Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K200D will ship with

Eveready AA Lithuims! Says so in the lit. Finally we won't have to hear some reviewer say it can only take 70 shots on a set of batteries. Smart move Pentax.
thanks
barondla

01-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Eveready AA Lithuims! Says so in the lit. Finally we won't have to hear some reviewer say it can only take 70 shots on a set of batteries. Smart move Pentax.
Not only smart for reviews but genuinely nice for consumers -- for a lot of people, they won't have to buy batteries for half a year or more.
01-28-2008, 02:44 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Those Lithium AAs are amazing!

I stuck a set in my DS and forget about them for months.

And they are so light as well. Makes my DS feather light.

Watch out for them in Tesco's (if you in UK) <-- they do good deals on them often. And they usually work out cheaper than Duracells (pah).
01-28-2008, 04:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
thanks
barondla
Well, shall we still see or not see end-users keep complaining about the short battery life of their AA *rechargeables* then? Does this help? :-)

p.s. Note that *ist D and DS did ship with a pair of Panasonic Lithium CR-V3, but then..!

01-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Well, shall we still see or not see end-users keep complaining about the short battery life of their AA *rechargeables* then? Does this help? :-)
Who's complaining about AA rechargables? With my high quality charger and Sanyo 2500MAh or similar, I get over 100 shots on a charge with my k100d.
01-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by superfuzzy Quote
Who's complaining about AA rechargables? With my high quality charger and Sanyo 2500MAh or similar, I get over 100 shots on a charge with my k100d.
thats actualy very very very bad....
01-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Ditto. I always have >300 shoots with my eneloops and a lot of flash/preview.

01-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Over 100 shots is very very very GOOD!!! More like 200+ shots on a charge - I always carry a spare set of AA rechargeables, and don't keep track.
01-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
Veteran Member

no, thats very very bad,

enerloop users report upwards of 400-500 shots.

Lithieum users of other cameras easly punch out 400+ shots

and can you be more specific?

100 shots, and 200 shots, are two different things, which is it?

if you have never seriously kept written track of how long a set of batteries lasts you, you're opinions in this matter are hardly valid.
01-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
Forum Member

I know for sure I have gotten over 200 shots with my K100D and random rechargeable batteries (filling a 2GB sdcard in raw). Never counted but I'd guess atleast 300.
01-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #11
Veteran Member

For reference, I've been getting an average of 600 shots from my one Pentax battery and two NP-400 Konica-Minolta equivalents in my K10D. And I usually change them as soon as I see the battery low indicator rather than running them all the way down (since they're lithiums).

With my K100D, I routinely got 2500 or more from a set of non-rechargeable lithium CRV3s. If I still had my K100D and had to change batteries every 200 shots, I think I'd go crazy. Well, crazy until I went out and bought more CRV3s.
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #12

I don't wanna put the complain hat on again and I appreciate the gesture with the lithium, but wouldn't it be better just to ship it with one of them hybrid rechargeables? Two reasons:

1 Reviewers will love it, you get the flexibility of AA, but rechargeable and they even keep their load quite good. That would really earn them a few nice compliments.

2 Better consumer experience, not only do they get the rechargeables and the charger, but they also aren't confronted with depleted batteries and the need to research what to buy, read manual, go to shop, spend more money, perhaps buy a NiMH and find out they loose charge.

All that fuss can be avoided just shipping them with those hybrid rechargeables, they are excellent and if people want an extra set or want to replace them they immediately know what batteries to get.

BTW, anyone found out yet if the K200D does now allow those 3.6V RCRV3's now?

Last edited by CSpronken; 01-28-2008 at 05:02 PM.
01-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CSpronken Quote
I don't wanna put the complain hat on again and I appreciate the gesture with the lithium, but wouldn't it be better just to ship it with one of them hybrid rechargeables?
Probably because they want to save the cost of packaging in a charger. Otherwise, they could have included any traditional NiMH battery+charger, and it would be cheaper than hybrid/eneloop.
01-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I usually get probably 300 to 400 with my Eneloop 2000mAh. But I don't use auto-focus and use the review only sparingly. I have to say I have never understood all the complaints about the K100D and battery life. So long as I have one more set of Eneloops charged up in the bag I'm good to go. I do carry around either an 8-pack or 12-pack of regular AAs for flash use, and they could be pressed into camera service in a pinch.
01-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Probably because they want to save the cost of packaging in a charger. Otherwise, they could have included any traditional NiMH battery+charger, and it would be cheaper than hybrid/eneloop.
I have 2 problems with shipping with NiMH batteries and charger:

1 They loose their charge which is annoying and deteriorates the customers product experience.

2 A lot of buyers will still not know how convenient AA can be because they never find out about the hybrid ones.

I reckon it would be a smart and worthwhile investment for them.