Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Hmm. Maybe I have a good set, but I recent shot a wedding for a family friend. I charged one set of Energizer 2500 mAH NIMH batteries the night before. It lasted the whole day. I was quite surprised that I didnt even need the second set. ~700 shots with moderate flash (sigma 530 super)

01-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by kthung Quote
Hmm. Maybe I have a good set, but I recent shot a wedding for a family friend. I charged one set of Energizer 2500 mAH NIMH batteries the night before. It lasted the whole day. I was quite surprised that I didnt even need the second set. ~700 shots with moderate flash (sigma 530 super)
The problem of plain NiMH is not they you can't take many shots with them, the problem is they don't hold their charge over a longer time. That's very annoying for the average customer, cause they have to keep mentally aware that they loose charge and fill them up once and a while or face the chance that your batteries are flat when you accidentally need them.

Supplying Pentax' with hybrids and a charger would get rid of all of that mess and people can fully appreciate the flexibility of the AA format and have convenient rechargeables without having to go through a lot of research or trial and error before they find out about hybrids.

Last edited by CSpronken; 01-30-2008 at 02:18 PM.
01-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Give the uniross range a try, I have found them useful especially as I have Jessops and 7dayshop own brand which dont seem as good. I can leave them in the DS for ages without problems.