Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #16

Warranty

What people don't realise is that you can still get extended warranty in Australia even if cameras are bought oveseas. Admitidely they are not covered in the first year of purchase but if their is a problem you camn always return to purchaser from overseas.

Regards

Charles

01-29-2008, 02:56 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A couple of questions: Firstly to Lithos....so you don't like CR Kennedy then..?, sorta comes through.

The other question is regarding Pentax Warranty, for the cost of postage, it says to return the camera to Pentax for service issues if purchased outside the country in which you live, or to the distributor IN the country you live, but you may be charged a service and handling fee.

I wonder if anyone could set up a poll on service issues: year of purchase, where purchased, where you live, have you returned camera for service; where and how long it took etc etc. Will the poll thingo allow that many questions?

Of the three bodies in our family, 1 X DS; 2 X DL, one body is currently comatose due, I suspect, to moisture, neither of the others have ever been returned to a service centre. One was bought in Australia, two in Hong Kong.
Cheers
Grant
01-29-2008, 05:19 AM   #18
Pentaxian

You can get your Pentax equipment serviced in CR Kennedy when you have International Warranty Card.
By default Pentax issues only Local Warranty Cards, however they provide International Warranty Card upon request. If you bought Pentax camera in USA you should request International Warranty Card from Pentax USA and then CR Kennedy will service it for free during warranty period.

BTW, what warranty term for Pentax in Oz?
01-29-2008, 07:15 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Charles Wilson Quote
Dear All,

I can't understand why you would buy the camera in Australia. For example the cheapest price I can get a K10D in Australia is $1200 whilst I can buy from B@H for $699 even with exchange rate and postage it comes to under $800 A a saving of $400. I can buy a nice lens for that.

Regards

Charles Wilson
now it would be a different story, and samsung 50-200 is the only lens I have bought here. But when i got the k10. digital camera warehouse was doing it for $1200-$1250 the best price I could get for someone to ship it here + postage + customs (being over $1000) was only going to be au$50-$100 less. Having waiting 4+ weeks to get my k100d (bought as nice big expensive bundle) through customs, I didn't want to do that again.

Phil