Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great Job as usual Chris. Thanks for taking the time.

01-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A need to know...

Can the burst mode be adjusted so that you get a capture rate of, say 8FPS at 7MP, or is it 20FPS or 3(can't believe that)?

This could be a dealbreaker for many, including me.
01-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
Anyone seen an English version of that PDF brochure?
Email sent with it attached!
01-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #19

I'm sure everybody has seen this by now, but I'll post it anyways.

Pentax Imaging: K20D - Digital SLR - Digital - Cameras by Pentax

01-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by lost Quote
Wow, body only and $1299!?! More than I can do right now, so I may have to look at something else...Maybe I will wait for the K200, but I sure wanted to buy something sooner...
Yeah if it had been in the 999 range it may have been doable. I just don't see how they will compete against the 2 big ones unless they get in the big box stores and have sales people pushing them. I am sold on Pentax i just think it will be hard for Pentax to sale themselves to the masses. Too many brand loyal people out there, well I should not even call them that they are like sheep...they just follow.
01-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Can the burst mode be adjusted so that you get a capture rate of, say 8FPS at 7MP, or is it 20FPS or 3(can't believe that)?

This could be a dealbreaker for many, including me.
Currently the burst mode cannot be changed, but you never know what they could come up with for a firmware upgrade! I myself am one of those that this could be a deal breaker, but the enhanced focus mode could provide better capture at 3FPS.
01-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Thank you for the essay. I am sad to hear that it is still 3fps but all of the other features sounds really good. I can't wait to get my hands on the camera.

I think one of the best thing about the K20D is the ablity to cablibrate the LCD screen on the camera. The color on my K100D is very OFF compared to my monitor. I think this will be a very useful feature for me.

Even though this camera is more then what I need and is a BIG improvement over my K100D, I think I will get it when it first comes out. I know you noticed the price for the body is $1299, is that MSRP price or is that street price? We all know street price is different from MSRP. I hope the street price will be at least $100 cheaper by summer.

Thanks again.

01-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pentax is going to be very firm on pricing this time around. From what I have been told in the US there most likely will not be a rebate program this year on the bodies. We shall have to wait and see.
01-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #24
Veteran Member

THANK YOU, Chris. Well done. I've been thinking about ordering a Nikon D300. I'm glad I waited. Not sure that the K20D will really be better than the D300, but it looks like it will be competitive and that's good enough. (And if it actually is better, well, that's even better!)

When will it be available for purchase?

Will
01-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
THANK YOU, Chris. Well done. I've been thinking about ordering a Nikon D300. I'm glad I waited. Not sure that the K20D will really be better than the D300, but it looks like it will be competitive and that's good enough. (And if it actually is better, well, that's even better!)

When will it be available for purchase?

Will
Pentax says beginning of March, but supplies will be scarce as they feel demand will be high!
01-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #26

I have yet to find an MSRP on the 200. Any ideas or nothing official yet since the hype is all about the 20?
01-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #27
Forum Member

Thank you Chris - such a pity that they could not do the Autofocus at the same time - it would have been an incredible camera if this had been done.

Still, it is going to be very interesting to see how it sells to the 'Soccer mums' who will be printing 6x4's and grizzling about the fuzzy ones??

I suspect it will be close to a no brainer for DA* lens owners. But, not so much for those with kit lenses where the sensor probably out-resolves the glass. And many general purchasers, as you would well know, do not suffer from LBA

Rod

Rod
01-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Pentax is going to be very firm on pricing this time around. From what I have been told in the US there most likely will not be a rebate program this year on the bodies. We shall have to wait and see.
I know there won't be any rebates on the body anytime soon, what I meant was the street price in the store like bhphoto. Usually they sell it for a few $$ cheaper then MSRP, like $50 cheaper or so.
01-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Pentax says beginning of March, but supplies will be scarce as they feel demand will be high!
Was afraid of that. I have an event scheduled in mid-March that I would really like to have this camera for! Well, I'll see where I can place an order. Perhaps I can be the first person on my block to get one. Otherwise I'll just have to make do with this old piece of crap K10D. ;-)

Will
01-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SuperAkuma Quote
I know there won't be any rebates on the body anytime soon, what I meant was the street price in the store like bhphoto. Usually they sell it for a few $$ cheaper then MSRP, like $50 cheaper or so.
I suppose it is up to the retailer but these number are MAP or minimum advertised prices so stores can always change it. Our store will have them for whatever Pentax tells us to sell them for and I also have to pay full price when they become available.