Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #1

Viewfinder Size and Brightness of K20D

I'm sure we'll get the word on this once the official info release takes place, but I want to be sure that in all the hoopla about other features we get a full user report on the viewfinder. I like the one on the K10D a lot and, although I don't know much about Live View technology, I want to be sure that there hasn't been any tradeoff of viewfinder image size and brightness.

Mark

01-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
The German press release says 95% view pentaprism.
01-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I asked Ben in his thread where he offered to answer questions, but it went unanswered; it might 'imply' the existence of something that hasn't been officially announced if answered... I wouldn't 'aks' again.

What I want to know in this regard is whether that HUD-like in-viewfinder live-view, or histogram, or shot review, or whathaveyou element the light passes through that we see in the patent, will degrade the brightness of the viewfinder... Well, less then 24-hours now, so not worth speculating I imagine.
01-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
What I want to know in this regard is whether that HUD-like in-viewfinder live-view, or histogram, or shot review, or whathaveyou element the light passes through that we see in the patent, will degrade the brightness of the viewfinder...
Actually, there isn't any Live View in the viewfinder.

01-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
...it is a 'live view' as is after all, isn't it...? silly of me to say that. Really it's the idea of HUD-like display of Histogram and shot review. A) I'm assuming that's coming (didn't see it in the translations from german tho), and B) if so, what I asked before.
01-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
...it is a 'live view' as is after all, isn't it...? silly of me to say that. Really it's the idea of HUD-like display of Histogram and shot review. A) I'm assuming that's coming (didn't see it in the translations from german tho), and B) if so, what I asked before.
Generalizing like that, we could say that the MZ(ZX)-5N, and indeed, most other modern film SLRs have live view, since you can clearly read the shutter speed/aperture LIVE, while looking through the viewfinder.