Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 56 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2012, 01:57 AM   #46
Veteran Member

I framed some A4 pics coming from my tiny 12 MP k-x sensor...

07-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Why does this very same rumor keep getting reposted here (original source: DCHome, via RiceHigh, June 14)? This is what, the 4th time? It's not even a recycling into a new rumor, it's exactly the same one from the same source over and over from over a month ago reposted by a different site each time.

And the saddest thing is the original rumor made no mention of any "K-3" at all, the reposters pulled that name from Photo Rumors (not the original source) reposting that damn April Fool's photoshop which just won't die. C'mon people, think about it, there is essentially a 0% chance that a FF would be called "K-3". It makes no sense in any naming scheme whatsoever. I can only imagine that if/when Pentax announces an APS-C K-3, there will be much drama and tears about "OMG the K-3 was supposed to be FF, Pentax has forsaken us!!11" citing this photoshop.

I'm as eager for a FF as anyone and am looking forward to Photokina, but between the poorly executed April Fool's joke that got way out of hand, and the endlessly recycled circular rumors, one can't help but get a sense of disillusionment and cynicism.

Last edited by Cannikin; 07-24-2012 at 05:56 AM.
07-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
That being said, the K-3 will follow in the K'5 footsteps in the sense that it will give current FF's a run for their money. And that includes the D800 also.
So hold you breath and watch as Pentax takes its rightful place(again) as having the worlds best APS-C camera.
That may be true and it would be all good... But it's not what the Pentax userbase is craving. They would be happier with a good FF camera, then with another excellent APS-C camera.
07-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
Why does this very same rumor keep getting reposted here (original source: DCHome, via RiceHigh, June 14)? This is what, the 4th time? It's not even a recycling into a new rumor, it's exactly the same one from the same source over and over from over a month ago reposted by a different site each time. And the saddest thing is the original rumor made no mention of any "K-3" at all, they pulled that name from Photo Rumors (not the original source) reposting that damn April Fool's photoshop which just won't die. C'mon people, think about it, there is essentially a 0% chance that a FF would be called K-3. It makes no sense in any naming scheme whatsoever. I'm as eager for a FF as anyone and am looking forward to Photokina, but between the poorly executed April Fool's joke that got way out of hand, and the endlessly recycled circular rumors, one can't help but get a sense of disillusionment and cynicsm.
I'm with ya! This is neither news nor a rumor, it's OLD and a HOAX!

07-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #50
Pentaxian

I want a ban for anyone posting unsubstantiated remors about a Pentax FullFrame until the 18th of September. Continued violation will result in a lifetime ban.

:P
07-24-2012, 04:46 AM - 1 Like   #51
Banned

I heard Pentax is going to start selling airships for intercontinental travel
07-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I heard Pentax is going to start selling airships for intercontinental travel
......Filled with hot air from Pentaxians posting FF rumours.

07-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #53
Pentaxian

OK, now you guys are just mean..... I spend days in the bush camping, get back out to civilization, and you you won't even let me have a nice 100 page FF rumour thread.
07-24-2012, 05:14 AM - 1 Like   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
... reposting that damn April Fool's photoshop which just won't die.
So, really ... the absolute first origin of this hoax and continuing misinformation is Pentax Forums itself. And if you Google for "Pentax K-3" the third listing is PF's original post of "Pentax K-3 Announced - Pentax News and Rumors." I said it back in April and I'll say it now. The prank was a bad idea for any site that wishes credibility as a reliable news and information source. It was a disservice to all the other great work created by Adam and other review contributors here. People are going to be looking up that junk and wondering about the quality of PF for a long time.
07-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I heard Pentax is going to start selling airships for intercontinental travel ......
Filled with hot air from Pentaxians posting FF rumours.
Awesome! Best one-two post combo I've seen in some time! LMAO!

Last edited by TomTextura; 07-24-2012 at 05:35 AM.
07-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
Old post, check another thread where this is already been discussed.
07-24-2012, 05:28 AM   #57
Veteran Member

So, is this thing real or not?

Does Canikon have these problems at their forums or is it just us Pentaxians?
07-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I just want to state on record, that this rumor is false. And I want to reaffirm this by saying that I say this with the greatest of confidence.
That being said, the K-3 will follow in the K'5 footsteps in the sense that it will give current FF's a run for their money. And that includes the D800 also.
So hold you breath and watch as Pentax takes its rightful place(again) as having the worlds best APS-C camera.
I thought this was a little stretchy to claim, as a rumour of course, that the K3 would be FF while a replacement for the K5 (APS-C) should be the next logical step.

Nonetheless, an interesting rumour .

Cheers.

JP
07-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I want a ban for anyone posting unsubstantiated remors about a Pentax FullFrame until the 18th of September. Continued violation will result in a lifetime ban.

:P
You'd be taking the fun out of this thread if you did!

JP
07-24-2012, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
You'd be taking the fun out of this thread if you did!

JP
This is no fun. I take photography seriously. Don't have time to waste on games.