Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #106

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I don't think we can allow a designer camera to be seen in such a common bag. How would one shoulder the shame that doing so would bring.......

Not if you tell them you named your camera and had it stitched on the bag lid!

11-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxian_tmb Quote
Should have made the case some form of army drab green with a red star on it....would have sold like hotcakes to all the hipsters in the U.S.
HAHA, whats sad is you can buy those same bags @ the army surplus for half the price without the cheasy red star... I use a real handmade designer bag for my K-01, the wotancraft paratrooper, camera was built for that bag...
11-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #108
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wanderography Quote
HAHA, whats sad is you can buy those same bags @ the army surplus for half the price without the cheasy red star... I use a real handmade designer bag for my K-01, the wotancraft paratrooper, camera was built for that bag...
My murse/satchel/on-the-go camera case is modified "field bag" that I bought for $12 and then reinforced and waterproofed from supplies at the local craft store:

Fits my K-01 and a spare lens nicely.
11-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
It's worth another $300 to be able to hide your shame.
Apparently you do not have a K-01.

11-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #110
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cyclone3d Quote
Apparently you do not have a K-01.
Correct.

I also do not have a Hello Kitty Leica. Or a Hasselblad Lunar.
11-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #111
Veteran Member

Correct.

I also do not have a Hello Kitty Leica. Or a Hasselblad Lunar.
Hah.

The K-01.. even if you don't like how it looks, is a very good camera and nothing to be ashamed of unless your main goal is to have a camera that specifically looks like a DSLR.
11-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Hah.

The K-01.. even if you don't like how it looks, is a very good camera and nothing to be ashamed of unless your main goal is to have a camera that specifically looks like a DSLR.
But so are the Leica and Hassy

11-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #113
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
But so are the Leica and Hassy
I could compare and contrast the Pentax K-01 to items such as the Leica mirrorless (the one that still currently retails for about 2k) endlessly. To summarize the Leica mirrorless; better optics and better picture results, but…

It's interesting the reaction that the K-01 even gets to this date as as a camera, and then compare that to the near perfect reaction of the Leica. Almost makes one wonder why??
11-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #114
Pentaxian

... or even to compare it to the outmost admired BUT ergonomically flawed and cumbersome new Fujis X-Pro1 and X-E1...
11-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #115
Veteran Member

Hah.

Well, I could get a Pentax DSLR that is about the same size, has some advantages over the K-01, and the K-01 will have no advantages over it. So do not see the point.
11-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #116
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I could compare and contrast the Pentax K-01 to items such as the Leica mirrorless (the one that still currently retails for about 2k) endlessly. To summarize the Leica mirrorless; better optics and better picture results, but…

It's interesting the reaction that the K-01 even gets to this date as as a camera, and then compare that to the near perfect reaction of the Leica. Almost makes one wonder why??
I think it's because the Leica looks like something familiar. Also, it seems like unusual design is more tolerable in luxury goods than economy models - you see that a lot in cars. Weird-looking and expensive = raved about. Weird and cheap = object of scorn.

If the K-01 had been a K-x with a lower flash housing, or something that more strongly evoked old SLRs, it would not have caused such hostility (there still would have been a howl about no OVF/EVF). Combining basically a LiveView-only interface with unfamiliar shape and texture (AND color, in the case of the Bumblebee), it's a perfect storm of 'differentness'.
11-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #117
Veteran Member

I'd love to know Pentax' new product development process. It's so bad it's almost comical
11-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #118
Veteran Member

Well, I could get a Pentax DSLR that is about the same size, has some advantages over the K-01, and the K-01 will have no advantages over it. So do not see the point.
Mirrorless = no front/back focusing no matter what lens you use.

Mirrorless = more room for non-pentax lenses - don't have to worry about the mirror hitting part of the lens.

K-01 has better image quality than the K-5 and is equal to the K-30.

K-01 is cheaper than any current Pentax DSLR.

When the K-01 first came out it was the camera I wanted to replace my K-10 with. Not at the price it came out at, but since they dropped the price, it is well worth it.
11-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #119
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
I'd love to know Pentax' new product development process. It's so bad it's almost comical
They have a process? I thought under the Hoya boys they just randomly showed up with something.
12-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #120
Pentaxian

There is still room for a K-02, with a more convenient/classical look, better ergonomics and second front wheel, better AF reactivity, ...
that stil can enter in the Marc Newson's pouch