Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 6
GX-20 News on Korean Newspaper







Hi Guys.

There was an article posted on one Korean newspaper (it seems this info is from samsung's press release because I found the same news on the other online sites). The article was very simple. Here is my summary. BTW, if you know Korean or have the translation tool, then visit Here

- ISO 6400 (Not 3200)
- Has X-Sync for External Flash
- HDR, which is similar to Dynamic Range Optimization function in other brands.
- Pentax-designed and Samsung-produced 14.6 MP CMOS censor
- 2.7 inch LCD with Live View
- Hit the market on March

It seems to me GX-20 is virtually identical to K20D.

Cheers!


Last edited by Tobogi; 01-22-2008 at 09:49 PM.
01-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
Thanks! Good find.
01-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Auckland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 452
I wonder if theres gonna be a price differential like the k10 and gx10....should be interesting seeing as asia is such a large market and Samsung are a very well respected and popular brand....sounds like their deploying the divide and conquer routine on the East and West markets lol.

Last edited by Kaimarx; 01-22-2008 at 09:38 PM.
01-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
KFrog's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 294
Looks like we have a winner!

01-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 736
I'll buy a Samsung if She comes with it
LOL
01-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member
clawhammer's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Logan, Utah
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 976
I think you must have triggered a search engine success with this one- 333 viewing this forum!
01-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Collinsville, Ok.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 218
Do we know the FPS yet?
01-22-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
I wonder if theres gonna be a price differential like the k10 and gx10....should be interesting seeing as asia is such a large market and Samsung are a very well respected and popular brand....sounds like their deploying the divide and conquer routine on the East and West markets lol.
Depends on the market. Expect better pricing and availability on the GX-20 in the EU, particularly the UK and better pricing and availability on the K20D in North America, which is the pattern we've seen since the GX-1's.

01-23-2008, 12:46 AM   #9
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,254
Russian Pentax dealer put specification of K20D.
maybe, it's not final, but it's old K10D with new sensor, LV, 2.7" LCD and dust alert system.
Old Safox, old shutter speed.

PENTAR: PENTAX K20D
01-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 313
Well they thought seriously enough of Samsung/Pentax cameras to take the promo shot with a Canon 5D...





http://imgnews.naver.com/image/moneytoday/2008/01/23/2008012310263453215_1.jpg
Exif IFD0

* Camera Make = Canon
* Camera Model = Canon EOS 5D
* Picture Orientation = normal (1)
* X-Resolution = 72/1 = 72.00
* Y-Resolution = 72/1 = 72.00
* X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
* Software/Firmware Version = andoWKS15
* Last Modified Date/Time = 2008:01:10 10:40:39
* Time Zone Offset = 9,9

Exif Sub IFD

* Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/30 second = 0.03333 second
* Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 56/10 = F5.60
* Exposure Program = manual control (1)
* ISO Speed Ratings = 100
* Original Date/Time = 2008:01:04 14:28:27
* Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 4906891/1000000
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/30.00 second
* Aperture Value (APEX) = 4970854/1000000
Aperture = F5.60
* Exposure Bias (EV) = 0/1 = 0.00
* Max Aperture Value (APEX) = 3/1 = 3.00
Max Aperture = F2.83
* Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment (5)
* Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
* Focal Length = 70/1 mm = 70.00 mm
* Colour Space = 65535
* Image Width = 1291913668 pixels
* Image Height = -201257306 pixels

Exif IFD1

* Compression = JPEG compression (6)
* X-Resolution = 72/1 = 72.00
* Y-Resolution = 72/1 = 72.00
* X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
* Embedded thumbnail image:
01-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 602
QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
I'll buy a Samsung if She comes with it
LOL
As long as you pay the right money, she will.
01-23-2008, 01:44 AM   #12
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
Well they thought seriously enough of Samsung/Pentax cameras to take the promo shot with a Canon 5D...





http://imgnews.naver.com/image/moneytoday/2008/01/23/2008012310263453215_1.jpg
Exif IFD0

* Camera Make = Canon
* Camera Model = Canon EOS 5D
* Picture Orientation = normal (1)
* X-Resolution = 72/1 = 72.00
* Y-Resolution = 72/1 = 72.00
* X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
* Software/Firmware Version = andoWKS15
* Last Modified Date/Time = 2008:01:10 10:40:39
* Time Zone Offset = 9,9

Exif Sub IFD

* Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/30 second = 0.03333 second
* Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 56/10 = F5.60
* Exposure Program = manual control (1)
* ISO Speed Ratings = 100
* Original Date/Time = 2008:01:04 14:28:27
* Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 4906891/1000000
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/30.00 second
* Aperture Value (APEX) = 4970854/1000000
Aperture = F5.60
* Exposure Bias (EV) = 0/1 = 0.00
* Max Aperture Value (APEX) = 3/1 = 3.00
Max Aperture = F2.83
* Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment (5)
* Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
* Focal Length = 70/1 mm = 70.00 mm
* Colour Space = 65535
* Image Width = 1291913668 pixels
* Image Height = -201257306 pixels

Exif IFD1

* Compression = JPEG compression (6)
* X-Resolution = 72/1 = 72.00
* Y-Resolution = 72/1 = 72.00
* X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
* Embedded thumbnail image:
Ah! That explains why they didn't have any money left to buy her a decent hat!...
01-23-2008, 03:12 AM   #13
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Noosa, Queesnland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 199
It's quite normal, they hire external companies to do these publicity shots, and most of them use C&N.

The same happened for K10D publicity shots. I remember k10D samples were taken by a Canon too.
01-23-2008, 03:23 AM   #14
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by Katsura Quote
I remember k10D samples were taken by a Canon too.
Does that make sense to anyone?


If it does, then I would like the samples for the K20D to be taken with a D3 if possible... thanks in advance!
01-23-2008, 03:30 AM   #15
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 123
I find it completely ridiculous that promotion shots have been shot with camera from Canon.

For god sake Pentax/Samsung just use Pentax K10d with 31mm and 77mm if you dont have k20d working prototype.... Or at least delete EXIF info
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
article, gx-20, newspaper, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Machinery More Korean Military Aircraft (10 Pics) 68wSteve Post Your Photos! 0 10-09-2009 06:07 PM
Machinery Korean F-16 w/ DA*300 68wSteve Post Your Photos! 4 10-08-2009 01:46 PM
My Korean Niece 68wSteve Post Your Photos! 3 09-14-2009 08:21 AM
Flamewar/News not involving Pentax/Completely Unbased Speculation/Not News Forum nixcamic Site Suggestions and Help 8 12-18-2008 05:56 AM
Newspaper article on my exhibit [350KB]... and more good news... 8-) Marc Langille Photographic Technique 0 02-25-2007 11:13 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top