Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 56 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FF is the Mount Doom of this section of the forums... all undoubtedly head towards it, in the end, lol

07-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #212
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RXrenesis8 Quote
Pentax News, Rumors, and Speculation: where everything's made up and the posts don't matter!

Sadly no skit music, however...
08-01-2012, 03:21 AM   #213
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
FF is the Mount Doom of this section of the forums... all undoubtedly head towards it, in the end, lol
What are those Pentaxians going to do when the FF body finally arrives? There will surely be some withdrawal symptoms for some. I guess those will just complain about all the shortcommings of that FF body.
08-01-2012, 03:39 AM - 2 Likes   #214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
What are those Pentaxians going to do when the FF body finally arrives? There will surely be some withdrawal symptoms for some. I guess those will just complain about all the shortcommings of that FF body.
One novel idea is to actually get out and take some photo's. It could catch on around here.. who knows?

08-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #215
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
One novel idea is to actually get out and take some photo's. It could catch on around here.. who knows?

I notice this same scenario on a music production forum I frequent.. lots of chatter, lots of collecting production equipment, little music output.. I think a large portion of people that are into hobbies (in general) aren't really that into them as they think they are... they just like to say they are and then shoot the shiz online..

That isn't necessarily a bad thing.. the more people who become interested in the field, the cheaper (in theory) and more abundant the gear will be to those who really are passionate about it.
08-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #216
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I notice this same scenario on a music production forum I frequent.. lots of chatter, lots of collecting production equipment, little music output.. I think a large portion of people that are into hobbies (in general) aren't really that into them as they think they are... they just like to say they are and then shoot the shiz online..

That isn't necessarily a bad thing.. the more people who become interested in the field, the cheaper (in theory) and more abundant the gear will be to those who really are passionate about it.
I stay away from forums such as Gearslutz & Universal Audio these days. Getting caught up in plug-in fever and GAS (getting ripped off buying Powercores X8, 6000 & PCIe, a Duende Card, a Liquid mix and TC Electronic interfaces SK48 and DKx32) has poisoned my attitude to music production. I don't mind my UAD2 Quad card though but I could have saved lots of money if I'd known better sooner. As you say, it's the art that counts. Everytime I get an email from a company I bought plug-ins from (Waves, sound-toys etc) I cringe. Photography is cheap compared to digital audio if you try keep LBA at bay.
08-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #217
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
It's crushing all my hope. This makes me feel like I have to become a human photobooth shooting from one angle the entire time with the same setting to become a "professional" *languishes in agony*

So far I'm happy with the small paid gigs I get invited to occasionally... I don't dream of becoming a celebrity photographer anyway. Not a true pro, but hoping the pay increases =))

As for the FF to be released at Photokina? Bring it on!! I'll look at it.. then get the APS-C K-5 successor instead
Nothing says a pro can't have it both ways. The graduation/wedding photos pay the bills and buy the gear so the artist can explore the gallery stuff.

Guy I went to High School with (RISoD) produces art portraits and he's well known for it. But he pays the bills doing studio product shots for magazines/internet.

My wife has a Bachrach wedding portrait of her grandmother hanging in our house. If that isn't artistic use of light then art and commerce cannot ever blend.

08-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #218
mee
Veteran Member

I stay away from forums such as Gearslutz & Universal Audio these days. Getting caught up in plug-in fever and GAS (getting ripped off buying Powercores X8, 6000 & PCIe, a Duende Card, a Liquid mix and TC Electronic interfaces SK48 and DKx32) has poisoned my attitude to music production. I don't mind my UAD2 Quad card though but I could have saved lots of money if I'd known better sooner. As you say, it's the art that counts. Everytime I get an email from a company I bought plug-ins from (Waves, sound-toys etc) I cringe. Photography is cheap compared to digital audio if you try keep LBA at bay.
I never got into powered cards for audio production... keep it all native.. buy on massive sales.. 40-80% off. Keep it cheap. Lots of good freebies out there these days too...

I suppose photography can be kept cheap as well.. but.. lets say a K5/K-30 body, a couple used lenses, Accessories, PP software (Lightroom/Aperture, Noise Ninja, Zerene Stacker, etc etc).. it can still get pretty expensive fast..
08-02-2012, 04:55 AM - 1 Like   #219
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Somebody ... please shoot this thread and put it out of it's misery.
08-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #220
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doubt it. Never caught on around here.
08-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #221
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Doubt it. Never caught on around here.
LOL, that's why Pentaxians are so rare in the wild. They are all behind their computers following FF threads on PF.

See, another reason for PRI to come with a FF camera. To get their user-base out and into the sunshine, showing their cameras to the world.
08-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #222
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Somebody ... please shoot this thread and put it out of it's misery.
Perhaps you could stand in front of it when they do? ;-)

or, to put it another way..

nobody is making you read it.
08-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #223
Banned

That's a new perspective on camera's!
08-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That's a new perspective on camera's!
"Camera's" taking "photo's"? What next? "Film's"?
08-03-2012, 03:48 AM   #225
Veteran Member

I thought I could make calls with my K-x.... alas, I cannot! What a waste!! It can only take pictures...