won't = would not
Wouldn't ?
yep..

wouldn't = would not

won't = will not

wouldn't ≠ won't

Just clearing that up.

08-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #257

Higher pixel count can on a given size sensor and actually down grade the image quality at f11 or higher, due to defraction. So more mp does not automatically mean a better camera/image.
08-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #258
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dbaird Quote
Higher pixel count can on a given size sensor and actually down grade the image quality at f11 or higher, due to defraction. So more mp does not automatically mean a better camera/image.
That's not true. Higher resolution on a sensor means you can't stop down much if you want to enlarge/crop a lot. Which you can't do with lower resolution sensors anyway, so where's the loss? Also, f/11 is an arbitrary number here. It depends on "sensor" size (and how much the final image is to be enlarged and at what distance you look at it) and lens design. Quality will degrade with higher sensor resolution if the pixels turn too small, but due to other reasons.
08-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #259
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbaird*:
It does mean that at higher ISOs the dots are much smaller which might result in less apparent grain.

08-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #260
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
The market for FF is very small but may expand a little with the release of the fabled $1800 entry level models from Sony, Nikon and maybe Canon.
Well, not sure the FF market is that small, the D800 has been #1 DSLR for almost 6 months on amazon. Just became #2 a few days ago:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Digital-SLR-Cameras/zgbs/elec...nav_e_3_281052
08-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #261
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RXrenesis8 Quote
wouldn't = would not

won't = will not

wouldn't ≠ won't

Just clearing that up.
Thanks.

However, I Think we had already cleared that.
08-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #262
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Well, not sure the FF market is that small, the D800 has been #1 DSLR for almost 6 months on amazon. Just became #2 a few days ago:

Amazon Best Sellers: best Digital SLR Cameras

It's actually dropped down to 3rd spot , The top 2 sellers are APS-C Canon EOS Rebel T3i and Nikon D3100 at the moment, but I do see where you're coming from. there is still a Market for FF and it's not that Niche.

08-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #263
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
It's actually dropped down to 3rd spot , The top 2 sellers are APS-C Canon EOS Rebel T3i and Nikon D3100 at the moment, but I do see where you're coming from. there is still a Market for FF and it's not that Niche.
Of course it's a niche. The main market is not in FF-bodies. Never has been for digital.

Amazon's sales ranks change quickly. Have it at #1 for a year and I'll be impressed.
08-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #264
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote

Amazon Best Sellers: best Digital SLR Cameras
Well partly also because off the delay due to the tsunami last year with releases for new camera's. Sales are going down a little and more stores have the camera in stock now.

Pentax on #35 K-30, #41 K-r and #46 K-5. Not to bad.
08-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #265

Individual pixel site size is relative to performance, I would be happy with 24MP but would be blown away by 16.2. More MP is not always better, particularly given the types of camas that come from Pentax, namely weather sealed low light machines.
08-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #266
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
Of course it's a niche. The main market is not in FF-bodies. Never has been for digital.

Amazon's sales ranks change quickly. Have it at #1 for a year and I'll be impressed.
My Point exactly , which is what i stated in my post , but the Nikon D800 is still a big seller ,Local Camera store I purchase my gear from can't keep up with the Demand on D800 so i wouldn't call it a Niche market. 2 of my own friends have made the switch from APS-C to FF. There is still a reasonably big market for FF DSLR.
08-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #267

And I still think there is even a portion of photographers (amateur, hobbyests, etc) who want to return to the old days of the traditional Full Frame. I am one of those people. Back in the 70's (the use of the apostrophie here is to shorten down the phrase seventies), I used a Minolta, full frame obviously.

Now that I have been active again in the 21st century, I have been using digital, and only cropped sensor. I was desperate to get a Nikon D700 but it was too big for me, and way too expensive.

I look forward to the possibility of a full frame offered by Pentax since they tend towards a smaller, useful feature packed, quality camera. And after going from a D90 Nikon, to a Pentax K-5, I am not going back to Nikon. They don't offer the same quality and options, dollar for dollar that Pentax does.

I am crossing my fingers that Pentax takes the plunge into FF-digital, and am saving for that, a little at a time.
08-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #268
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote

The last time I looked there were 7 FF bodies ranked higher than Pentax's best seller.
08-12-2012, 08:59 AM - 2 Likes   #269

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by karma13612 Quote
Back in the 70's (the use of the apostrophie here is to shorten down the phrase seventies), I used a Minolta, full frame obviously.
Except that when the plurals of numbers are used as nouns, they aren't formed with apostrophes, so it should be "the '70s". Note the apostrophe BEFORE the 7, as '70s is a contraction of 1970s...
08-12-2012, 09:38 AM - 1 Like   #270
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Talisker Quote
Except that when the plurals of numbers are used as nouns, they aren't formed with apostrophes, so it should be "the '70s". Note the apostrophe BEFORE the 7, as '70s is a contraction of 1970s...

Really?
Can we change the title of this thread to "Grammar Nazism at Its Finest "?