Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2012, 04:49 AM   #301
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
And I also hope P-R will never stop producing the FA Limiteds...
Hopefully we will see the FA Limited line modernized, improved, and expanded. How about a D-FA* Limited line? New nano-coatings, faster drive system, & weather sealed.

08-15-2012, 04:50 AM   #302
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Hopefully we will see the FA Limited line modernized, improved, and expanded. How about a D-FA* Limited line? New nano-coatings, faster drive system, & weather sealed.
And quickshift. Would be nice.
08-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #303
Veteran Member

Yes, that excites my interest!
08-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #304
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've wished for updates for some time, but am now rethinking this. I don't think Pentax should try to fix something not broken. I'd hate for them to update the FA 31/1.8 as a new D-FA 31/2.4 Limited or something similar. Once a recipe is perfected don't change the ingredients. I really like quickshift so I'd rather see Pentax expand the FA Limited line with something like an FA 117/1.8 and a couple other new lengths.

08-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #305
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
FA 117/1.8 and a couple other new lengths.
LOL, An FA 129 f 1.8 would be nice (3x the diagonal of a FF)

Last edited by eddie1960; 08-15-2012 at 09:15 AM.
08-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #306
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
LOL, An FA 129 f 1.8 would be nice (1/3 the diagonal of a FF)
Ah, 129 is even better than 117 (in the middle of 100 and 135). I would wait in line to buy an FA 129/1.8 Limited.
08-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #307
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Ah, 129 is even better than 117 (in the middle of 100 and 135). I would wait in line to buy an FA 129/1.8 Limited.
corrected my grammar, it's 3 x the diagonal, 1/3 the FOV of the 43

it could be the update for the long gone stupidly expensive used 135 1.8, but it will need the right lens designer IMO, Don't know if they managed to bring back Jun Hirakawa (the fa77 and fa43 designer who Hoya packaged off)

good scan of a long article written by jun in this thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/190336-odd-foc...ml#post2002297
08-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #308
Site Supporter

Alot of dreaming here... Many ideas how to improve the system in case that... At the moment there is no real sign of life from Pentax for months. Some lenses were announced several months ago and may show up at photokina. Obviously there must be a camera announcement at photokina - probably just an announcement for the far future. Announcements don't keep a system running. We will all know more in a couple weeks.

08-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #309
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Announcements don't keep a system running. We will all know more in a couple weeks.
Nope, but they somehow keep a company's market confident about their loyalty to the brand.
08-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #310
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Announcements don't keep a system running.
They don't!? Announcements and/or "accidental" leaking of information are both very powerfull and free marketing tools. Proof is right here under our noses. We all know what happened here on PF when a blurry picture (K30) or a picture of a tiny detail (K-01) surfaces. And not only on PF, for that matter. It generates a lot of reactions of people that can't wait to see what's next. Positive reactions. Now though, when no news surfaces, it generates lots of reactions too, from people who can't wait to see weather something news is comming at all! Much more negative.
08-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #311
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well Canon charges even more for less pixels. It's not the number of pixels that make the difference in price I guess.
If Pentax does with that 24 MP sensor what it did with the K-5's 16 MP sensor, comparing to what Nikon 'only' could do with the same sensor in the D 7000, than Pentax is on the right track!
It's not only the kind of sensor that is important, but what you do with it is as important too.
Wait and see...
08-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #312
gtl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GreenMachine Quote
Seriously if they even introduce something like this in September . . . who would wait another 4 to maybe 6 months for it????// . . . . There's plenty of high mp cameras around already from different manufacturers including really good used bargains on some of those.
Those that have the 3 FA Limiteds?... They are the perfect size for me versus the slightly faster but far bulkier canikon versions. With high ISO getting so good I don't see the point of having a marginally faster lens with a far bigger body.
08-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #313
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
OK .... so say Pentax introduces a full frame DSLR and they use the same SR technology. Now wouldn't it require more energy to keep that larger sensor unit in place or keep it floating if activated? Annnnnd would that allow more room for image blur?

I don't have any issue with the K5 in a performance point . . . . I wouldn't mind a fixed sensor full frame 16mp that has Canon 1Dx low light performance. My Blue Bird pictures with the K5 at ISO 1600 to 2500 cropped 1/2 frame are just as good as anything that comes out of the D3 and a far less expensive camera at this point with B&H showing the body for $879 that's a bargain for anyone who want performance, weather sealing and value.

If the new camera and that's an if . . . . is introduced at or around the same price as the D800 . . . I'm guessing there will be some people going to Nikon.
08-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #314
Banned

OK .... so say Pentax introduces a full frame DSLR and they use the same SR technology. Now wouldn't it require more energy to keep that larger sensor unit in place or keep it floating if activated? Annnnnd would that allow more room for image blur?

Let me try to answer it this way... If the built in batteries for cameras such as the K-01, K-5 or even K-30 allowed for full SR on about 400 pics, then... Even if a full frame had bascially the same variation of that SR but on a different scale; the difference of amount of power required would be very trivial - one might lose ten to twenty pics from any battery difference.

I compare this to using DFA lens on a camera as compared to FA limiteds. Technically shouldn't most of the DFA's use more power and effort to focus; at that lens variety is also able to also cover the film cameras?
08-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #315
Veteran Member

If the new camera and that's an if . . . . is introduced at or around the same price as the D800 . . . I'm guessing there will be some people going to Nikon.
I don't understand this logic. Why would, after a bunch of us finally get what we've been longing for (a Pentax FF camera), we move to the competitor to buy something we don't really want and still end up spending the same amount of money? Are you implying something about limited lens selection in the current Pentax catalog? Or do you mean that the Pentax user would elect to buy the cheaper and older D700 or the speculated affordable D600? The D700, while a great camera from what I can tell, is old and won't be competing directly with a new Pentax FF. On top of that, the D700 is out of production from what I understand. The D600, if cheaper than a Pentax FF, won't have the same features that the Pentax will. So, again, their won't be direct competition from Nikon other than the D800 in your pricing scenario. If a loyal Pentax user has the option to go Pentax or Nikon for the same price, why on Earth would they choose the later?