Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #46

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Geez...So let's pick a number...Ah would 19.7 mega pixels work for you? Or better yet 21.3?

I have seen a significant improvement in real world print quality between that K10D and K20D and the K10D was incredible for magazine print output. Go out and get the "Dream" issue of West East magazine next week at finer International Magazine stands to see my point.

There is an important difference especially for beauty and landscape format fashion.

Is this one of your shoots Ben? I'll try to find it for sure, although Denver is not quite New York as far as 'international magazine stands' go.

Just so you know, I'm a big fan. I especially enjoyed your shoot that looks like it was shot in old hotel rooms. Each set with different wallpaper. Anyway...

Matt

01-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #47
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by keithg Quote
Why dont we just wait and see. Ben has used the camera and im sure he must be rolling on the floor laughing at some of the suggestions. Who cares what cannon and nikon have got. Are you happy with what you have? I know im more than happy with my K10D. I take a mixture of pics from sporting events to landscapes to portraits and i cant fault it. On top of that, ill probably never use everything thats on it. And i havnt ever used auto on it either. So thats one thing for a start. I use all my old lens's that iv'e had for 30 years so what more could i want. I am hoping that one day ill be in a position to get the new one and im sure ill be over the moon with it. Regards. Keith
Thank you for that Keith. I think the full moon is affecting half the members on the forum today. Geez, it's one camera not a cure for cancer and every other known disease. It was only a few short months ago we were all worried the company was going to disappear. Now we have a pair of new bodies and a bunch of lenses. I'm sure there will be more before the year is out.

Did it satisfy every wish list? Nope! Could it? Not on your life! Did you see any of those wish lists? I mean lets get real!!

Come on people! Lets get these in the field and do some shooting. I'm sure the opinions will change for many. The 10,000 FPS shooters will get a new toy soon enough I'm sure.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 01-25-2008 at 05:41 AM.
01-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #48

My last post here

I really thought that attacking members was part of dpreview only. WoW was I mistaken. If someone disagrees then they are a troll or told to slash their wrists? How nice.....

I have decided to switch brands for my upgrade only and keep my older Pentax with my short lenses. My small selection of long glass is sold. I had hopes for better AF more than FPS as a tradeoff to what I really would accept. And the great image quality everyone is talking about is a myth until something impressive is shown. I have seen the Dubai photos and they are good. I have also looked at Bens photos (Thank you Ben very much) and found colour noise I did not like. I really don't care too much about noise if it is more film like (AKA Nikon D300) as film noise is not a deal killer for me.

The new Pentax Cameras (AND I MEAN BOTH UNITS) will sell well as Pentax will run short when they discount them in the USA. The K200D being weather sealed and all those toys on it is really impressive. If they fixed the VPN found in some K10D cameras then it is a real winner!

I have also had too many run ins with Pentax Canada over pricing so they can kiss my $$$ goodbye as these cameras and lenses will cost at least $150 over the suggested MSRP here. Money not being a major issue, just do not like to give people I dislike my money. Pentax USA, no problem they actually treat you like a customer. The DA* lenses carry a $300-$500 premium in Canada compared to our fabulous friends in the USA. (Not an insult, I love our American cousins and will always support them)

No need to call me a hater or troll as I have no intention on coming back. Your time would be better spent taking pics. I hope my istDs is up to shooting another 50,000 shots on its shutter.

I wish you all clear skies and best of luck with your photography. I also hope you and your families will have great lives with good health and fun careers.
01-25-2008, 02:00 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
Is this one of your shoots Ben? I'll try to find it for sure, although Denver is not quite New York as far as 'international magazine stands' go.

Just so you know, I'm a big fan. I especially enjoyed your shoot that looks like it was shot in old hotel rooms. Each set with different wallpaper. Anyway...

Matt
Hi Matt;

Yes, it is an 8 page Fashion story in "West East" Dreams Issue on pages 156 to 163...

Thanks
Ben

01-25-2008, 03:51 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by equinox Quote
I really thought that attacking members was part of dpreview only. WoW was I mistaken. If someone disagrees then they are a troll or told to slash their wrists? How nice.....

I have decided to switch brands for my upgrade only and keep my older Pentax with my short lenses. My small selection of long glass is sold. I had hopes for better AF more than FPS as a tradeoff to what I really would accept. And the great image quality everyone is talking about is a myth until something impressive is shown. I have seen the Dubai photos and they are good. I have also looked at Bens photos (Thank you Ben very much) and found colour noise I did not like. I really don't care too much about noise if it is more film like (AKA Nikon D300) as film noise is not a deal killer for me.

The new Pentax Cameras (AND I MEAN BOTH UNITS) will sell well as Pentax will run short when they discount them in the USA. The K200D being weather sealed and all those toys on it is really impressive. If they fixed the VPN found in some K10D cameras then it is a real winner!

I have also had too many run ins with Pentax Canada over pricing so they can kiss my $$$ goodbye as these cameras and lenses will cost at least $150 over the suggested MSRP here. Money not being a major issue, just do not like to give people I dislike my money. Pentax USA, no problem they actually treat you like a customer. The DA* lenses carry a $300-$500 premium in Canada compared to our fabulous friends in the USA. (Not an insult, I love our American cousins and will always support them)

No need to call me a hater or troll as I have no intention on coming back. Your time would be better spent taking pics. I hope my istDs is up to shooting another 50,000 shots on its shutter.

I wish you all clear skies and best of luck with your photography. I also hope you and your families will have great lives with good health and fun careers.
i agree and thanks for the support.
i'm an avid phoographer. i have decided to work a s aphotograher and with pentax... went to some e vents in the ast months i was the only penax shooters, a lot of people telling me go nikon go canon...i have hard head so i bought more lenses from pentax and waited for a semi pro camera that will satisfy my needs. That's all. I 'll buy the firs day the k20d, and i he a lot of people will do tha but i doubt, bu it's celar that this time entax has shown an opportunity to make anther hit like the k10d.
Only a far far far ffar superior IQ il settle things. Let'see real sample.