Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #16

I've just runned those pics trough PS CS3 and done some crops and runned those pics trough Neat Image(default).
You can look at them here:
Index of /k20d/hoge_isos/iso1600

01-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Um... do I see vertical banding on pic 177?
01-28-2008, 03:53 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
Um... do I see vertical banding on pic 177?
I think you mean pic 167

Which crop and where?

I don't see any when I examine them in SilkyPix, Capture One v4 or Pentax Photolab. I don't use ACR because I have an aversion to it.
01-28-2008, 05:08 AM   #19
raz

with noiseware the results are even better

01-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raz Quote
with noiseware the results are even better
Indeed.
I have the Neatimage plugin installed but am planning on the Noisware image soon. Noisware seems to be able to get rid of VPN aswell (to a degree). Anyway, whatever program you use, the result is that the K20D produces the best 1600 images of ANY!!!!! APS-C camera.

I am really really looking forward to this.
01-28-2008, 05:52 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
I think you mean pic 167

Which crop and where?

I don't see any when I examine them in SilkyPix, Capture One v4 or Pentax Photolab. I don't use ACR because I have an aversion to it.
No, I mean the 177.jpg. I downloaded the full size jpeg and the vertical banding is visible. On the otherhand, I converted those dng with cs2 and don't see any banding. The noise control is good too.
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #22
Site Supporter

how about this feature for the k10?

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
This feature has been present in all Pentax autofocus SLR's when used with manual focus "A" series lenses and the camera set to AF. It was (and is) referred to as the "focus trap" feature.

I believe that you can get it to work with AF lenses and also non "A" type MF lenses by using vatious combinations of tape or aluminium foil over some of the lens contacts on the body, but I don't know the various combinations. I'm sure someone here can expand on this, otherwise brandx (Mad Ron) on DPR can.

The oddly named "trap focus" is a new feature on the K20D which is not the same thing at all. It's AF-S without the AF "focus and re-confirm" double check action that is the normal operation for the SAFOX system. In theory it should be faster, but is probably not so accurate. Some folk say it is similar to the Canon method of AF, I cannot comment on this.
do you think it's possible to add this feature via firmware update for the k10?
can we bug pentax about it pretty please !

pity those who can't upgrade until NEXT year