Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 56 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #421
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Hey! I've got an idea. Why don't we all just wait?
Where's the fun in that?

08-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #422
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
Where's the fun in that?

It's always more fun to speculate isn't it.
08-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #423
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
It's always more fun to speculate isn't it.
Not necessarily..
08-20-2012, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #424
Inactive Account

I think the pentax K-3 should come with a little fairy that brings me my beer while I am post processing.......just saying =)

08-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #425
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I don't understand what's so hot about the 5d Mk III. It costs more than the D800 (over here at least) and has significantly worse low ISO DR than the K-5. Add to that: Some of the lenses that are really different from what you can get for the K-5 (i.e. those where FF really matters) are crazy expensive (e.g. the 14mm f/2.8 L II).

The Canon also has many other major issues. It has far worse w/r than even the K-5 or even far sub 1k priced K30. So imagine spending well into 3k for a Canon camera that can't match the w/r. Even more of a problem with the Canon - sure the shutter will take the count, but the mirror assembly in the pentaprism will not. It's a very widespread problem across the Canon 5xx line.

So yes the Canon 5d still priced a bit to high, and also a very far cry from items like the Canon 1Dx
08-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #426
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by that1guy Quote
I think the pentax K-3 should come with a little fairy that brings me my beer while I am post processing.......just saying =)
So that's why you're so creative!
08-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #427
Veteran Member

Where's the fun in that?
If you're gonna waste your time you may as well get paid for it.

08-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #428

Where's the fun in that?
Absolutely! I work in an office, jumping to conclusions is the only exercise I get!
08-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #429
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Rumors about a new Pentax full frame DSLR camera have been circulating for a while. Here are some new updates:
  1. Pentax will make the world's most compact full frame body which is to be marketed by March 2013.
  2. Two body colors: black and silver.
  3. Using the new Sony 24MP full frame sensor, possibly the same as in the rumored Nikon D600 and the upcoming Sony a99. Pentax can start using this new sensor 6 months after the a99 is announced.
  4. Pentax will also announce a new full frame kit zoom lens (starting from 28mm on the wide angle side).
  5. There will be also a new battery grip and flash unit.
  6. The price of the new Pentax full frame camera is rumored to be HK$22,000 for the body only (around US$2800).
  7. The official announcement is expected in September at Photokina.

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: More Pentax full frame DSLR rumors | Photo Rumors
08-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #430
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
It's tough to take it seriously when it uses an april fool's day joke as a source for the pic.
08-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #431
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
So that's why you're so creative!
No.. he has the Siri powered test sample that provides feedback to him while he is shooting..
08-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #432
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
Rumors about a new Pentax full frame DSLR camera have been circulating for a while. Here are some new updates:
  1. Pentax will make the world's most compact full frame body which is to be marketed by March 2013.
  2. Two body colors: black and silver.
  3. Using the new Sony 24MP full frame sensor, possibly the same as in the rumored Nikon D600 and the upcoming Sony a99. Pentax can start using this new sensor 6 months after the a99 is announced.
  4. Pentax will also announce a new full frame kit zoom lens (starting from 28mm on the wide angle side).
  5. There will be also a new battery grip and flash unit.
  6. The price of the new Pentax full frame camera is rumored to be HK$22,000 for the body only (around US$2800).
  7. The official announcement is expected in September at Photokina.

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: More Pentax full frame DSLR rumors | Photo Rumors
I think if FF is going to happen, this is the most likely path. The owner of my sorta-local camera store which carries all things Pentax basically said the same thing as above when I asked him if he had heard any news. I have no reason to believe he actually knows anything that we here don't know, but it's all speculation anyway.

The only thing I would question is whether it would be announced at Photokina? As stated, the Sony sensor has to be out for six months before Pentax can release their camera with it, so would they announce it so far ahead of time? On one hand I could see them want to get the info out since other companies are releasing their new FF "entry level" models... but it seems like January would be a more realistic time for it to be announced.
08-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #433
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sunny16 Quote
I think if FF is going to happen, this is the most likely path. The owner of my sorta-local camera store which carries all things Pentax basically said the same thing as above when I asked him if he had heard any news. I have no reason to believe he actually knows anything that we here don't know, but it's all speculation anyway.

The only thing I would question is whether it would be announced at Photokina? As stated, the Sony sensor has to be out for six months before Pentax can release their camera with it, so would they announce it so far ahead of time? On one hand I could see them want to get the info out since other companies are releasing their new FF "entry level" models... but it seems like January would be a more realistic time for it to be announced.
Let's hope so.
08-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #434

I think it makes a lot more sense to assume Pentax-Ricoh will introduce a new APS-C camera as an update to the K-5 right now and in the near future produce the full frame that so many Pentax shooters are wanting so badly. As long as they have a solid marketing plan for a full frame model I think it's a great idea although I must say I'm pretty happy with my K-5 and even my K-7. Both are phenominal cameras that still take incredible photographs.
08-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #435
Veteran Member

It stands to reason that a new Mirrorless camera will be available (or at least announced) . I can't believe they'd stop at the K-01 and give up without a fight. I would aslo hope that Ricoh release a K-mount FF sensor module if possible too.