Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #226
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
"Camera's" taking "photo's"? What next? "Film's"?
I bet your Dutch is much better than that.

08-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #227
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
The sad thing is that the English apostrophe's have confused us European's so much that we can't even write our own languages any more without spilling apostrophe's all over the place. Even in the company name's of widespread restaurant franchise's: Jensens B
08-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #228
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Sorry. Couldn't resist any longer. I'll try to curb my inner pedant.
08-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
The sad thing is that the English apostrophe's have confused us European's so much that we can't even write our own languages any more without spilling apostrophe's all over the place. Even in the company name's of widespread restaurant franchise's: Jensens B
Touché! Good one!

Edit: and Ron, my apologies to you for letting one of my Pet Hates overcome my good manners. I have often remarked to friends that I am constantly embarrassed at how European, particularly Dutch people's multi-lingual skills put us monolingual English-speakers to shame. My little outburst wasn't aimed at others so much as the native English speakers' inattention to their own language.

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 08-03-2012 at 08:30 AM.
08-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #230
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
LOL, that's why Pentaxians are so rare in the wild. They are all behind their computers following FF threads on PF.

See, another reason for PRI to come with a FF camera. To get their user-base out and into the sunshine, showing their cameras to the world.
What we really need is a DSLR that can surf the net via wi-fi or 3 or 4G, so that it can be used exclusively to post comments about FF at PF, endlessly and nothing else. Things like sensor and shutters and viewfinders and even lens mount and pentaprism can simply be designated as nothing more than options to make the price point more competitive and sensible. It is all about catering to the needs of its existing user base. Nice convenient features like "complain" button will be I am sure very popular.
08-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #231
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
What we really need is a DSLR that can surf the net via wi-fi or 3 or 4G, so that it can be used exclusively to post comments about FF at PF, endlessly and nothing else. Things like sensor and shutters and viewfinders and even lens mount and pentaprism can simply be designated as nothing more than options to make the price point more competitive and sensible. It is all about catering to the needs of its existing user base. Nice convenient features like "complain" button will be I am sure very popular.

Don't forget it has to come in 30 different colors.. because the color of the camera determines the value of the images captured through it. This is important!!
08-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #232
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ok now that we figured out that there Is not a Sensor out there that Pentax would use for a new FF camera, lets concentrate on a new K-5 replacement like the K-5 II with the new 16mg sensor and a articulating LCD,and better AF and the same video as the K-30. for $1600.oo
I may get one of those instead of another K-5

08-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #233
Inactive Account

English apostrophes are easy. You put one in when there is a letter missing, because of an abbreviation.
don't = do nOt
Didn't = did nOt
We'd better get a move on..= we HAd
Sam's camera = Sam HIs camera.
James' camera = James HIs camera
(I know those two sound weird but that's the missing bit. It goes back to old english. The anomalie is that if it were a girl's name it still applies. Because females could not possess items, their husbands did (way back in history)) British people correct me if you know better.

I have no idea how the American apostrophe works, you lot seem to stick it in where ever you like.
08-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #234
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
English apostrophes are easy. You put one in when there is a letter missing, because of an abbreviation.
don't = do nOt
Didn't = did nOt
(I know those two sound weird but that's the missing bit. It goes back to old english. The anomalie is that if it were a girl's name it still applies. Because females could not possess items, their husbands did (way back in history)) British people correct me if you know better.

I have no idea how the American apostrophe works, you lot seem to stick it in where ever you like.
Now you got me started, but I'll restrain myself and add just one simple comment to yours: PLURALS do not have apostrophes, nor do third person verbs.

Talk about being OT
08-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #235
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
don't = do nOt
Didn't = did nOt

Go ahead and explain "won't" then.
08-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #236
Pentaxian

Dyslexia? (Will NOT)
08-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #237
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Because wiln't or willn't both look and sound silly.
08-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #238
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
won't = would not
08-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #239
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
won't = would not

Wouldn't ?
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #240
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
Ok now that we figured out that there Is not a Sensor out there that Pentax would use for a new FF camera, lets concentrate on a new K-5 replacement like the K-5 II with the new 16mg sensor and a articulating LCD,and better AF and the same video as the K-30. for $1600.oo
I may get one of those instead of another K-5
Surely they are going to charge 1400+ for this..

Are the K-30's improved AF, focus peaking, and video features really enough to warrant it over simply buying a K-30 for 600 dollars more?

That is drawing the lines too close to one another I think.. It needs more than that. Perhaps they could upgrade the burst rate to the 10+ range and double the buffer for longer bursts. That, with enhanced K-30 features, video mode focus peaking, stereo input for audio.. would be reason (at least in my mind) to call it current flagship.