Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #31
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The results of everyone considering themselves "pros" can be seen on youarenotaphotographer every day...
I spent way longer than I should have looking at those pictures. They can't be real, can they? Tell me they can't be real.

06-30-2012, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
I took a few graduate level courses in statisitics. I'll buy that.
As someone who slept through statistics in college, I have no choice but to agree because you agree.
06-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I always assumed JD Power rankings were bought and paid for by the highest ranking, meaning fudged, because of the advertising I see using JD Power. The closeness of this shows that is probably not true. I guess there are enough categories that every company has a bragging point or two.
06-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So they didn't got in contact with all complainers overhere. These survey's are always just about the level of nice to read and not for to believe. Nice people are giving nice ratings to their wel thought over purchase. The shift to semi-pro is something I see overhere too. Lots of women who start to make babypictures and pictures for childrens party's and pets. Taking a course to understand some basics and off you go with your bussiness. With the current stand of technics in camera's that does make it more easy then 10 years ago.
Ron,

I am definitely not a complainer, but having recently experienced SDM failure on my DA*16-50, I am a bit miffed that Pentax has never owned up to the fact that their SDM mechanism is faulty. As of this moment, my lens has been at C.R.I.S for repair for nearly one month. When I called yesterday to inquire about the status of the repair, I was told that they are awaiting shipment of the parts from Japan, but that they have no idea when they might arrive. So Pentax has disappointed me both with a defective lens and poor repair service. Imagine if I were a professional who depended on his gear to earn a living. Would I be willing to put up with such shoddy treatment? No, I would not. No doubt, users of other brands have their own horror stories, but that does not make me feel any better about my situation. I am off on a two week trip next Saturday, and I will not have my all purpose zoom lens available. I'm confident that I can survive with just my FA Limiteds, but that does not alter the fact that Pentax does not take proper care of its customers.

Rob

07-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #35
Forum Member

If I where a "pro" carpenter, and loose my hammer, I would use a rock. If I where a pro, I would find the way to get the job done.
07-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
Ron,

I am definitely not a complainer, but having recently experienced SDM failure on my DA*16-50, I am a bit miffed that Pentax has never owned up to the fact that their SDM mechanism is faulty. As of this moment, my lens has been at C.R.I.S for repair for nearly one month. When I called yesterday to inquire about the status of the repair, I was told that they are awaiting shipment of the parts from Japan, but that they have no idea when they might arrive. So Pentax has disappointed me both with a defective lens and poor repair service. Imagine if I were a professional who depended on his gear to earn a living. Would I be willing to put up with such shoddy treatment? No, I would not. No doubt, users of other brands have their own horror stories, but that does not make me feel any better about my situation. I am off on a two week trip next Saturday, and I will not have my all purpose zoom lens available. I'm confident that I can survive with just my FA Limiteds, but that does not alter the fact that Pentax does not take proper care of its customers.

Rob
Off course you have the right to complain about such a thing. They should improve the sdm-system. I know that spare-parts are things that hold repairs up and that is also something to address too a.s.a.p.

On the difference of a pro-side: one should always have a reasonable back-up for every job.
07-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Warpig Quote
If I where a "pro" carpenter, and loose my hammer, I would use a rock. If I where a pro, I would find the way to get the job done.
If I were a 'pro' carpenter, and my hammer snapped in two, I'd purchase a different brand.
07-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Warpig Quote
If I were a 'pro' carpenter, and my hammer snapped in two, I'd purchase a different brand.
Stop. Hammertime! LensRentals.com - Hammerforum.com

07-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Off course you have the right to complain about such a thing. They should improve the sdm-system. I know that spare-parts are things that hold repairs up and that is also something to address too a.s.a.p.

On the difference of a pro-side: one should always have a reasonable back-up for every job.
That's what my prime lenses are for in this case. I am not a gear collector, and I am reluctant to accumulate lenses that I don't want just for back-up purposes. With regard to my DA*16-50, I am perfectly happy to use it in manual focus mode, but I cannot even do that when the lens is being held captive in the repair facility for weeks (or months) on end.

Rob
07-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #40
Inactive Account

Pentax #1 LOL what a joke.
07-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
Pentax #1 LOL what a joke.
Hilarious. Just. Really. Funny. L.O.L.

Last edited by monochrome; 07-02-2012 at 01:32 PM.
07-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter

Power Circle Ratings - Compare Products & Services | J.D. Power

Pentax nails it across the board.

If Pentax advertises this correctly, we should see an influx of new users as the K-30 starts to hit the stores...

As a note, my K-5 came back after about two weeks at the service center with the pop-up flash fixed--not bad at all.

--DragonLord
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
Power Circle Ratings - Compare Products & Services | J.D. Power

Pentax nails it across the board.

If Pentax advertises this correctly, we should see an influx of new users as the K-30 starts to hit the stores...

--DragonLord
Looks like someone was doing a multiple choice test and ran it straight down the 5's to get it over with

I keed.. I keeeeed.
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #44
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's what Pentax can use to advertise this:
QuoteQuote:
Performance. (cue K-5 shooting at 7 fps)
Image quality. (cue high-quality image from K-5)
Durability. (cue K-5 under heavy rain)

That's why PENTAX is #1 in online buyer satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates. (cue K-5 and lenses with J.D. Power award)
--DragonLord
07-02-2012, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
Here's what Pentax can use to advertise this:

--DragonLord
Preferably all 3 in the same scene - perhaps shooting sports in the rain wearing a poncho while portraying other photographers huddled under a roof for cover.