Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2008, 03:33 AM   #16
Forum Member

That's why this photos are not very super.... It is just the camera where is made with. With my K100D and one of my limited lenses I will get better results.. for sure!

01-23-2008, 03:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
I find it completely ridiculous that promotion shots have been shot with camera from Canon.

For god sake Pentax/Samsung just use Pentax K10d with 31mm and 77mm if you dont have k20d working prototype.... Or at least delete EXIF info
Because they have a contract wit h a guy to take the shots: it is quite obvious.

Now, they could have deleted the Exif, I agree.
01-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Now I know why the publicity photos have a plastic look to them. The model looks completely artificial. This is typical for Canon.
01-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #19

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Does that make sense to anyone?

If it does, then I would like the samples for the K20D to be taken with a D3 if possible... thanks in advance!

I mean the K10D product publicity shots were done by a Canon.

01-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Because they have a contract wit h a guy to take the shots: it is quite obvious.

Now, they could have deleted the Exif, I agree.
I still dont agree. If it was car or coffee maker then fine but because they are in Photo business and they sell Photo product they just cant use other make!!! It's like selling Ferrari but Director is driving Porsche. Is that normal? No
01-23-2008, 05:38 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I find it completely ridiculous that promotion shots have been shot with camera from Canon.

For god sake Pentax/Samsung just use Pentax K10d with 31mm and 77mm if you dont have k20d working prototype.... Or at least delete EXIF info
I dont think that Samsung have many professional photographers to hand that use their equipment. I dont think its as straight forward as asking someone in the office to take some pictures. I would expect Pentax to do their own publicity shoots though.
01-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Well,,,

"If it was car or coffee maker then fine but because they are in Photo business and they sell Photo product they just cant use other make!!! It's like selling Ferrari but Director is driving Porsche. Is that normal? No."

Who's to say Pentax and Samsung execs don't use Canon or Nikon cameras? They likely can afford them.
01-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
I dont think that Samsung have many professional photographers to hand that use their equipment. I dont think its as straight forward as asking someone in the office to take some pictures. I would expect Pentax to do their own publicity shoots though.
I've mentioned this before in terms of the logic of Pentax making sure they use Ben (or someone else known to use Pentax) for the brochure/promo shots since Pentax (Hoya) ultimately pays the ad agencies.

The comment was basically ignored by Ben, but the gist seems to be that no matter what, the two parts of Pentax - camera sponsoring and company advertising absolutely don't ever meet, nor can even possibly ever meet.

Smart idea not to just ignore, now with EXIF, though.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/17442-bit-expo-news-po...tml#post151612

01-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Katsura Quote
I mean the K10D product publicity shots were done by a Canon.
I know! just kiddin'
01-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #25

I think Pentax deliberately have this shot with a Canon with the exif left intact, just to remind everybody how boring Canon texture look
01-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #26
Veteran Member

..The real kicker is from the posted samples so far of the new sensor, Pentax is edging towards the Canon "look"...
01-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Why all the girls in the pictures? Photography is a male dominated world, and seeing a girl holding a camera right above her chest makes me think "You're doing it wrong!"
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Why all the girls in the pictures? Photography is a male dominated world, and seeing a girl holding a camera right above her chest makes me think "You're doing it wrong!"
Sex sells. Higher-end photography is a male-dominated hobby.
01-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mawz Quote
Sex sells. Higher-end photography is a male-dominated hobby.
Sex sells only to those of lower intelligence, unfortunately. Or maybe I'm too much of a snob to be affected.
01-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #30
Veteran Member

I still dont agree. If it was car or coffee maker then fine but because they are in Photo business and they sell Photo product they just cant use other make!!! It's like selling Ferrari but Director is driving Porsche. Is that normal? No
Such a hypothesis is highly far-fetched. Heck, I'd go with a Porsche any time of day.

</OT>