Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #121
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I could compare and contrast the Pentax K-01 to items such as the Leica mirrorless (the one that still currently retails for about 2k) endlessly. To summarize the Leica mirrorless; better optics and better picture results, but…

It's interesting the reaction that the K-01 even gets to this date as as a camera, and then compare that to the near perfect reaction of the Leica. Almost makes one wonder why??
A large part of the difference is the Placebo effect the Leica has on people. A $2 K camera with a red logo on it is always going to take better images than a $316 camera & 35 year old lens.

12-01-2012, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #122
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I could compare and contrast the Pentax K-01 to items such as the Leica mirrorless (the one that still currently retails for about 2k) endlessly. To summarize the Leica mirrorless; better optics and better picture results, but…

It's interesting the reaction that the K-01 even gets to this date as as a camera, and then compare that to the near perfect reaction of the Leica. Almost makes one wonder why??
Yeah this is funny. I do a lot of womens soccer and follow our local team on all their games. I'm not the official clubphotographer, however I don't think that parents and teamplayers have the feeling that someone else filles that function. So it took 9 rounds in the competition before the teammanager came to me and said that it was not okay to stay so close to the team and not keep the distance that other photographers also keep. I was walking on the field directly after the game and taking pictures where all the real photographers (those with black camera's from Canon/Nikon) know that was not allowed. My yellow K-01 was my camouflage.

After I presented this image on A3 print the teammanager asked how expensive that camera was? Well K-01 with FA31mm and 32GB card is 1750 euro, so don't be fooled by the yellow color