Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What would you like to see in the final release of the K20D
Leave it at 20 fps in 1.6Mp mode 105.15%
Being able to adjust it between 20fps and 3 fps with a corresponding file increase 15881.44%
Disable this, its a useless gimmick 3115.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2008, 09:17 AM   #46

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
With the GX-20, continuous shooting at 3 fps (frames per second) is possible; up to 9 fps; giving the user the best chance to get a great picture.
- from dpreview (Samsung GX-20: Digital Photography Review)

01-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Walter-

it looks like that's a typo or error in the text. Should read 3FPS up to 9 frames (total) according to the specs, unfortunately.
01-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
okay... you COULD have had 6fps.. or 8, or maybe even 10

only you probably would have waited another 6 months or more for the development of said technology, and probably pay a ton more money.

during which time Canon and Nikon will step ahead of the game and deploy their brand new cameras, and then the K20D will no longer look like a good deal, and people like you, will once again complain that Pentax somehow lagged behind or "played catch up".

Pentax made a huge improvement in the most important device to any modern digital camera... THE DIGITAL ****ING SENSOR, the one thing that answers directly to image quality.

not to mention all the other great features that our cameras come with.

demanding more from Pentax shows a clear sign that you dont understand how research and development efforts work, the definition of time, demand, and supply constraints, and invisible corporate structure and marketing efforts needed to maintain a certain position in the world of digital photography.

and if YOU dont like it, go off and design your own camera and see how well you do.
ROFLMAO!!!

And this shows you're too busy defending Pentax to have actually read what I said (in spite of the fact you quoted me).

I don't pretend to understand how pentax designs, markets, develops or supplies their cameras. I use them. And as a consumer with a bias towards Pentax gear on a forum with many other people who have the same bias, I have opinions about what I'd like. You may disagree, but by stating that what I (and others like me) would like is 'silly', you show a complete lack of respect.

Can I settle with 3fps? I've managed so far. Do I want 8 or 10 fps? No. I'd like 5 or 6 and I've been consistant in that "demand" for a fairly long time. Much like the other examples I brought up, I'm sure Pentax will get there (which I said earlier - and you quoted me on it too). Might not be for another year, but they will eventually have that. And for that camera (along with the sensor, etc) I'll part with more money for it than I would the k20d - gladly.

Also, nowhere in my reply to you did I say Pentax hasn't included some amazing features in the k20d. And I don't understand why you feel the need to bring them up (ie, champion the sensor) when I haven't said anything against it. I've expressed my opinion on one aspect of the K20D based on what I wanted. I have neither condemned the camera on whole nor written it off. I also haven't trashed Pentax in any way, shape or form.
01-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #49
Veteran Member

i simply dont understand how you people can be so vocally disappointed at the upcomming K20D

someone in another thread called me a money bags because i wont have a problem paying the 1200 or 1400 that the camera will cost, but i calculate my spending in terms of relative cost

and i'm paying much less for technology that is right up there, it really is a steal in my eyes.

is the K20D a super tool? NO

Pentax doesnt want to enter the PROFESSIONAL market segment yet, they never marketed their cameras as professional tools, yet it seems many pentax users somehow wish to ignore that little tid bit and demand (or as it seems the word demand is not favored here, let me use the phrase "would very much like") that their cameras be of the professional caliber.

i'm very happy with what the K20D will be, how the rest of you are not or can find the time and effort to constantly complain about it, i dont know, i think its silly.

then again we are all different...

so go ahead, hate away, i'll be outside, taking pictures.

01-28-2008, 11:22 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Very interesting

Those interested in this poll should check out this other poll:THEONLINEPHOTOGRAPHER.COM
Found this quote funny:

Now I'm waiting for the subject, not the camera!
But most of the shots are now deleted almost immediately upon first seeing. Maybe I will get the battery pack that makes the camera even faster so I can delete even more photos!