Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Body styles and the return of the LX knob

There are advantages and disadvantages to keeping the body style from K10D to K20D.

Compatibility with accessories is nice, and continuing the body style keeps the K10D looking "fresh".

I actually thought we would see a design closer to the Asahi Pentax 50th anniversary model. Based heavily on the K10D, with a refreshed treatment of the top half of the camera, which would preserve compatibility with the existing grip, while giving a nod to the groundbreaking history of the camera. What says Pentax better than a pentaprism?

The one design cue which seems to have made it from the AP50th to the K20D is the exposure mode knob.

Has anyone else noticed how much the new knob looks like the LX shutter speed knob?

Silly details, I know, but I like the aesthetics of camera design!

01-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Its actually the same nob from the samsung GX-10 (and now of course, the GX-20)

I noticed it yesterday when reading over things on the announcement and looking at the photos.