Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #151
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
My prediction: Pentax will have a booth at the Photokina. The press room is in the bathrooms. To show their progress in the FF field they will show off the MZ-D aka the K-1 which still has the 6MP Philips Sensor.
Will it be in the actual hall or in the aisle leading to the hall so they can spend the day directing people to the washroom, coat check, bus stops, nikon booth, canon booth,

07-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Will it be in the actual hall or in the aisle leading to the hall so they can spend the day directing people to the washroom, coat check, bus stops, nikon booth, canon booth,
Funny jokes aside: is the floorplan available? I'd like to know how big the booth will be this time. Hopefully bigger than Shaggy's broom cupboard.
07-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #153
Loyal Site Supporter

Halle/Hall 1
Leica

Halle/Hall 2.1
Hasselblad, Minox, Zeiss,
Swarovski, Braun,
Reflecta

Halle/Hall 2.2
Nikon, Olympus, Casio,
Pentax Ricoh, Epson

Halle/Hall 3.2
Canon,
Panasonic

no actual floor plans yet though

at least ricoh pentax are there with Nikon this time
07-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #154

Here's the florplan PDF file for Photokina 2012:
Click to download the floorplan PDF file

07-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #155
Veteran Member

Great, downloading that floorplan now. I will assess the likelihood of a Pentax FF by size of stand and proximity to Nikon.
07-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #156
Pentaxian

Not really a "floor plan" per se, but hey - Pentax is in the same room as Nikon and Olympus. Feel bad for Sony.
07-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #157
Veteran Member

Nikon, Pentax/Ricoh and Olympus all use sensors made by Sony so that's why they are in the same hall :P
07-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #158
Loyal Site Supporter

and Sony asked for a hall as far away as possible so people couldn't compare the performance, knowing full well anyone does better than they do with the same sensor

07-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #159
Veteran Member

almost certainly that camera is slated for Photokina (K300?), If they are going to have 4 DSLR in the line (as they have hinted earlier this year) an entry body and a FF body are the most logical additions to the K30/K5 (or K3) line
post photokina the line should probably look like this
Q (maybe Q2)
K-01(possible but i doubt it a second K-0 body)
K300
K30
K3
LXD (previewed for spring)
645D 9possible 645D2 for next year as well)

Makes perfect sense. So Pentax will most likely not do this.

There is a new lens on the Q lens Roadmap plus the retail price of the Q has dropped. Makes me think there might be a Q2 in the future. Hopefully it will have a bigger sensor. Could a Sony 1" sensor be squeezed into the Q? It will then give the Nikon System 1 a run for its money.

There is new lens patents for K-mount lenses with more of the lens behind the lens mount. This makes me think that Pentax thinks there is a future with the K-mount mirrorless camera system. Still I don't think it will be until next summer or even later before we see a new K-mount mirrorless.

The K-300 makes perfect sense. A smaller body without the weather sealing and 2 control dials of the K-30. It might even have a touch screen interface and do away wiht even more buttons and dials. Out for the Holiday sale period for $499 USD

K-3 for a new APS-C flasgship model. It might use the new Sony 24MP sesnor. It might use the Pentax patent for a hydbrid viewfinder. It might have more and/or smaller AF points. Shown at Photokina and release in October for a price of $1,750 USD.

LXD-1 for a pro-level with all the features of the K-3 but in a FF package. Shown at CP+ in January and release in March for a price of $3,000.

LXD-10 for an intro-level FF camera with the features of the K30 for a price of $2,000 USD.

645D MkII to be shown at CP+ and release in the summer of 2013 for a price of $10,000 USD

Dave
07-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #160
Pentaxian

Halle/Hall 2.1
Swarovski, Braun,
Reflecta
Swarovski? A diamond-studded Minox, perhaps, or a blinged-up Hasselblad for the uber-rich? Pentax will have hard time getting column inches with a serious competitor like that around, even with an MX-sized FF camera.
07-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #161
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Swarovski? A diamond-studded Minox, perhaps, or a blinged-up Hasselblad for the uber-rich? Pentax will have hard time getting column inches with a serious competitor like that around, even with an MX-sized FF camera.
Of course you know quite well that Swarovski makes binoculars and monoculars
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #162
Pentaxian

Now you're spoiling a good story with the facts!
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #163
Pentaxian

And great spotting scopes. I shudder to think what my wife paid for hers, even as a Swarovski dealer. But it's a fine, fine bit (largish bit, actually) of glass.
07-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #164
Pentaxian

Halle/Hall 1
Leica

Halle/Hall 2.1
Swarovski, Braun,
Reflecta

Halle/Hall 2.2
Nikon, Olympus, Casio,
Pentax Ricoh, Epson

Halle/Hall 3.2
Canon,
Panasonic

no actual floor plans yet though

at least ricoh pentax are there with Nikon this time
I will assume that places in 2.2 and 3.2 are assigned to get the magnet companies, e.g., Canon and Nikon, in separate halls. Same is true with M4/3, we have to attend both halls to see Olympus and Panasonic. Hasselblad is with Swarovski and Zeiss so that the upmarket hall is not clogged with the hoi polloi. Casio is in 2.2 because, well, it has to be somewhere.
07-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #165
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Makes perfect sense. So Pentax will most likely not do this.

There is a new lens on the Q lens Roadmap plus the retail price of the Q has dropped. Makes me think there might be a Q2 in the future. Hopefully it will have a bigger sensor. Could a Sony 1" sensor be squeezed into the Q?
I was going to say 'not a chance' but it looks like it *might* be do-able. Keep in mind that the electrical contacts will limit the sensor size... and even assuming telecentricity the sensor size would be close-ish to hitting the contacts.

Of course then you have to worry about coverage with the current lenses. I don't know what image circle they actually do cover but I'm assuming it's not got enough to cover all of a 1" sensor. Heck, I'd hope for a 1/1.7.