Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #16

Nice news!!! that is the reason to visit this lovely place on Richmond again !!!

08-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Checked out the Camera Exchange in San Antonio, nice store and staff. They have Pentax well displayed, even with its own showcase and a big Pentax sign on the front of the buildiing. Had the K-5 and K-30 well displayed along with WG-2. A number of lenes also. The sales clerk was very good and she said they are the only brick and morder camera store in San Antonio.
08-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #18
Mjm

Very cool. It's nice to see Pentax displayed more.
I asked Precision Camera in Austin about Pentax. Said they were undecided. I believe if people keep asking about it, more stores will start carrying Pentax again.

Rumor has it Colorado Springs , CO will start carrying Pentax again.
08-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now that's good news

Good to hear HCE is carrying Pentax again. I used to pop over there during my lunch break just to check out their used pentax gear and other photo stuff like bags, lens caps for my Takumars, and anything else I could find. I stopped going because they stopped carrying Pentax. I'd like to check hold a few Pentax lenses in my hands so it will be interesting to see what kind of stock they have.

Last edited by KFrog; 08-22-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: grammer
08-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
It's a nice store and you can spend an hour or so there, but don't expect a lot of Pentax gear. Before they stopped carrying them, they just had a small section. I asked the manager and he was pretty honest. He said he liked the Pentax stuff, but it was just much safer from a business standpoint to push the big two. He mentioned how he was burned pushing Minolta in the past, so I can see his point of view.

Still, it's a nice independent store. Another one is Houston Camera Coop, but they're several miles away, and they've never carried Pentax that I've seen.
It is a decent store, lots of good photo gear - tripods, bags, books, magazines, lighting equipement etc. Haven't been in a few years. Bought a battery grip for my K10D there.