Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Yes we do, because the FF isn't here yet to buy so we can still discuss all things we would like Pentax to do or not to do.
No you do. By all means discuss waht you like and yes it's good to chew over waht you'd like Pentax to make, but please don't start threads called 24 megapixel Full Frame K-11 coming? when it's not a rumour whatsoever.

Dunno what happened to the format of this post?

06-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #62
Inactive Account

It really is just a picture of the K-01 with an extra "1" photoshopped over the "0" - and we've got 3 pages of posts about it as if it were something real.

Meanwhile, Nikon is about to release the D600 and fill the sub-$2k FF niche Pentax should be after.
06-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Obviously fake. Not even Pentax would be so crazy as to release a FF in K-01 design

Either a FF SLR with some perk ("smallest FF SLR in the world") or a FF K-mount GXR module are much more feasible.

Actually, I wouldn't think twice if they offered a K-mount GXR paired with a good EVF.
06-18-2012, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
No you do. By all means discuss waht you like and yes it's good to chew over waht you'd like Pentax to make, but please don't start threads called 24 megapixel Full Frame K-11 coming? when it's not a rumour whatsoever.
Need some restructuring here. Separate NEWS from RUMORS. Have sub-forums: RUMORS WE JUST INVENTED and WILD-ASS FANTASIES. Better yet, put those under POLITICS & RELIGION. Fantasizing about cameras is a spiritual act, yes? P&R for them, then.

06-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #65
Pentaxian

Why do we need small(er) cameras? FF OK, but give me a decent hand grip to support even heavy lenses and some kind of electronic finder (the real challenge). Such a camera will be standard in 2-3 years time. At the moment it is called Leica M9 without an electornic finder...
06-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #66
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
What a disingenuous thread. This sub-forum is about Pentax News and Rumours, Not about Pentax wishes and dreamers
There was no other place to put this thread. Not news nor rumour but not fitting for any other subforum. Unless there is a substantial claim to FF fame being made, it is looking close to closure...
06-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #67
Banned

Original Poster
But then again, did anyone could imagine that Pentax would hire Marc Newson to design a camera that K-01 made? So there is always the option, that many people here wouldn't like a FF version, wouldn't buy one even, but still getting that option in the Pentax camera-line. On the other hand maybe Pentax wishes and dreamers are exclusivly for the Pentax R&D department and not for future customers

06-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #68

I wish I could hide threads. This one really does deserve to be deleted as it isn't fostering any sort of genuine discussion.

Threads like these are the reason why I left other photography forums.
06-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
RUMORS WE JUST INVENTED and WILD-ASS FANTASIES
Yes, I agree with this point.

Rumor ≠ Speculation
06-19-2012, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kryscendo Quote
Threads like these are the reason why I left other photography forums.
That's a shame, but I can see why. I think there's a way to stop threads notifying you if they have updates, but really this thread should be closed. It's not even logical speculation about what a future FF K-01 successor could be, it's just some guy fantasising about cameras and pretending it's a real rumour.

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Have sub-forums: RUMORS WE JUST INVENTED and WILD-ASS FANTASIES.
This. I'd like to contribute:

35mm f/1.2 DFA XS Lens to arrive in 2012? It could use ancient leprechaun wisdom and the enormous space inside the K-01 mirror box to house the lens ENTIRELY WITHIN THE BODY. It'd eject a weather resistant resin from the rear element that'd use nanotechnology to go throughout the camera and seal joints, providing lens-specific weather sealing. A special liquid metal barrel and Pentax's new composition detection algorithm could allow the lens to guide you to more appropriate positions for picture taking. Crushed dragon tongue oil would make for perfectly smooth focusing, even though you can't touch any part of the lens because it's actually a trans-dimensional super-being.

Price should be around $600, in a kit with the new K-11 for $1000. Personally, I can't wait. And it'll be bundled in a wooden box INSIDE a wooden box inside a leather box inside a nurse shark.
06-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #71
Banned

Original Poster
Someone did bring some vague rumour to my attention that is spreading around internet:

Mirrorless Rumors | Blog | Let's dream: Pentax 24 Megapixel Full Frame camera coming in march 2013?

If all threads overhere in the rumorsection where deleted that in the end where floating on air, then a hole lot of FF-threads where deleted, leaving us without dreams and hopes (I guess).

I still see a full frame mirrorless coming from Pentax in the future, even if it will look different then my first drawings.
06-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #72
Veteran Member

If all threads overhere in the rumorsection where deleted that in the end where floating on air, then a hole lot of FF-threads where deleted, leaving us without dreams and hopes (I guess).
No, you would still have your dreams and hopes, they just wouldn't be wasting bandwidth.
06-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Someone did bring some vague rumour to my attention that is spreading around internet:

Mirrorless Rumors | Blog | Let's dream: Pentax 24 Megapixel Full Frame camera coming in march 2013?
Posted two days after you started this thread. I'm surprised someone blogged about that, but then if you have your own blog then go for it.
06-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #74

Ron, I'm sorry but you aren't helping things and you are making Pentax look stupid. People are now posting your stupid ass mock up and thinking its a legit design concept and are saying stupid things in the comment section like "Pentax sure likes this Marc Newson guy to use his crappy design in their flagship."

If this is what goes for as acceptable on these forums, IE: Making up spec sheets and 'concept' art and passing them off as rumors or speculation, I might as well get in on the fun and design my own camera too. You know what, maybe the next photo competition could be "Who can make the best mock up of a Pentax FF."

Seriously.

EDIT: A quote from the blog you linked to, you trifling ass.
QuoteQuote:
A Mark Newson fullframe Pentax is not a dream, its a nightmare. Hope Pentax hires the designer of Olympus OM-D E-M5 for this job.
06-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #75
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
Originally posted by Mareket

...pretending it's a real rumour.
Huh???

QuoteOriginally posted by Kryscendo Quote
Ron, I'm sorry but you aren't helping things and you are making Pentax look stupid. People are now posting your stupid ass mock up and thinking its a legit design concept and are saying stupid things in the comment section like "Pentax sure likes this Marc Newson guy to use his crappy design in their flagship."
Ahh - so then these ARE legit rumours...now?!

I know, I know...

Last edited by jmg257; 06-19-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Closed Thread