know, the aliasing on the lady's shoulder is not visible on a CRT monitor, probably won't be visible in prints either. Looks like some LCD glitch. As that is not the final medium I wouldn't worry even if that's not fixed by the finished firmware.
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #45
Inactive Account

Ok guys, you did well! 65GB of thruput in a bit over 24 hours. ( think the pics must have gotten linked somewhere else) but anyhow, i've taken down the mirror. If anyone wants the pictures, though i don't know why the real deal + exif will be out shortly and these will be surely forgotten. Just PM me and i'll send you a link if you want them.

ben, If, when you choose to host your samples i'd be happy to serve. My site is on the backbone of the internets, a server in a colo connected directly to the north american west coast pipeline at XO communications. I've got unlimited traffic and near unlimited bandwidth to spare.

and on a sidenote, while sitting at the server console, I've seen addresses connect to the images from no less than Samsung, Sony, Nikon and of course Pentax. I may have missed Canon's peek, but surely they visited. gotta love the internet.

Last edited by CoryV; 01-22-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: LOL just did a google search. 4 pages of forums linked to my mirror. nice job pentaxforums!