Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #136
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
In addition to all the prognosis, I believe Pentax will too:

- Introduce K-01P, designed by Mark Newson's cousin Paul
- Introduce a 645D in blue (advertised in Australia/Oceania only) and Stormtroper white (advertised only above the 50 N and S parallel)
- They will show a few more mockup lenses for Q, like during the CP+ early this year, and same as during the CP+ without any designation or specifics about them, or the specific year of eventual shipment

08-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #137
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,073
Waouh, very exciting !
08-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #138
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,118
I'm rather saddened by the news! Waited along time to take the digital plunge and now my camera of choice is discontinued only 6 months after I purchased it! Tis sad!

Don't know what the life expectancy of these digital cameras is but I think the K-5 will be my one an only DSLR.

Last edited by WillH; 08-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.
08-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #139
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
Pentax it's about 16 months between the advance cameras like the K7 and K5

But what does it matter, its not like it's obsolete when a newer one comes out.

Besides 16 months to replace a digital product is actually pretty long.

08-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #140
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,714
QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
I'm rather saddened by the news! Waited along time to take the digital plunge and now my camera of choice is discontinued only 6 months after I purchase it! Tis sad!

Don't know what the life expectancy of these digital cameras is but I think the K-5 will be my one an only DSLR.
Well the K-5 is closing on being two years in production and for sale in shops (from november 2010) and I think that that is a nice time for a camera in that range. The new camera will have some new futures and probably is going to run until late fall/winter 2014. You can still enjoy your camera for several years.
08-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #141
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,917
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well the K-5 is closing on being two years in production and for sale in shops (from november 2010) and I think that that is a nice time for a camera in that range. The new camera will have some new futures and probably is going to run until late fall/winter 2014. You can still enjoy your camera for several years.
"Several"? How about "as long as the shutter fires" instead?
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #142
Pentaxian
Clicker's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,241
QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
I'm rather saddened by the news! Waited along time to take the digital plunge and now my camera of choice is discontinued only 6 months after I purchased it! Tis sad!

Don't know what the life expectancy of these digital cameras is but I think the K-5 will be my one an only DSLR.
A camera is a tool like a hammer, you don't run out every time a hammer gets introduced? Only when its broken, unless you collect hammers?

i know bad analogy
08-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #143
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Photos: Albums
Posts: 570
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
A camera is a tool like a hammer, you don't run out every time a hammer gets introduced? Only when its broken, unless you collect hammers? i know bad analogy
I agree with your point, I do. My qualm with the analogy is that a hammer has a very limited feature set and performance curve, while a DSLR has a seemingly ever expanding feature set along with sometimes drastic increases in performance from one generation to the next. That said, I plan to keep my K-5 for quite a long time to come.

08-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #144
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
Most of us simply skip a generation so they get a new camera ever 3 to 4 years.
08-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #145
Veteran Member
tclausen's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
A camera is a tool like a hammer, you don't run out every time a hammer gets introduced? Only when its broken, unless you collect hammers?

i know bad analogy
Oh, but you know, I'm an engineer....the old saying "if it doesn't work, get a bigger hammer" sometimes apply
08-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #146
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,917
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Most of us simply skip a generation so they get a new camera ever 3 to 4 years.
This is what I do on a general basis with most all electronics. It is a lot more cost effective to stay behind the curve.. can save a lot of money!
08-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #147
Pentaxian
rvannatta's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Apiary, Oregon
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,176
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
The K5 was indeed one of the best models in years even with the AF mistakes but i don't "love" the camera like i did the K10D.

I'll keep the K10D and sell the K5 for sure when i get the next best thing.
You certainly have a different opinion of the K10 than I do. I own both, and haven't taken a photo with the K10 since I got the k5 except
to take a photo of the K5. I found the exposure accuracy, and ability to work in low light addictive.
08-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #148
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 376
QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
You certainly have a different opinion of the K10 than I do. I own both, and haven't taken a photo with the K10 since I got the k5 except
to take a photo of the K5. I found the exposure accuracy, and ability to work in low light addictive.
It's the different sensor technology that matters for him, I guess. It does for me.
08-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #149
Veteran Member
Anvh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,616
QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
It's the different sensor technology that matters for him, I guess. It does for me.
Yep CCD in the K10D vs the CMOS in the K5

I like the feel of the image the K10D can produce with lower ISO's but indeed the K5 is my work horse as well but that feels just like a tool to me, while the K10D had character but those are my feelings.
08-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #150
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand.
Posts: 328
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Oh, but you know, I'm an engineer....the old saying "if it doesn't work, get a bigger hammer" sometimes apply
Or another saying saying "Anyone can use a hammer- but only an engineer knows how hard to hit it"
I have seen many excellent photos on this site, taken with camera's with much lower spec than my K5, that I will not need a bigger "hammer" just yet.

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I like the feel of the image the K10D can produce with lower ISO's but indeed the K5 is my work horse as well but that feels just like a tool to me, while the K10D had character but those are my feelings.
Couldn't have said it better - and one reason why I cannot bring myself to part with my K10D
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-5, pentax, pentax k-5, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax K-30 Officially Announced! Adam Pentax News and Rumors 245 09-12-2012 08:32 PM
Pentax K-5 Officially Announced Adam Pentax News and Rumors 533 03-06-2012 05:45 AM
Pentax K-r Officially Announced (along with DA L 35mm F2.4 lens) Adam Pentax News and Rumors 21 02-02-2012 11:33 PM
Has the K7 been officially discontinued? rena Pentax News and Rumors 21 01-26-2011 10:03 AM
K200D is officially discontinued Sitting Bull Pentax News and Rumors 35 03-07-2009 09:35 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top