Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2008, 05:33 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
They are not correct...The JPEG's are 50-60 percent larger than the compression used on the K10D. ISO is higher than stated, AF is faster and more accurate...Can't go further as yet.

Ben
That's good news, jpgs of 8.5-10Mb are not only due to the increased pixel count, but also to a lower compression rate of the jpgs, which is excellent for the IQ.

So the IQ gain from JPG to RAW might not be as big in the K..D as it is on the K10D which compressed the jpgs too heavily.

01-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #17

Maybe they took K10d page and copy/paste some data...it' basic webmaster psycology

Regarding AF, to me they could ship with an SDM kit lens to at least optimize it to the max: then 11 points are on par with E3, A700, D60 and 2 more than 450D.

I won't call it a bad AF system...good ol' SAFOX
01-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #18

That was just a page that was placed online to attract more hits. Nothing more. Pentar has very poor connections to the Pentax itself. I tried to ask them about some thing regarding Pentax DSLRs and most of their answers started with "as stated in official pentax's user's manual...". I mean hey, an official representative SHOULD know a little more then stated in the manuals, right?
And their OVERHELMING prices kinda prove that they don't have direct connection to Pentax. Rather crappy distributor, I'd never trust their posts made that early.