Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2012, 06:46 AM   #31
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
No offence meant but really... that is not a even a rumour.
Just wishful thinking. Why is this thread in rumour section?
I started in mirrorless section and it was moved overhere. The trick about rumors is that you never know where they come from and how much is there to believe. With this one, you know I started it and that Pentax can make it if they want to.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
I was wondering that. It's just talking about what some guy wants, it's not a rumour.
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Ron, did we really need yet another thread about a non-existant full frame Pentax?
Yes we do, because the FF isn't here yet to buy so we can still discuss all things we would like Pentax to do or not to do.

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
The K-01 IMHO really missed the boat. No EVF and no articulating screen,without those two I would not care if it was a medium format camera, How Pentax could make a mirror less without those two crucial features is beyond me.
That are important choices and wishes, I guess that make a difference for a lot off potential users. I have to say that I don't miss them, because I use also a K-5.

06-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
I'd be pretty surprised if someone who actually owned and used the K-01 thought most opinions of it on the internet were even remotely accurate.
We are drowned out, at least on PF. I guess I just don't care any more, other than that the tone of discourse on the Forum has been degraded compared to a few years ago.
06-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I started in mirrorless section and it was moved overhere. The trick about rumors is that you never know where they come from and how much is there to believe. With this one, you know I started it and that Pentax can make it if they want to.
Yep, I know which is why I didn't cite your name. I know you didn't put it here yourself.
IMO mirrorless section was better fit by a lot. Admin brain fart I guess...
06-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Yes we do, because the FF isn't here yet to buy so we can still discuss all things we would like Pentax to do or not to do.
Isn't that what the Dear Pentax thread is for?

06-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Imo, mirrorless will only be competetive with PDAF. I expect that next generation of Sony sensors will have it since the new canon 18mp have it.
Then the K-0x series will become the future k-mount cameras over time. Built-in EVF in the more expensive models (including FF models). It also means no more inferior AF due to inferior hardware, it all comes down to algorithms and processing power.
For example, Sonys SLT is just a shortcut to achieve this while sensor tech catches up as I see it.
06-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #36
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Isn't that what the Dear Pentax thread is for?
Well in the Dear Pentax thread one can also drop a note, but this is also in the stadium of discussing to how and what we maybe would like to have.

I guess the internet is big enough to discuss futures, wishes and dreams on new camera's that we maybe like. Everyone also has the right to ignore this discussion, since there is no must in reading or contributing.
06-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #37
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well in the Dear Pentax thread one can also drop a note, but this is also in the stadium of discussing to how and what we maybe would like to have.

I guess the internet is big enough to discuss futures, wishes and dreams on new camera's that we maybe like. Everyone also has the right to ignore this discussion, since there is no must in reading or contributing.
I think it is the title that placed this thread in the rumors section, though the content is definitely not a rumor, just wishful thinking about an interesting concept.

Steve

06-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Supernaut Quote
Imo, mirrorless will only be competetive with PDAF. I expect that next generation of Sony sensors will have it since the new canon 18mp have it.
Then the K-0x series will become the future k-mount cameras over time. Built-in EVF in the more expensive models (including FF models). It also means no more inferior AF due to inferior hardware, it all comes down to algorithms and processing power.
For example, Sonys SLT is just a shortcut to achieve this while sensor tech catches up as I see it.
If that happens, do you suppose anyone will appreciate Pentax's decision to retain the K-mount with the K-01?
06-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #39
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If that happens, do you suppose anyone will appreciate Pentax's decision to retain the K-mount with the K-01?
+1

I was wondering too how many people would adopt K-02 when it came with EVF, PDAF and a not so flimsy carddoor.
06-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yes, at least you
With my prediction I guess Pentax is stuck to its ~5% market share. If not Sony NEX, Sammy NX, Fuji gain too much market share with their new mounts that is. And if not C/N comes up with a nice mirrorless concept.

"My old collection of glass fits without adapter" will never attract new Pentax users.
06-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #41
ogl
Banned

The key specifications of the Pentax K-11 are:

•Sensor: 24.0 Megapixel CMOS (36x24mm)
•ISO Range: 100-25,600
•Autofocus: contrast-detect autofocus (CDAF) system
•Shutter: stepless, 30s-1/4000s rated for 100,000 actuations
•Framerate: 2,5 FPS at maximum resolution for jpg and 1FPS for 12-bit RAW until full card.
•Video: 1080p recording at 30/25/24 FPS, 720p recording at 60/50/30/25/24 FPS, VGA recording at 120/30FPS
•Image processor: single PRIME M
•Media: Single SDXC/SDHC/SD card
•All scenery modes will be available on this K-11.
•Body Color: Yellow, Black or White
It will fail. FF from Pentax will be more expensive and more featured.
06-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Pentax basically said that there would not be a FF mirrorless and that it was merely a concept. But who knows!
06-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #43
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Supernaut Quote
Yes, at least you
With my prediction I guess Pentax is stuck to its ~5% market share. If not Sony NEX, Sammy NX, Fuji gain too much market share with their new mounts that is. And if not C/N comes up with a nice mirrorless concept.

"My old collection of glass fits without adapter" will never attract new Pentax users.
Well the Nikon 1 series are definatly only for people who now only have a P&S or a phone, since they don't deliver on image quality for any serious photographer (hobbyist). At the time Fuji is not seriously into the bigger market. They make nice camera's for a small audience.

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It will fail. FF from Pentax will be more expensive and more featured.
Is there a market for a camera that is nothing more then a good old family snapshot camera like in the old days? Daddy pulls out the camera for the X-mass setting and other stuff. A basiccamera, but then with a Full Frame sensor (since we can afford it and uncle-whats-his-name doesn't have it).

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax basically said that there would not be a FF mirrorless and that it was merely a concept. But who knows!
Yeah, thats the spirit and so simple to make.
06-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Nikon 1 is a waste of time. The Sony RX100 has rendered them almost obsolete, unless 60fps is a priority.

"Mainstream" (ie. not Leica) FF mirrorless is just a matter of time. The Sony E mount has been designed to take a FF sensor. I'm not sure about the ergonomics with zooms though. If now they have cigarette packets with beer cans attached, they'll need to move to cigarette packets with thermos flasks attached to go FF.

FF mirrorless lends itself to small primes. No surprise to see where Leica are and Fuji are aiming. Pentax are leaders in small primes, so it would seem a natural goal.
06-17-2012, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #45
Veteran Member

I want a steam-powered motorcycle. If I stencil PENTAX on its side, can I ask about it here?
Closed Thread