Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
Not that I read German, but it seems the focusing is the same phase matching as K10D, not the rumored contrast detection.
That's a good thing, no ? Contrast-detection AF is slooooooooow compared to phase-detection. On the other hand, it probably means no AF during live-view & 20 fps burst mode.

01-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mostly literal from translator:
• 14,6 MP CMOS –Sensor • Shake Reduction with up to 4 exposure steps with opto-magnetic 3D-Sensor • Dust Alert • Pixelmapping • 14 Bit Analog • Dynamic Range Enlargement • Live View Monitor • Digital Preview • Histogram in Single canals(literal ?) • Pentaprism • Shake Reduction 4 LW • 16 Point Exposure measurement • 11 Point Distance Measurement- 9 Cross sensors and individual AF Adaptation • Sensitivity ISO 100-6400 • Custom Image with 4 Color Profiles • Pentax KAF2 -lens bayonet • Freely more adjustable White adjustment Exposure row function (literal?) • File formats: JPeg in 4 Levels, RAW Files in PEF or DNG Format, RAW + JPEG • Individual file names • Timed Exposure • X-Synchronic contact for flash • 3-layered sensor cleaning system • 2,7“ Monitor-Real time view, Optical and Digital preview • Text size vergrößerbar auf 150% • 4 Exposure programs (Normal, High Speed, Depth, MTF) • Bracketing through a trigger pressure (?)• Programmable Setting dials • Wireless Flash control • Housing sealings against moisture and dust • JPEG without Limitation– bits 16 RAW in Folge • fast 3 Pictures per second – Burst Mode with 20 Pictures per second • Exposure row for white adjustment, Color saturation, Shade, Contrast, Sharpeness • Water and Dust resistant

Sorry if it's bad.

Last edited by mysterick; 01-23-2008 at 11:13 AM.
01-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
That's a good thing, no ? Contrast-detection AF is slooooooooow compared to phase-detection. On the other hand, it probably means no AF during live-view & 20 fps burst mode.
I wasn't commenting on it being good or bad, just an observation.
01-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
Histogram in Single canals(literal ?).
They have a picture of the separate RGB channel in-camera histograms.

01-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Will it be able to achieve a high burst speed by not having to flip the mirror and close the shutter, and instead just display what the sensor captures via Live Mode unto your screen or viewfinder?
01-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by shefaet Quote
YES!

Only 1.6 MP JPGs, it seems, but YES!
Where did you get that info? I found the "burst" but didn't see a limited resolution mentioned??
(I liked the quote "Für die PENTAX Entwickler hatte die Aufgabe Priorität, wie man Fotos von besonderer
Qualität realisiert. Nicht die Frage, wie man schnell besonders viele Fotos macht."

freely translated:

"for Pentax engineers it was a priority to find out how to make exceptionally good (high quality) photos, not how to quickly make exceptionally many"

Still, 20fps is wow.
01-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #37
Inactive Account

Here's another tidbit from the K20 Catalog. It has a intervalometer. Something i've not heard about for a while, but was one of my first requests.
01-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fishy Quote
Where did you get that info? I found the "burst" but didn't see a limited resolution mentioned??
(I liked the quote "Für die PENTAX Entwickler hatte die Aufgabe Priorität, wie man Fotos von besonderer
Qualität realisiert. Nicht die Frage, wie man schnell besonders viele Fotos macht."

freely translated:

"for Pentax engineers it was a priority to find out how to make exceptionally good (high quality) photos, not how to quickly make exceptionally many"

Still, 20fps is wow.

The German: Einzelbildaufnahme, Serienaufnahme (low und high), Burst (bis 20B/Sek.),
Selbstauslöser (12 Sek., 2 Sek.), Automatik, Fernbedienung (0 Sek., 3 Sek.,
Dauerlauf), Mehrfachbelichtung (bis zu 2,8 B/Sek.), Auto-Bracket, Extended-
Bracket, Sequenz: bis Maximum der Speicherkapazität (JPEG), max. 38
Frames (JPEG), max.16 Frames (RAW-DNG), max. 115 Frames (Burst mit
1,6M *** JPEG)

The Google English: Individual image acquisition, serial intake (low and high), burst (up 20B/Sek.)
Self-timer (12 sec, 2 sec), automatic, remote control (0 sec, 3 sec,
Endurance), multiple exposure (up to 2.8 W / sec.), Auto Bracket, Extended
Bracket, sequence: up to the maximum storage capacity (JPEG), max. 38
Frames (JPEG), max.16 frames (RAW DNG), max. 115 frames (with Burst
1.6 M *** JPEG)

01-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #39
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Please hold back any bashings of the camera until Pentax announces it and you get a full review of the camera including my personal feelings on its shortcomings and achievements.
Amen to that... Or how 'bout people wait to a) try it in depth themselves and not just 'handle it for moments' or b) read several reviews from people they respect (in addition to you Chris of course ) online and/or in paper.
01-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
...max. 115 frames (with Burst
1.6 M *** JPEG)[/b]
ah, darn.. Been reading too fast then.. Thanks for the pointer.
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #41

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
The German: max. 115 frames (with Burst
1.6 M *** JPEG)
Hmm, that's a little ambivalent. It could indicate 1.6MP only for burst mode or that the max burst buffer of 115 frames is only at 1.6MP resolution and you can burst for shorter amounts with larger resolution images. If this is the case, and I can get 14MP bursts up to the 38 JPEG buffer, burst mode suddenly becomes seriously useful.
01-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #42
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
Now that the German catalogue is out, I hope we will get the English version quickly.
It seems to have been pulled... :ugh:

edit: never mind, I just saw the post for the mirror.
01-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #43
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Looking forward to the report Chris. I think I have a buyer lined up for that spare kidney!
01-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by CoryV Quote
Here's another tidbit from the K20 Catalog. It has a intervalometer. Something i've not heard about for a while, but was one of my first requests.
Really nice addition, especially since it requires a $200 widget to get with Nikon and Canon, and one that is only compatible with the higher-end bodies. Big win for night shooters, especially if you can set shutter speeds longer than 30 seconds via the intervalometer.
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #45

Is this 1.6 mb resolution or size of the jpeg file?
Closed Thread