Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #511
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,917
QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
Yes. And the K30 is not the entry level .
Well you don't have to tell ME that

08-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #512
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Albums
Posts: 85
QuoteOriginally posted by GabrielFFontes Quote
I want to see a competitive autofocus system for Pentax...
I know, it's not that slow, but it does prevent people that use, say, a 7D to switch to Pentax.
Let's give them one more year to fully develop the fullframe.
I started out with the 7D and switched to the K-5. So I guess some people would switch.
08-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #513
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
QuoteOriginally posted by GabrielFFontes Quote
I want to see a competitive autofocus system for Pentax...
I know, it's not that slow, but it does prevent people that use, say, a 7D to switch to Pentax.
Let's give them one more year to fully develop the fullframe.
I'd rather have a FF now, and an improved one in two years.
08-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #514
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
We can expect any official news very soon. The most tasty thing will be announced on September, 17-18.
And of course, this means that the D600 (allegedly Sept 13) will take the majority of the attention.

Sometimes it seems like Pentax couldn't market it's way out of a paper bag.

08-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #515
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manila
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,190
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
And of course, this means that the D600 (allegedly Sept 13) will take the majority of the attention. Sometimes it seems like Pentax couldn't market it's way out of a paper bag.
The D600 leak was good enough to create talk before the initial announcement; the K-30 was unveiled at a good time and took the market like a surprise punch from Pentax. "entry-level FF" seems good enough to be the center of attention; the K-5 successor has to be good enough a performer to challenge Canikon's high-end APS-C successors and draw some attention away from the D600. Looks alone will not make it news-worthy...

...unless it becomes a small robot when not in photographic use, perhaps?
08-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #516
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 472
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
The D600 leak was good enough to create talk before the initial announcement; the K-30 was unveiled at a good time and took the market like a surprise punch from Pentax. "entry-level FF" seems good enough to be the center of attention; the K-5 successor has to be good enough a performer to challenge Canikon's high-end APS-C successors and draw some attention away from the D600. Looks alone will not make it news-worthy...

...unless it becomes a small robot when not in photographic use, perhaps?
A K-5 replacement alone won't generate enough attention in the presence of Canikon's full-frame onslaught. The Pentax system needs to be emphasized, including lens, flash and accessories. They need to make a compelling argument for what they deliver today and what they will deliver in the future will be competitive and meet the needs of the consumer, imaginary or real.

I camera\robot would be a neat trick worthy of a line or two in the press with pictures.
08-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #517
Pentaxian
Raffwal's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: 64°57' North
Posts: 806
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I'd rather have a FF now, and an improved one in two years.
I can imagine the response if Pentax would bring a FF camera and its AF would be like the one in a K-5: completely random at best.
08-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #518
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,512
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
I can imagine the response if Pentax would bring a FF camera and its AF would be like the one in a K-5: completely random at best.
Something must be wrong with your K-5.

08-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #519
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 550
Original Poster
What happen to MZ-D last 12 years ago?
08-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #520
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manila
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,190
QuoteOriginally posted by 7samurai Quote
I camera\robot would be a neat trick worthy of a line or two in the press with pictures.
Yeah, that while it won't happen in the real product, good enough to get heads turning, and that's a good thing.

QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
What happen to MZ-D last 12 years ago?
Contax Philips sensor performed so poorly, Pentax scrapped the project.

edit: corrected item hehe

Last edited by Alizarine; 08-27-2012 at 11:13 PM.
08-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #521
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,265
And Contax didn't scrapped theirs. And it killed'em.
Contax no longer here.
08-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #522
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,149
QuoteOriginally posted by 7samurai Quote
A K-5 replacement alone won't generate enough attention in the presence of Canikon's full-frame onslaught.
What onslaught? Nikon going to release their version of the Canon 5D, that's all....Hardly very exciting....
08-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #523
Banned




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charleston & Pittsburgh
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,683
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
And Contax didn't scrapped theirs. And it killed'em. Contax no longer here
Sure miss that RTS and the pressure plate focusing
08-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #524
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 376
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
What onslaught? Nikon going to release their version of the Canon 5D, that's all....Hardly very exciting....
Rumours about "entry level" FF bodies from CaNikon...
08-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #525
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
Sony 24.3 MP Full frame CMOS Exmor sensor

QuoteQuote:
24.3 Mpx Full frame CMOS Exmor sensor
SLT technology
New Bionz imaging engine
14 bit RAW recording
10 fps
ISO 100 up to 25.600
50 ISO extended (with lower dynamic range)
102 AF point AF (11 cross).
AF range
MF assist
Dual Phase detection system (with AF phase pixels on sensor)
30 sec and 1/8000 maximum shutter speed
Time Lag 0.05 sec.
Shutter life guarantee of 200,000 cycles
2.360k OLED electornic viewfinder
3″921k LCD with same tilting system of the A77
Full HD video recording at 1920×1080/60p AVCHD format
HDMI output
Built-in stereo mic
Built-in flash with guide number of 12
Auto HDR capability
New multi-segment low pass filter
Photodiode expansion technology
Light concentration technology
Selective noise reduction
Ultrasonic anti dust system
In body image stabilization
Two memory slots: SD and SD+MS cards
USB: 2.0
Announced on September 12, 2012
Available in stores in late October 2012
New accessories to be released with the a99: battery grip, flash, remote control, microphone etc.
Very light, weather sealed magnesium alloy body.With 730 g this is the lightest FF body on market!
(SR5) UPDATED: Full A99 specs! To be announced on September 12th. | sonyalpharumors


I hope it's true that the K-3 will use the same sensor and come out six months later.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, frame, k-3, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, photokina
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Full Frame DSLR (Well, sort of...) 721 Pentax Full Frame 83 08-18-2014 01:44 AM
Pentax...make a bare bones full frame high mp dslr. slackercruster Photographic Industry and Professionals 12 09-26-2012 04:20 PM
K30, K5n, K3 and maybe full-frame at Photokina... frankfanrui Pentax News and Rumors 638 09-06-2012 07:08 AM
Full Frame DSLR Spacebandit Welcomes and Introductions 12 09-20-2011 04:34 AM
Photokina 2010, Pentax and the full frame mystery falconeye Pentax News and Rumors 727 09-03-2010 11:11 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:03 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top