Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
i watched this video and i'm not reassesed.
i recently bought the new da 16-50 2,8, i 'm ready tobuy many more lenses and i have decided t wrk as afull time photographer using pentax gear. i could have chosen other brands, but i consider k10d a great tools for prie feature.
consider the price of the k20d. is more exepnsive than 40d and alpha 700. slighly less than oly e3 and 300 dollars less than nikon d300. Compare specs of the fourh camera and you will see this camera is overpriced.
everybody claims that IQ is superb and high iso are the best of the world...i have seen some iso 3200 sample and they are not so better than those of canon 40d r nikon d300.
I'll by the camera anyway.
turn off your SR and go work in the dark,

then realize that your canon and nikon counterparts are paying an arm and a leg to have this technology built into a single lens, while you get to walk around with it at all times.

01-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Something seemed familiar about you..

You post in one of the equipment review sites and list your purchase prices for everything in the millions of dollars.. Like, you bought a Pentax ME or soemthing for $35,000,000 and some Bronica for $23,000,000 and on and on.. Then you say all sorts of unrelated information and end each post with something like.... but it's OK for a cheap purchase on the street..

It's you - from Italy as well!!!

It's 'like' one of these sites.. Pentax K1000 Reviews

I think it has an orange theme though.. I swear I'm not crazy! lol..
01-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
4 extra megapixels is not exactly slightly more resolution (unless you're comparing it to the competition). The K20D doesn't lack any feature the competitors have. They're just not "up to speed", so to say. But then again, that is irrelevant to most photographers.

oooh yes, I could really use 6 fps at weddings and while shooting landscapes
so beacuse you don't need they are useless??!!!

magesium body
high snc speed 1/250
1/8000
5fps

these are features that a model in this class shuld have also if u or I don't need them.
01-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
Something seemed familiar about you..

You post in one of the equipment review sites and list your purchase prices for everything in the millions of dollars.. Like, you bought a Pentax ME or soemthing for $35,000,000 and some Bronica for $23,000,000 and on and on.. Then you say all sorts of unrelated information and end each post with something like.... but it's OK for a cheap purchase on the street..

It's you - from Italy as well!!!
what are you telling about???

01-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #20
Veteran Member

magesium body
high snc speed 1/250
1/8000
5fps

these are features that a model in this class shuld have also if u or I don't need them.
Pentax was never meant to be a wonder camera, it would create an unbalance in the market place, and fuel a development race that will leave a bitter taste in a photographers mouth that will try to keep pace buying a new camera every 6 months

it is what it is, if you dont like it, dont buy it, but you are a fool to say that it is a bad camera or not worth the price point

its worth every penny and then some, you just cant open beer bottles with it.
01-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
raz

i have seen some iso 3200 sample and they are not so better than those of canon 40d r nikon d300.
I'll by the camera anyway.
First, wait for some real tests about high iso and different levels of noise reduction, for now we just seen few images here and there and we don't know how they were made, if they were JPG or Raws or how they been converted.

if I shoot JPG at iso 1600 with the K100D I get a not so good image - but if I shoot raw and leave the raw untouched (no Noise reduction in RAW converter, no sharpening, no nothing ) - I get a very very good image with very small noise. Maybe the same is with the K20D.

Also the 6400iso image, doesn't look bad at all, the details are there, just some chroma noise, but that is not so bad compared to luminance noise. Look at the label on the bottle for example.
01-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
turn off your SR and go work in the dark,

then realize that your canon and nikon counterparts are paying an arm and a leg to have this technology built into a single lens, while you get to walk around with it at all times.
if i wanted to buy nikon or canon i ll buy them..but i love my pentax k10d and about sr i shot firstly with a panasonic fz20 then a minolta 7d than pentax k10d so i know the antshake function quite well. I expected more from the k20d. But understand that in this place if u don't like something you are a troll or a canon fanboy.

01-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #23
Veteran Member

magesium body
high snc speed 1/250
1/8000
5fps

Can you tell us why magnesium is better than steel? Before you answer this, take note that many reviewers across the board regardless of brand all have stated that additional weight adds to the stability of hand-holding image quality. Essentially, when a camera is light, your own body works against steadying the camera.

Also, tell us why HSS at 1/250 is so important when the K10D and K20D can both sync at 1/4000 with AF360 FGZ and AF540 FGZ..

1/8000 - I've never had a need for anything beyond 1/2500 but have shot a few at 1/4000 just to see what can be done..

