Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #1

No camera, no opinions

I hope most of the rational members out there will refrain from passing judgement on the K20D unless he or she has actually handled the new camera body. I'll admit I've been a little caught up in the hype surrounding the announcement because, frankly, it's kind of fun. But I'll also acknowledge that I haven't had the opportunity to put my hands (and eyes) on the camera so I don't have any reasonable basis for making any statements regarding the advancements (or lack thereof) provided by the new release.

And yes, my comments are a response to the few really negative statements made by some people who have not seen, touched, or loved the camera <cough> Ricehigh <cough>

But... I do have a question for those who have been able to test the K20D. I saw a video clip made by John Carlson describing some of the features and one thing that has me a bit intrigued is the noise reduction feature. The video clip shows where the user can select the amount of high ISO Noise Reduction (Off, Weakest, Weak, Strong). I was wondering if this means the noise reduction is done by the image processing engine and the subsequent RAW file will have the setting permanently applied to the image. Just curious...

01-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Small comment

QuoteOriginally posted by Jun Park Quote
I hope most of the rational members out there will refrain from passing judgement on the K20D unless he or she has actually handled the new camera body. I'll admit I've been a little caught up in the hype surrounding the announcement because, frankly, it's kind of fun. But I'll also acknowledge that I haven't had the opportunity to put my hands (and eyes) on the camera so I don't have any reasonable basis for making any statements regarding the advancements (or lack thereof) provided by the new release.
This happens w/ EVERY, camera by EVERY maker.... Actually it's kind of funny in a mildly disturbing manner. Anyways hope someone can answer your real question.......
01-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jun Park Quote
I hope most of the rational members out there will refrain from passing judgement on the K20D unless he or she has actually handled the new camera body....
Your voice of reason will be overshadowed by the mad scramble...
01-24-2008, 03:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yeah, take it slow, guys.

Hear, here! Thanks, Jun...passion's fun, but, as Sherlock Holmes remarked, [i]t is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the facts...or something close to that. It's too late to go pawing through my Conan Doyle to check the quote.