Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #46
Veteran Member

I don't think a K10D Super with only 8mp would be a good idea. why reduce the pixels?

I will probably go for the K20D but in about 8 months when the price comes down. This will mean my K10D becomes backup.

The DS however I will keep, due to its small size and ideal for being discreet. (its the same size as my Fuji S6500 I might add)

However if the K200D is the same size as the DS.....Oh this is getting complicated. LOL

01-30-2008, 01:30 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Originally Posted by christinelandon
The Pentax Webstore still shows both K100D Super and K10D in stock with shipping within one day, so there are still stocks on the shelves for now. Also, the Pentax Imaging website shows four camera models now, the K100D Super, K10D, K200D and K20D. For what it's worth...

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Two different people on this forum that work at camera stores have disputed that. Both the K10D and the K100D Super are not available. B & H has been showing the K100D Super with kit lens out of stock for over a week. Adorama is out of it with and without the kit lens. Buydig and Beach don't even list them on the web site any more. That takes care of the 4 top web sites and B & H has raised the price of the K100D Super without the kit lens to $519.95.
I just checked both B&H and Adorama (Jan 30th early A.M.); both show the K10D in stock and the K100D Super out of stock. Adorama has a note remarking that it is temporarily out of stock on the K100D Super but is taking orders and will ship cameras as they come available.

For how long the current models will remain available, your guess is as good as mine. If you want a new one, ordering sooner rather than later would seem prudent. But I don't think there's going to be a significant "gap" with no camera bodies available. Again, for what it's worth...