Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
There may have been some confusion between the Tasmanian bushranger and the US Civil War photographer. I thought you may have deliberately made the connection, but subtly (and Langlois is an old Tasmanian family name).
Yes, the two references were connected and made quite knowingly. I thought there were enough here from Oz that some would pick up on it and the rest would give it the (lack of) attention it deserved.

Alas, though, I am not an old (or new) Tasmanian. English or Scottish in New England via raiding Amerindians then Quebecois. Love to get down your way, though!

08-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #122
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
The K-200 was considered weather sealed IIRC. I don't recall if it was pentaprism or not.
The K200d was considered weather sealed, it was weather sealed and that was my point. It also had optional grips and top LCD. The only real complaint I had was the penta-mirror in it. However, that is what I mean by the K-30 being more like it than the K-m, K-x, or K-r. The K-30 has the pentaprism, dual wheels and sealing but lacks the top LCD but don't know if that is a big deal, and don't think it has an optional grip. The K-30 has the previous flagships sensor like the K200d had (K10d).
08-15-2012, 08:44 PM - 1 Like   #123
Pentaxian

I just heard that Pentax will come out with . . . Well never mind.
08-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #124
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You were joking... right? If 3 cameras can create such problems, how about hundreds of combinations?
Why not? I can have it my way with my choice of hamburger toppings at Burger King.. why not my choice of camera features at Pentax? I mean how much different is a hamburger with a highly complex electronic device like a modern dSLR? not much!

08-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How come the DSLR products page on the Pentax website still shows the K-5 and the K-r alongside the K-30? Additionally, the fifth image of the rolling banner on the Pentax home page shows the K-5 and goes on to say, "Meet the new definition of the digital SLR, the ultra-advanced PENTAX K-5".

Surely there's someone over at PRICA who can spare one afternoon out of their workweek to update these couple of details on the website, seems like it'd be a worthwhile thing to do. Not to knock on Pentax too hard but having an updated website does go a ways in demonstrating a company's competency.
08-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #126
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Why not? I can have it my way with my choice of hamburger toppings at Burger King.. why not my choice of camera features at Pentax? I mean how much different is a hamburger with a highly complex electronic device like a modern dSLR? not much!
mmmm delicious chips

I like ccd's with salt and vinegar
08-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #127
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TomTextura Quote
How come the DSLR products page on the Pentax website still shows the K-5 and the K-r alongside the K-30? Additionally, the fifth image of the rolling banner on the Pentax home page shows the K-5 and goes on to say, "Meet the new definition of the digital SLR, the ultra-advanced PENTAX K-5".

Surely there's someone over at PRICA who can spare one afternoon out of their workweek to update these couple of details on the website, seems like it'd be a worthwhile thing to do. Not to knock on Pentax too hard but having an updated website does go a ways in demonstrating a company's competency.
Unless they're ashamed of their current sorry lineup too... As they should be.
08-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTextura Quote
What update can they put there to replace the content? "Pentax announces the K-5 officially discontinued" sounds kind of more negative... like the company's clearing out for an eventual meltdown... and they can't put unofficial news there either, or pre-empt them before official dates...

08-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #129
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
What update can they put there to replace the content? "Pentax announces the K-5 officially discontinued" sounds kind of more negative... like the company's clearing out for an eventual meltdown... and they can't put unofficial news there either, or pre-empt them before official dates...
They can replace it with a blurry image, so people don't assume they're calling it quits. And so that PF's speculation threads can explode again.
08-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
Yes, the two references were connected and made quite knowingly. I thought there were enough here from Oz that some would pick up on it and the rest would give it the (lack of) attention it deserved.

Alas, though, I am not an old (or new) Tasmanian. English or Scottish in New England via raiding Amerindians then Quebecois. Love to get down your way, though!
All Pentax-lovers made welcome! We frequently even have friends staying, who bring their Nikons all the way from the Netherlands (you make allowances for your friends, especially when they allow you to benchmark your gear against theirs, for free).

So (sort of back on topic) bring your new K3 (or whatever) or even your discontinued K-5 when you call.
08-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #131
Pentaxian

So that's why you keep putting ketchup on your camera...
08-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Unless they're ashamed of their current sorry lineup too... As they should be.
Well, I do believe that their lineup is only temporarily on the thin side. It's just a little uncomfortable during the in between time. But the lack of current offerings could be what's motivating them to keep their old models up on display.

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
What update can they put there to replace the content?
They could just have nothing. At least don't say that the K-5 is the "new definition of the digital SLR". And listing the K-r still, really? Wasn't that discontinued about nine months ago?
08-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #133
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
So that's why you keep putting ketchup on your camera...
News coatings? SMS couting? Super Multi Sauce!
08-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #134
Loyal Site Supporter

Ever try to take a picture with a hamburger?
08-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
And so that PF's speculation threads can explode again.
Even a simple "watch out for our new products" text from an official page can do that too,