Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2008, 12:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
This type of thread certainly trumps the negative discussions on some others. Thanks to all!!!
But see how fast they die...................... Anyway glad you liked it...

01-31-2008, 04:49 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
For me is pretty obvious that Pentax is in a race against the time. The whole Dubai thing was a little too early I guess and this is why they gave the "ordinary" kit lens maybe to create a larger depth of field and correct some autofocus issues by that. But this also degraded the quality of many pictures. Anyway IMO between most of the Dubai samples (18-55 II, v0.2 firmware, not many professional photographers amongst the jurnos) and the samples provided by Mr. Kanarek (DA 35 macro, v0.39 firmware, professional photographer) the differences are enormous. I really think that Pentax is on to something with this camera and I also think that K20D will shine with good glass on it only.
Radu
Matt Grayson from ePHOTOzine was also shooting with the 50-135mm zoom.
"All the time I used the camera, it felt sturdy and even in the desert, I knew I wasn't going to have too much trouble. I switched lenses a few times from the standard 18-55mm zoom lens to the 50-135mm zoom I managed to pinch from the Pentax rep during the test. During each switch I was careful to ensure as little dust contamination as possible and after running a dust scan, I found some in the top left corner so used the dust removal and the issue was resolved."
Pentax K20D DSLR Digital SLR Review

The Dubai event was extremely well organized, and Pentax have followed a carefully set plan, this time around.
The reviewers were shooting a new camera, many of them not regular Pentax shooters, and they had to be aware of all the info given, to be able to write the reports when they came home. They could not exclusively think of getting the pictures right; after all it was just a hands-on testing, not a competition.

Matt also in his update, writes : "The shot of the falcon was accidentally taken in Spot metering due to taking still images of the bird on the falconers hand before it started flying. The image could be underexposed due to this human error. Please don't blame the camera!!"
01-31-2008, 08:53 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
This would make Iso 1600 useable for many appliances.
Except dishwashers...