Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hotshoe Quote
What would happen if I ask something that to you seems obvious? I'll probably get pounced on and tore apart as well.
There's a difference between asking a basic question (which usually are answered in a very nice manner), and claiming to be an expert putting forth expert advice.

QuoteQuote:
I only wanted to join to put this reply in. I may watch this thread to see you all jump to the defensive. Whether I reply or not will depend on your attitudes.
Well, that's a little high-and-mighty, don't you think?

02-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hotshoe Quote
That was until I noticed how heartlessly you tore the review apart.
Really? How so? There were a few comments but nothing qualifies for "tearing the review apart". If you want to know what "tearing a review apart" is like, check out this thread:

Pentax K20D First Impressions Review [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

and she deserved so.

QuoteQuote:
I think you all should be ashamed of yourselves. It's threads like this that put people off joining. What would happen if I ask something that to you seems obvious? I'll probably get pounced on and tore apart as well.
I don't share your sentiment at all.
That was a professional web magazine, and we expect certain standards for professional articles or reviews written by their journalists. These are not forum users' casual reviews or blogs. That's why they got to go to Dubai and we don't. After all, they claimed that they have 63,000 members strong and 411,000 visitors a month, so they are responsible to get the facts right and reduce errors to minimum. And if the samples shots were inferior, it was just fair to be pointed out.

QuoteQuote:
I only wanted to join to put this reply in. I may watch this thread to see you all jump to the defensive. Whether I reply or not will depend on your attitudes.
I am not at all concerned if you reply or not. But apart from one or two comments, the rest has been quite fair in this thread.
02-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #18
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Hotshoe, Don't base you decision to join on one or 2 threads. There's a significant increase in blood pressure when a new camera comes out and everyone who wants new features for their style, is reading everything they can (and between the lines). Most are waiting for much more substantial reviews and those will be weeks or months away as the firmware and street models appear.

You gotta admit that the review in question is pretty lame as were the sample shots. If you're going to publish a "review" on a camera that is designed for the advanced user to semi pro shooter, then make it good and deal with the in depth features and use of the camera, pro and con. Nothing wrong with reviewing the reviewer IMO

Look at the other threads on "How do I?" and "Photo Critiques" etc to get a better tone of the forums. If you decide to stick around, it's always good to have another voice and perspective. If not, well that's your call.