5fps.. Well, it has it's uses I'm sure.. Though, out of curiosity, what do you shoot that you use 5fps?
01-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #24
Veteran Member

if i wanted to buy nikon or canon i ll buy them..but i love my pentax k10d and about sr i shot firstly with a panasonic fz20 then a minolta 7d than pentax k10d so i know the antshake function quite well. I expected more from the k20d. But understand that in this place if u don't like something you are a troll or a canon fanboy.
i'm not calling you a troll, someone else is calling you a troll, i'm just calling you misinformed and/or having placed your values in the wrong basket

it seems to me that you expected the K20D to be some sort of super camera that would crush the D300 and D40 into dust, and are found disappointed when that isnt exactly the case.
01-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Pentax was never meant to be a wonder camera, it would create an unbalance in the market place, and fuel a development race that will leave a bitter taste in a photographers mouth that will try to keep pace buying a new camera every 6 months

it is what it is, if you dont like it, dont buy it, but you are a fool to say that it is a bad camera or not worth the price point

its worth every penny and then some, you just cant open beer bottles with it.

i'll buy it cause i want tw body for my work..but i'm convinced that at 1300 cnsiderind the competition is overpriced. fortunately i'll buy it in usa so i'll pay 900 euro cause if i buy in europe i'll spend1300 euro.
When u have the time compare feature per feature all the camera abve 1100 dollar and then u understand that the case are two:

- this camera will overcome the competition in iso department so the price is right
- other way the camera is far overpriced.
01-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I have not hidden my disappointment with the fps/af issue...but I think the camera is still going to be a fine camera and certainly nicer than many out there. I had wanted to upgrade for several reasons and the new cam has many good features I need but lacks two I really wanted....but why bash the camera or Pentax? Can't we voice opinions, concerns, disappointments without bashing the manufacturer?
01-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
Can you tell us why magnesium is better than steel? Before you answer this, take note that many reviewers across the board regardless of brand all have stated that additional weight adds to the stability of hand-holding image quality. Essentially, when a camera is light, your own body works against steadying the camera.

Also, tell us why HSS at 1/250 is so important when the K10D and K20D can both sync at 1/4000 with AF360 FGZ and AF540 FGZ..

1/8000 - I've never had a need for anything beyond 1/2500 but have shot a few at 1/4000 just to see what can be done..

5fps.. Well, it has it's uses I'm sure.. Though, out of curiosity, what do you shoot that you use 5fps?

have you shoot outdoor wireless or with strobe in daylight?
the fact that i shot primarily landscape travel and people doesn't mean that i don't need 5 fps .
for example i shooted during thw palio of siena and other popular event...i shoot this year at motor show in Bologna and bruxelles, sometimes i shoot sports. I can live with 3 fps, actually i consider the atuofocus with k10d good opposite to many people that complaint about it.
The fact is that it's better to have these features than not. In addition i see that all the camera that cost more than 1200 have them.
01-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #28
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fuel Up the flame throwers!! And yes the camera does have 50% more resolution. Watch the Pentax Ad man on youtube plus just do the math.

Also I figure for the machine gun shooter, this camera will be fine in Jpeg at enough speed to satisfy. I've done it a few times with the K10D and it works fine, the K20D should perform the same.
01-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #29
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PaulAndAPentax Quote
I have not hidden my disappointment with the fps/af issue...but I think the camera is still going to be a fine camera and certainly nicer than many out there. I had wanted to upgrade for several reasons and the new cam has many good features I need but lacks two I really wanted....but why bash the camera or Pentax? Can't we voice opinions, concerns, disappointments without bashing the manufacturer?

i'm not bashng, i'm complaining like you...i don'tbash pentax at all in fact last week i spent 800 dollar to buy a new lwns and i 'm ready to buy a lot more. But frankly i expected at least 5fps and higher sync speed.
that's all. For me this is oly a tool for my work
01-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #30
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Fuel Up the flame throwers!! And yes the camera does have 50% more resolution. Watch the Pentax Ad man on youtube plus just do the math.

Also I figure for the machine gun shooter, this camera will be fine in Jpeg at enough speed to satisfy. I've done it a few times with the K10D and it works fine, the K20D should perform the same.

to double the perceived resolution of a 10 million sensor you need a 40 million sensor. From 12 to 14 the difference in detail will be minor. that'the same from 8-10 or 10-12...do u need so many difference from a 10 to a12 million pixel sensor?