Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K20D somewhat official reactions and news

Hello everyone!

As we all know my NDA ends once Pentax officially announces the camera and I have been working on a painstakingly long project for everyone here.

I have a few thousand words written about the K20D, it's features, and my personal views on the camera itself. I will post this here first and then to my blog shortly after. I would like to keep most of the discussion about the camera in one place which is why I'm making this thread in order to answer your questions along with anyone one else who was under NDA.

You may have read many posts about specs and they seem mixed, but from what I know all of those only show part of the picture and some are very wrong. Please hold back any bashings of the camera until Pentax announces it and you get a full review of the camera including my personal feelings on its shortcomings and achievements.

The time to wait is almost over so stay tuned and I'll try and be here as much as possible and I know Ben has pictures to share with everyone and hopefully I can snag more people under NDA to stop by this thread to keep the forum a little cleaner.

01-23-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cool. Looking forward to it.

PS: Your plan for forum organization will fail horribly, but noble effort.
01-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Hello everyone!
As we all know my NDA ends once Pentax officially announces the camera and I have been working on a painstakingly long project for everyone here.
Thanks Chris.

I look forward to the anti-climax that some time during the day Pentax officially annnounces the official announcement has been postponed; and we all have to wait a few more days
01-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
PS: Your plan for forum organization will fail horribly, but noble effort.
LOL! I was thinking the same...

For a moment I had the temptation to start another thread for the exact same purpose just to be naughty... but I won't!

01-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
LOL! I was thinking the same...

For a moment I had the temptation to start another thread for the exact same purpose just to be naughty... but I won't!
Hmm... well I may just see if Mo wants to sticky this one so it always stays on top! That would help a little I suppose right?

I'm going back to check my english and write a few thousand more words on the camera. BRB
01-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Looking forward to your report.

You may have read many posts about specs and they seem mixed, but from what I know all of those only show part of the picture and some are very wrong.
While it looks like a nice upgrade, but I haven't seen any "da bomb" features or "secret weapons" that has been hyped. If there is any, it would for sure be listed in the Japanese brochure feature list. I certainly want to know which were considered "bomb" features.
01-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote

While it looks like a nice upgrade, but I haven't seen any "da bomb" features or "secret weapons" that has been hyped. If there is any, it would for sure be listed in the Japanese brochure feature list. I certainly want to know which were considered "bomb" features.
I'll try and make it more clear in the report. I believe those brochures are just a breif discussion because Pentax is still finalizing a lot of things in this camera.

01-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #8

Chris:

It would be great if you or someone who gets to handle the camera could also let us know about the viewfinder. I love the one on the K10D and am hoping the K20D doesn't trade off any of the size or brightness in the process of incorporating live view.

Thanks.

Mark
01-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
Veteran Member

While it looks like a nice upgrade, but I haven't seen any "da bomb" features or "secret weapons" that has been hyped.
I think "da bomb" is it's going to cost around $1200 but produces iq that rivals N&C's $3000 gear, going by Chris's descriptions of the pics he has seen.
01-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #10
Forum Member

Press releases are on pentax.de now (Downloads - Digitalkameras, Fotografie und Ferngläser - PENTAX Europe GmbH)

Does that mean you're good to go?
01-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #11

I totally agree, if this turns out to be K10D with a 14.6MP sensor & evolutionary updates to AF & ISO noise it will be a disappointment. I guess that's the problem with Rumor's threads, it's easy to get the camera so built up that anything is disappointing.
01-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by markpsf Quote
Chris:

It would be great if you or someone who gets to handle the camera could also let us know about the viewfinder. I love the one on the K10D and am hoping the K20D doesn't trade off any of the size or brightness in the process of incorporating live view.

Thanks.

Mark
I too have handled the camera in case anyone didn't know!
01-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #13

I too have handled the camera in case anyone didn't know!
Well looking forward to your "hit" re the viewfinder. Live View without an articulated LCD screen, which this apparently won't have, is of somewhat limited use.

Mark
01-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #14

Is that a "Burst Mode" with 20fps in the German press release?
01-23-2008, 10:05 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shefaet Quote
Is that a "Burst Mode" with 20fps in the German press release?
Yes

Wow, who would have guessed right
Closed Thread