Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perhaps it is best to keep it simple here....Ben has said he is not on the payroll of Pentax, which is true-he is not.
He does recieve product, but as he has said before, he does so by choice--if they weren't up to snuff, he'd be using something else. I also believe he has had negative feedback on some of the newer lenses, which proves that while he is generally happy with pentax, he is not a pentax fanboy who believes they can do no wrong.

and, in any case, color me crazy but i like knowing there are pros of his caliber out there, shooting with the same equipment i can shoot with, without putting vital organs for sale on ebay. and the fact that he and others come here and socialize is a nice added plus too, though id bet he does it on his own.

as rodney king would say....can't we all just get along

01-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #47
Veteran Member

"Penultimate" is only a $3 word when it is used correctly.....which it seldom is.
01-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #48
Veteran Member

"Pray do point out the part where I am referring to you attacking my personal choice of camera"

It has to do with this - "whining you hear from the disappointed brigade"

I guess that sounded sort of defensive to me, that's all. There have been so many comments (not necessarily from you) as I tried to explain in another post somewhere, that boil down to - those that feel the need for larger buffers, more accurate auto focus, and higher frame rates are either incompetent photographers or should somehow have known that Pentax would never address these needs (wants?). The usual follow-up is: buy another brand.

This has become so prevalent that as soon as I see the word "whine" or any of its derivatives, I groan. My wife must wonder what exactly I'm doing in my office!

I'm not going to get involved in any more discussions about camera features. It's just not productive. I am not a technically inclined person, and many of the really involved discussions concerning the science and engineering behind various camera features go right over my head. I just take photos and want them to be the best they possibly can.

Thanks for the compliment - I'll get back to trying to capture a coyote! (photographically)
01-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #49
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Just one more time..I am not on the Pentax Payroll.
Ben
I do believe Benji get more in the way bribes and favours. You know, hookers sent to his room, rival photographer's with no history of mental illness shooting themselves in the back (17 times with two different weapons), witnesses threatened, has a mysteriously-obtained deal with the French government that he can legally hang his washing out on the Eiffel Tower, that sorta thing.

Seriously.

What more do you want from a $1300 camera? Audio? 5.1 audio mode? How about each camera comes with your own personal pro-photographer that does all the shooting for you? He also comes with a legal document that states, although you didn't actually touch the camera, legally, you did take any photos with it, and all skill and talent evident in your photo is your own.

Next camera better have 50-gigapixel resolution - I don't want to have to switch to an annoying longer lens if I want to capture something far away - I'll just crop down in photoshop. Also, can this "battery life" crap - where's our cold fusion cells? And why can't the fusion cells be used to power some sort of anti-gravity device be cause it weighs so damn much.

Look, FPS junkies, I've got a perfect camera for you. It's got uber-high FPS, for that moment you miss - just in case: